Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PvP is difficult to balance because of HYBRIDS !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The thing wrong with clever birds (lol nice name) and even clever bears is they equip mojo wands and get a free enchantress debuff as a proc. Where are the swords that proc bear skills and bows that proc bird skills?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You do bring up a very good point but they already do. Archers have freeze bow, and warriors have nightmare 2hs. Make use of these intelligently like clever birds and u will be set. Sucks for archers cause there is only lvl 30 freeze stuff.

If a bear whacked me with nightmare while trying to take him down he would win.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by haroldiv View Post
    You do bring up a very good point but they already do. Archers have freeze bow, and warriors have nightmare 2hs. Make use of these intelligently like clever birds and u will be set. Sucks for archers cause there is only lvl 30 freeze stuff.
    Don't forget about the stunning hammers and armor breaking tridents. Bears have all the procs they need. I don't know if there are many for xbows besides freeze though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, some of you people really REALLY like Rock / Paper / Scissors, don't you?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I have to agree with Synozeer. Cross builds are what make the game interesting. Nothing wrong with having some items that are bear warrior specific, avian archer specific, and mage specific. This would add complexity as well as they could add a while new dimension.

Maybe even make them have special features like a mage weapon that increases everyone in the party 1h/s. Archer weapon increases everyone's chance to dodge by 5%. Warrior gear that makes everyone in the group have more armor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Just make it that when quests come out - they are race specific and reward the best untradable items.

Problem Solved

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i must admit im using the clever bird spec atm, i personally dont mind using pure dex gear like just the bow or talon but it really is boring seriously, i like the variety in the hybrids atm, it may not be balanced but the devs can do slight balance changes to make it fair, but tbh, i was fighting this pure dex archer with my clever bird and he killed me each time (im hardly good anyway so :P)

but yea i personally think dont get rid of hybrids because theres a lack of classes atm, 3 gets tiresome but the devs should balance the bybrids if the case may be

you seriously shouldnt take the pvp in this game seriously, its just for fun, noone likes dieing but, the pvp and this game in general is in its early stages
    Sayishere - Archer.

Never tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I rarely agree with threads like these, but this one I will agree with. I don't like hybrids, especially the bow bear. They were built to be played in their natural state, but they turn out to be more powerful in a different one. I hope this eventually gets fixed.

Level 45 Archer - Pex
    Among the first archers on Pocket Legends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Easy solution: Crossbreeds allowed, pure breeds get an automatic 10% boost for their own items.

Example:
    Bowbear 100dps
    Archer same items & stats 110dps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The only reason wand bird and bowbear are sonstrong is because rage and focus are too strong. These two skills define pvp on every level. It's not even the damage buff so much as the fact that you know you won't miss.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aerospacegod View Post
    Easy solution: Crossbreeds allowed, pure breeds get an automatic 10% boost for their own items.

Example:
    Bowbear 100dps
    Archer same items & stats 110dps
    Good solution to a problem that doesn't exist. Most of this is in complaint to the bow bear. The REAL problem is the fact that Warriors are extremely overpowered, like I have been saying for a while now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    The only reason wand bird and bowbear are sonstrong is because rage and focus are too strong. These two skills define pvp on every level. It's not even the damage buff so much as the fact that you know you won't miss.
    these buffs are a problem just because the health points of our characters are so so low, damage buffs are all find and dandy but the amount of damage each class can do is way to much for our characters to withstand, i even tried stacking dodge on my archer and that hardly worked in reducing the damage

i do agree some sort of lowering down of the damage from damage buffs is needed or more defense modifiers need to be implemented, or just more health

on the note of wand birds and bears, the wand bird isnt as OP as a bow bear imo, tbh warriors in general have the upper hand, this is why u see so many of them in PVP, theres a reason....

wand bird doesnt provide any extra defense that say a talon bird, the damage is better with wands but slower, i think it has to do with the extra debuff the wand gets, which i think is a armour debuff one (not sure) that should be removed, also the H/S is a bit to much if you use doll and wand also, thats the only thing i can see thats overpowering, please tell me what else im missing. pure dex archers have the advantage of faster attack speed and more damage due to more dex (and more range if you use crossbow)

even with bow bear, i dont mind them, they take more damage than a shield bear so im fine with it, i notice though they do alot of the death blowing so they get the kills, i dont know what contributes to this, if someone can tell me, i would be grateful, i must level up a warrior to understand the class fully
    Last edited by Sayishere; 05-29-2010 at 03:35 PM.
    Sayishere - Archer.

Never tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lol! That is the biggest problem. People not understanding other classes and complaining. All 3 classes now have EPIC dmg and hit and crit increasing buffs now. If any of these classes hits that then all of their skills u can 1 shot everyone but warriors.

There is not a single class right now that played by an idiot has a large advantage over another. I love getting beaten by people who deserve to win! Komodori for example has found a great strategy with tons of dodge gear. I love fighting him. He is one of the hardest warriors to take down and it is rewarding when u do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

hybrid archer is getting particularly stupid.

Its just dumb that a 2 handed weapon is boosting long range skill attacks in particular. Shots are benefiting from the huge top end damage of the 2h blades. We knew it would be effective awhile ago, but its simply makes no sense.

The more i experiment with hybrid builds, and yea i've tried the 2h archer, the more i'm starting to think its ruining the game. Full write up to come.

The real solution to all of this is to just nerf the hybrid system entirely, and implement 2-3 more classes, and a skill tree system that would allow certain classes to spec different equipment types that what they normally wear.
    Last edited by Azrael; 05-30-2010 at 10:57 AM.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Its just dumb that a 2 handed weapon is boosting long range skill attacks in particular. Shots are benefiting from the huge top end damage of the 2h blades. We knew it would be effective awhile ago, but its simply makes no sense.

The more i experiment with hybrid builds, and yea i've tried the 2h archer, the more i'm starting to think its ruining the game. Full write up to come.

The real solution to all of this is to just nerf the hybrid system entirely, and implement 2-3 more classes, and a skill tree system that would allow certain classes to spec different equipment types that what they normally wear.
    This makes a lot of sense. Maybe instead the solution should be that Slash skills and Shot skills should require a Sword or Bow respectively.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Regarding "adding classes to fix class balance" -

I dunno if implementing new classes is wise without refining these 3 for the long-term. Maybe if they balance these three first then they could add more but without balancing these first, it'd be even sloppier than it already is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Personally, I don't believe the hybrid classes are ideal for anything other than PvP. Playing a bow bear or a bow mage in PvE, you will quickly run out of mana. The bow bird has meditation for a reason, most importantly to offset low mana regen of DEX gear.
    However, popping pots will offset the mana problem of the bow mage and bow bear...
    The solution is possibly a cool down on pots. It is say 2-3 secs for normal build, and higher for hybrids, like 15 secs. Not a nerf, but a temporary solution, until more classes can be implemented, like Azrael said. Hybrids partially arose out of the fact that there isn't a lot of class choice in this game right now.
    Don't nerf the ability of classes to put points in different areas, just the ability of them to wield different weapons than was originally intended.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Mage + lvl5 Buffs/Debuffs/AoE = pwnage. Especially since they up'd the buffs now so that crit and armor are ++'d.

Flaimdude: Lvl31 Mage Flaimer: Lvl15 Arch Flaimior: Lvl14 Bear
    "If you're not careful asommers will catch up to you lol" ~Royce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

well, if those hybrids are better than the rest, why dont you take whatever character you have and turn it into a hybrid? its not like youre not allowed to make one
    Wetphart Level 41 Dex Bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

hybrid archer is getting particularly stupid.

Wait, if you are an archer, and u use 2h swords, blast shot works from a distance? THAT should definiteily be removed
    Wetphart Level 41 Dex Bear