Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Good Skill Masteries for ALL Classes!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Default Good Skill Masteries for ALL Classes!

Heyo! I've tested out and analyzed all the skill masteries on all classes and came to this conclusion of what skill masteries are good:
    -Mage
    1.Time Shift Mastery:This skill has a 3.5% chance at 10/10 to freeze weaker enemies.....FOREVER! (literally),but don't let the 3.5% chance make it seem underpowered because this actually procs often if you have the countdown of pain upgrade (the DoT upgrade)
    Also please note that panicking or using frost bolt on enemies will cancel out the Time Shift's amazing freezing effect. Nekro,Samael,Clyde,Slag,Grimm,Dovabear,and Arcane Deary owners beware! Also Arcane Deary's Ring's proc doesn't disrupt Time Shift's freeze.
    2.Gale Force Mastery:Tired of getting stunned then dying while you are waiting for your shield to be ready again? This is for you! This mastery at 10/10 gives a 4 second buff on using Gale Force that removes ANY debuffs (that includes stuns) every 0.4 seconds. At 10/10, this mastery has 10 ticks in it.
    3.Lightning Strike Mastery: At 10/10,this mastery buffs your damage of Lightning Strike even further! (by 10% at 10/10). Here is how significant it is:So,you do 1300 damage on Lightning Strike,add the Empowered Bolt upgrade and now you deal 1495 damage.Add the Positive Surge upgrade and now you can do 3738 damage on critical hits. Now add the 10/10 Lightning Strike Mastery and now you deal 1645 damage on normal attack and 4112 damage on critical attack. That is some good damage.
    4.Curse Mastery :Curse is an alright pvp skill and how can you make it a bit more effective? Make it reduce crit by 10% at 10/10! 10% is a significant amount and can be helpful to make it less likely that enemies like rouges will will get the upper hand. If PvP isn't your thing, its also good in elites (just for debuffs) and reducing the the elite enemies' critical chances by 10% makes it a bit easier to stop that one hit crit bs they always do.
    -Warrior
    1.Horn of Renew Mastery:This mastery makes tanks and your buddies even tankier!At 10/10,this buffs up the armor 4 x (insert caster's lvl here).So heres an example of how this works:So I am level 46 and I cast Horn of Renew with the 10/10 mastery. Me and my buddies now will get a 184 armor armor buff because 4(10/10 Horn of Renew Mastery) times 46(because I am the one who casted Horn of Renew and I am level 46). This will provide 224 armor at level 56.
    2.Rally Cry Mastery:Like the Horn of Renew Mastery,this mastery scales towards your level as well! except instead of armor,its strength.At 10/10,this mastery gives you 1.25 strength per character level,though this skill only applies to you unless you use the Call to Arms upgrade to give this to your buddies too. So if you have the Call to Arms upgrade on Rally Cry and have the 10/10 Rally Cry Mastery,at level 46 this will give you and your buddies 58 strength and 70 strength at level 56.
    3.Juggernaut Mastery:Juggernaut has the longest skill cool down in the game right now with a cool down of 45 seconds. With the 10/10 mastery,this will shave off 5 seconds of the cool down,making the cool down 40 seconds.
    4.Axe Throw Mastery (if you don't do solo runs):This mastery makes sure that all the enemies focused on you instead of your buddies. At 10/10,this mastery provides a 5 second bleed and has a tick rate of 1 second and has a 100% chance per tick to taunt affected enemies.
    -Rouge
    1.Combat Medic Mastery:Tired of spamming those damn mana pots every second? This mastery finally eliminates that problem! At 10/10, this mastery gives 3.33 x character level back per health kit. So, if you are level 46 and you pick up one of these health kits, you will have 136 mana restored. Though if your buddy is level 25, he will get about 66 mana back.
    2.Shadow Veil Mastery: At 10/10 this will have Shadow Veil provide you and your buddies 2.5 damage. This doesn't seem like much,but according to the damage passive skill,this gets amplified based on the bonus damage % you have and other damage modifiers that involve percentage (damage elixir,pet happiness,etc.).If you have 460% bonus damage, this will provide 11.5 damage,but if you also have an arcane pet that has a 15% happiness bonus, this will amp it up to 13.23,and if you also have 30% damage elixir, it will add 17.2 points of damage.
    3.Shadow Piercer Mastery: Pair this up with Shadow Absorption and Leading Dagger, and you will be healed 45% of your health at most. How this works is that Shadow Piercer can hit 3 enemies with the Leading Dagger upgrade, and a 10/10 Shadow Piercer Mastery heals you for 5% of your health per each enemy you pierce through (I'm not sure if Rising Death upgrade also applies),healing a total of 15% of your health.Add in the Shadow Absorption upgrade and you will heal a huge chunk of your health. One more thing,the Rising Death upgrade works with this as well so you can get healed even more than 45%!
    4.Razor Shield Mastery:Spacetime Studios released an upgrade for Client 1.5 that reduced the armor of rouges and now rouges are desperate to get some more armor and defense. This mastery helps because a 10/10 Razor Shield Mastery reduces damage by 10%,making rouges a bit tougher again like they used to be before the Client 1.5 update.
    5.Noxious Bolt Mastery: Pair this with the Lingering Poison upgrade, and now the poison will last up to 10 seconds! Use the Fragmentation upgrade and now the poison does even more damage. At 10/10, this mastery increases the duration of the poison by 4 seconds and buffs its damage by 10%.
    6.Shadow Storm Mastery: At 10/10 this mastery increases the impact radius by 2.5 meters and can hit 5 more targets so that u can do lotsa aoe.

Anyways thanks for looking at this post and I hope this helps making skill builds easier and also heres a video that I've made that talks about the same thing as well. well (I kinda stutter a lot and it's a bad habit lol): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjTR2bjg2sE

I've also made a vid that talks about how to make a build out of skill masteries as well:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th9YgRTj0Ic
    How skill masteries progress:http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ion-per-Level&
    Last edited by Kaziscate; 03-21-2016 at 09:52 AM.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Kaziscate For This Useful Post:

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

You forgot the Arcane Shield. If you put 10/10 on the skill mastery of Arcane shield you will gain a woooping 75% damage absorbtion when you charge the skill.
    Arcane Shield skill ------------> 30% damage absorb when charged
    Extended Shield upgrade -----> 15% damage absorb
    Static Resonance upgrade-----> 15% damage absorb
    Skill Mastery (1.5% per point)--> 15% damage absorb if 10/10

This is why its so fun to play Sorcerer rigth now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Awesome review of all masteries thank you

Sent from my PAP4040_DUO using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I've noticed a few bugs with the time shift mastery.

While it does proc often, it will UNDO its own proc. For example, if an already frozen enemy is hit with another clock it will become UNFROZEN. The newly unfrozen mob will retain its freeze graphic. The frost bolt skill will also undo the perma freeze done by time shift mastery. (Upgrades 1, 3, 4) the mob will remain frozen for the duration of the frost bolt freeze (6s?) And then unfreeze. This is also true for a number of pets. (Slag and a bunch more I can't seem to remember.)
    If this glitch is fixed then the time mastery will be very over powered.

I've also found the heal mastery to be COMPLETE garbage in pve. There are no words to describe it. It's simply garbage.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, that's my sig. You have my permission to be #jelly

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mishafeng For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mishafeng View Post

While it does proc often, it will UNDO its own proc. For example, if an already frozen enemy is hit with another clock it will become UNFROZEN. The newly unfrozen mob will retain its freeze graphic. The frost bolt skill will also undo the perma freeze done by time shift mastery. (Upgrades 1, 3, 4) the mob will remain frozen for the duration of the frost bolt freeze (6s?) And then unfreeze. This is also true for a number of pets. (Slag and a bunch more I can't seem to remember.)

I've also found the heal mastery to be COMPLETE garbage in pve. There are no words to describe it. It's simply garbage.

Sent from my XT032 using Tapatalk
    Heal in pve? Heal in pve has never been a good choice, it aggro and u give up one dmg skill, making killing 1/4 slower (not accurate but close).

Regarding time shift. I have not tested this mastery, but im pretty sure tooltip on mastery do not say freeze, but if it freeze or do like arcane deary AA/arcane deary ring effect does not really matter, time shift improved freez most mobs anyway, so seems useless imo. But not tested, i thought it did the same as arcane deary AA/deary ring, and even leveling new mage with deary ring is a pain, sometimes u have to run back when mob come back, or miss a mob and boss wont spawn..

Only one ive tested is wind mastery, and its nice for a fire/wind/ts/lightn mage as me, but i loose 5str and 3armor passives, wich saves me on hard hitting elite bosses, making me have to move more o.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by illwilly View Post
    Heal in pve? Heal in pve has never been a good choice, it aggro and u give up one dmg skill, making killing 1/4 slower (not accurate but close).

Regarding time shift. I have not tested this mastery, but im pretty sure tooltip on mastery do not say freeze, but if it freeze or do like arcane deary AA/arcane deary ring effect does not really matter, time shift improved freez most mobs anyway, so seems useless imo. But not tested, i thought it did the same as arcane deary AA/deary ring, and even leveling new mage with deary ring is a pain, sometimes u have to run back when mob come back, or miss a mob and boss wont spawn..

Only one ive tested is wind mastery, and its nice for a fire/wind/ts/lightn mage as me, but i loose 5str and 3armor passives, wich saves me on hard hitting elite bosses, making me have to move more o.o
    I realize that heal is not a good skill in pve and that it does aggro mobs, but I do use it to save many many pots in solo and easy runs. (Fire, frost, time shift and heal) but what I meant was that in general the heal skill mastery is complete garbage. It gives little to no HP and doesn't last long enough.

In regards to the time shift mastery, the 'freezing' it does should be indefinite no matter what. That is what would make it a good mastery. Without an indefinite freeze it would be a waste of points.

The only other mastery I can see being good are lightning, shield and 1/10 gale.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by illwilly View Post

Actually... clock mastery freezes the mob for entirety (until you reset it, kill it, or unfreeze it by bug)....
    I was having fun with a friend in nordar elite, with ~8 to 9 "frozen mobs" by the clock mastery. We staid in the map for like 30 min+, without gear (she wanted to take screen shots), and the mobs stay frozen for the entire time.

As for the another clock "unfreezing" the mob, it didn't happen for me, but i can confirm that ice bolt unfreeze the mob (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ck-mastery-bug).

As for pets, i haven't test so ya, but it could be same as ice.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to eugene9707 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

i tried curse 7/10 @ PVP it works against rogues but some warrior too with arcane sword but then long CD doesn't really help.. also not sure it is any good in PVE reducing 10% damage when charge?

frost bolt chance freeze is very rare at boss and pvp... i tried too also heal sapling is just nice graphic but rubbish..

with the limited SP now at 46, i can see myself using gale mastery which helps alot.. i love the time shift mastery but just that it dont work in pvp which is nab
    Last edited by will0; 03-19-2016 at 08:08 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to will0 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kinzmet View Post
    You forgot the Arcane Shield. If you put 10/10 on the skill mastery of Arcane shield you will gain a woooping 75% damage absorbtion when you charge the skill.
    Arcane Shield skill ------------> 30% damage absorb when charged
    Extended Shield upgrade -----> 15% damage absorb
    Static Resonance upgrade-----> 15% damage absorb
    Skill Mastery (1.5% per point)--> 15% damage absorb if 10/10

This is why its so fun to play Sorcerer rigth now
    Yes but it it's a bit rare that enemies will reach the absorption limit of arcane shield.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

There I updated the post but thanks for reminding me about that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaziscate View Post
    There I updated the post but thanks for reminding me about that
    NP! U haven't tested all the pets with stun abilities but I can say that swift and breeze have no effect on the perma freeze. I have a feeling that only pets that require then enemy to MOVE from their stunned position will in stun/freeze them. (Like slags panic makes their arms move etc)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeygirlROG View Post
    Awesome review of all masteries thank you

Sent from my PAP4040_DUO using Tapatalk
    You're welcome

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Rogues
    Bomb Mastery: Shadow Veil isn't good even with the masteries because buffs don't stack in this game. You can get Armor and Crit from Effigys which is a better substitute for this skill and doesn't waste a skill slot.

Piercer Mastery: The HP gain from SP, while nice. Isn't important. This mastery could be niche in PvP but Rogues have Medkits and PvE Rogues just have pots. Which Dont cost 10 skill points.

Medkit Mastery: Like medkits themselves this is a bad mastery to get if you play PvE. In PvP the mana it recovers is very beneficial.

Razor Shield Mastery: The 5% armor benefit is good because of the recent rogue nerf. However this move is a double edged sword. The dodge boost and status cleanse is good however the razors draw a lot of aggro from mobs(especially in elites.) and even with a armor boost you will still find yourself getting 1hko'd.

Nox Bolt Mastery: This is really the only absolutely 100% good mastery rogues have. It majes poison damage very powerful and the extended dot makes poison stacking easier.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Legallyblonde For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legallyblonde View Post
    Rogues
    Bomb Mastery: Shadow Veil isn't good even with the masteries because buffs don't stack in this game. You can get Armor and Crit from Effigys which is a better substitute for this skill and doesn't waste a skill slot.

Piercer Mastery: The HP gain from SP, while nice. Isn't important. This mastery could be niche in PvP but Rogues have Medkits and PvE Rogues just have pots. Which Dont cost 10 skill points.

Medkit Mastery: Like medkits themselves this is a bad mastery to get if you play PvE. In PvP the mana it recovers is very beneficial.

Razor Shield Mastery: The 5% armor benefit is good because of the recent rogue nerf. However this move is a double edged sword. The dodge boost and status cleanse is good however the razors draw a lot of aggro from mobs(especially in elites.) and even with a armor boost you will still find yourself getting 1hko'd.

Nox Bolt Mastery: This is really the only absolutely 100% good mastery rogues have. It majes poison damage very powerful and the extended dot makes poison stacking easier.
    If you pair Razor Shield Mastery's 10% dmg reduction with Shadow Veil's 20% armor buff, you will become one tough cookie.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

That's not how it works, the buffs don't stack.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Legallyblonde For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legallyblonde View Post
    That's not how it works, the buffs don't stack.
    They are 2 completely different buffs so they should be able to stack.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaziscate For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Hmm , the mage ones are useless , except clock and shield.... Curse reducing crit is like nerfing it self. We want rogs to crit while under curse , so they will take back more damage . Gale might be good for just some of the left over take users out there , tough nekro shields come in place , making it useless. And lightning : 1% damage per one point ? Seriously ?

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

[QUOTE=eugene9707;2421234]Actually... clock mastery freezes the mob for entirety (until you reset it, kill it, or unfreeze it by bug)....
    I was having fun with a friend in nordar elite, with ~8 to 9 "frozen mobs" by the clock mastery. We staid in the map for like 30 min+, without gear (she wanted to take screen shots), and the mobs stay frozen for the entire time.

Then its even more useless.. if u cannot kill em?? But not tested, so i should shut up lol.. the wind mastery pretty nice though, never used shield, but use necro 95% of the time, still beeing stunned by mages in planar with necro, didnt with wind mastery... had to move alott more from red zones now due to loosing str and armor when taking wind mastery though (said before lol).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Regarding Curse, if you Take low Damage , Your Skill's Output damage will be Reduced too, Already the curse Skill offers Damage Reduction Upgrade( Reduces the Target's Output damage by 10%) which will also lower the Damage the Opponent takes , it's like a Trade-off , I've Tested it already:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoardseeker View Post
    My testing: (Damage Reflected)
    Elite Wrath jaw Mob: (Main Skill Only)
    1) 255
    2) 254
    3) 255

Then,(Sub-Upgrade , Words of Weakening)
    1) 226
    2) 227
    2 )224

Indeed, for me it seems to be useless
    Last edited by Hoardseeker; 03-20-2016 at 06:30 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaziscate View Post
    They are 2 completely different buffs so they should be able to stack.
    No they're not. Buffs to damage reduction and buffs to armor are both..well.. buffs to armor. And buffs to the same stat don't stack.