Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: State of the Game: Producer's Letter April 2016

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts

Thank you for listening to the players and taking the time to make changes. This has become my favorite game and I am excited it continues to improve. I spend real money on the game and the effort you have put into it is appreciated.

As a player I feal like the repetitive questions and negativity is embarrassing. They do not speak for me or most of my in game friends. You at least addressed all the major suggestions and it looks like you are working on the issues with the highest priority first. If inventory management is the only thing people can complain about you are doing a great job.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to capeo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    Respectfully, i disagree with that. Everyone ive talked to agrees with me. Sure, you can release new gear, you can change how things are looted, you can improve loot tables and give rewards, but the fun of the game isnt in getting things, its in the journey you take to get them.

People who dont farm for hours on end to get something aren't "lazy" as many players deem them as. They're just bored and dont have enough desire to do it. This is a game, not a full-time job. It shouldnt feel like work for people to keep up, but it does. AL's gameplay is too simple and has not changed in the past 3 and a half years, its like repeatedly going in and killing everything in Hyrule Castle in the original Legend of Zelda 5 hours a day for 3 years straight. How long would you last?

I do somewhat agree that there should always be something to look for and expand on. But gameplay should also always be refreshed with new and invigorating features every once in a while to keep the game playing new and keep the old players happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by capeo View Post
    Thank you for listening to the players and taking the time to make changes. This has become my favorite game and I am excited it continues to improve. I spend real money on the game and the effort you have put into it is appreciated.

As a player I feal like the repetitive questions and negativity is embarrassing. They do not speak for me or most of my in game friends. You at least addressed all the major suggestions and it looks like you are working on the issues with the highest priority first. If inventory management is the only thing people can complain about you are doing a great job.
    Well said. Sts is doing a great job and the proposed changes are fantastic!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thekragle For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Nice to see some positive feedback for the steps s.t.s . takes to keep players happy.
    I've played many many games,and have yet to see forums where devs and g.m. converse in forums to get advice from the players to make sure game play is desirable.

I personally spend money from time to time to support s.t.s. and to of course help myself.
    Good job keep up the good work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tomsawer For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Having had more time to think about this list of proposed changes, I have the following things to say (added in bold):

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Original and Better Looking Stuff:

A large request is for less recolors, so we’re bringing back some of the old art team to help crank out more new and unique items for you. Expect to see this starting as soon as our next push later this week.

I think this is a great idea. Some of the old vanities and armor set look classier than a few of the new ones; less flashy and without much in the way of particle effects, but with clean lines and tasteful color combos. I hope to see no more recolors of the Infectious set or the rogue pumpkin vanity armor with the thigh boots that make us look fat. Also, much less horns on the helms in future please.

Game Balance:

We’re also planning on making some changes that make it easier for Warriors to hold aggro. More on this as it develops.

This is interesting especially since I believe tanking should be more about skills than gear, and warriors should not have to rely on the Aegis (or any piece of gear for that matter; I remember the Architect sword proc) for perfect, tight aggro control. I hope the tweaks will be made either on the skills side or in the way mobs/boss respond to taunt.

Party System:

We’re making some loot changes that will increase gold and pot drops for full parties. More as this develops.

This is interesting. But instead of pots, would it be possible to make it so that a 3-class party loot more or better than single class party? For example, a 3-class party can loot more Glintstone coins in the Underhuls than all-rogue/mage/warrior party. I understand you might be concerned about the economic impact of such a system. But pots isn't that attractive an incentive. Maybe it is on lower level maps, to help starting out players progress without worrying overmuch about pots. But at endgame level, I think there should be a slightly better reward for a full 3-class party.

I actually prefer it if a 3-class party makes for enemy HP/armor adjustment, or a party buff (for example random 5-10% crit/dmg/armor/speed on entering map with the party). This would help make runs go faster and safer, without potentially risking the economy. But is this feasible within the framework of AL programming?

Scaling Elites:

One of the systems we are talking about is a Boss Bounty system, that will randomly roll up a series of bosses to kill, with appropriate rewards. More on this as it develops.

This is very exciting news. However, if there is one thing I would like to see with the boss bounty system it's having it tied to an overarching storyline. Bosses have become mere numbers in our farming grind. Maybe add a backstory behind each bounty or reveal some hitherto unknown facet of the boss while the bounty is rewarded, to remind us why they are bad news and have to be exterminated. This isn't crucial, but it would make a nice addition. AL storyline has wandered down some very strange paths lately with disco dancing baddie, geenies and mecha-boss.

Bottom line is that we are committed to reinvigorating this game. Expect to see many things happening very quickly, starting with later this week. We really appreciate the open dialog we have with you and look forward to your thoughts on these things, as well as other things you would like to see.

Everything looks great at this point. What's important now is the delivery. It would be nice to have a rough timetable on when certain development can be expected to take place.

I think you have a challenging time ahead of you. There will be skeptics and critics down the road and you have to work hard to reclaim the trust of the community and their faith in your ability to make the game fun and exciting again. But I think for the most part the criticism comes from love of this game from people who have poured so much into it and gained from it. So please continue this discussion as the development goes under way. I have been impressed with the prompt actions and responses made recently: investigating widespread disconnects, hotfixes and bug squashing etc. More of these, please, along with better responsiveness and transparency when we ask if certain things have been nerfed/buffed.

Thank you.
    Last edited by ilhanna; 04-20-2016 at 12:21 AM.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ilhanna For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Nice nice! Very fast and promising reaction to the recent grievances of the players.
    Also I have to commend on the activity of JustG in this thread. This is something we have wished for for a long time. Please do keep it up

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

You cant speak on behalf of a whole community. Besides, you seem to have forgotten this is a game. Sure, go and get those things. Get as much gold as you can. How fun would the game be if you had everything? I'm eager to see how successful this game is a year from now
    Farming new things is what we need, new loot tables enabling us to farm for our coveted items, id like to be able to farm anything to work towards that fort fury set. I dont need new storylines or any of what you mentioned before this is fixed. Your telling thekragle he cant speak for the whole community while you indirectly suggest that you yourself can, by saying all of your friends had the same opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

such a beautifull word. thanks sts for looking to improve the game we love. thanks a lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Just an opinion

-Give a shield to other classes is unacceptable thing, this make a mage not special anymore. Mage speciality is AOE stun and have stun imunity through arcane shield, and now?

-Did u notice that rogue pack in low lvl OP? Rogue heal type is fill and regen and it will fill their health from 1% to 100% (with specific upgrade) no matter what. Different from mage or warrior that depend on Int or Str.

-Pet system, pet is everything right now. Theres Common-Arcane pet, one thing that I want to ask you, Why do you still releasing epic or legendary pet when the arcane pet is the most desirable?

-Weapon/Armor/Ring/Amulet etc., you released them in some type like potency,assault,brutality and etc., but what is the point for making that many type if peoples only like to use 1 the best type? example ancient druid helm of potency vs. ancient druid helm of security.

-The class speciality, for example: how the dagger user can shot arrows? that hilarious.

-The item price, to control the game economy. You should make the item fixed price in AUCTION

-CTF game isnt CTF like it was designed for, peoples only kill the others without try to scoring the flag.

-PvP gang XD, Well just take off that blue or red team, Make a pvp zone wider and make peoples kill each other (Solo play).
    D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

My comments in bold below.

Respectfully, i disagree with that. Everyone ive talked to agrees with me.

There is always a danger in assuming that you speak on behalf of the majority.

Sure, you can release new gear, you can change how things are looted, you can improve loot tables and give rewards, but the fun of the game isnt in getting things, its in the journey you take to get them.

This I agree with. I've played for almost three years and the very best part of that time was in the beginning. The game held endless fascination then because there were a lot of new things to discover. I remember meeting a warrior on the Dragon Jewels, a total stranger, but we struck up a conversation on where to find the Elusive Four then went on to do a lot of (unfortunately fruitless) runs. I remember running Kraken Isles and Nordr nonstop for hours with a group of newfound friends, looking for elite Bael and Krunch, cracking jokes and looting lockeds. I remember farming for my own Malison without luck; yelling "Malison come to mama!" in desperation before every boss kill. I remember Kalizzaa showing me how elite Tarewa could be done in under 8 minutes at level 41 without parking. Those times when everything was new and fresh and you were learning as you go along, making discovery, were the best.

This is a game, not a full-time job. It shouldnt feel like work for people to keep up, but it does. AL's gameplay is too simple and has not changed in the past 3 and a half years, its like repeatedly going in and killing everything in Hyrule Castle in the original Legend of Zelda 5 hours a day for 3 years straight. How long would you last?

Again, here's why it's unwise to assume. People farm for a variety of reasons. They may have a goal in mind, a pet or a piece of gear that will allow them to be just a little bit more competitive. They may farm to fund guild events so their guildmates can have more fun in game. They may farm because they like to do it: mindlessly killing mobs after a stressful day at work can serve as an outlet, at least for me. They may do it to challenge themselves. So yeah it looks like you're doing the same thing over and over, but it's not really, because you have different motives every time.

As to gameplay, I've tried other RPG games. And yes some of their gameplays have more oomph, more sophisticated and dramatic. But they ultimately require me to grind too to get some progress. And I never have as much reason to do it there as I do in AL so in the end even the flashy gameplays couldn't make me go on. I'm not saying AL gameplay is perfect. Just that it's the least of my problem with this game.

I do somewhat agree that there should always be something to look for and expand on. But gameplay should also always be refreshed with new and invigorating features every once in a while to keep the game playing new and keep the old players happy.

The old players are the hardest to keep happy. Like I said earlier, the beginning is always the best and I think, speaking for myself, we would always be comparing the present with that honeymoon period and find the present wanting. It takes more to make me enjoy the game now than it did back in 2013. But I have to agree with Justg on this point, gameplay isn't the most pernicious problem now. For me now it's the lack of goal to aim for, lack of perceived progress, and the repetitiveness of events and items.
    ...you seem to have forgotten this is a game. Sure, go and get those things. Get as much gold as you can. How fun would the game be if you had everything?

Just to illustrate a point.

One of my obsessions at cap 41 was elite egg cracking achievement and the title The Great Defiler that comes with it. I had no mythic weapon. No arcane pet. But I lusted after that achievement so badly I would do anything to get it. But I wasn't rich; I've never been rich in the almost three years I've been in game. I think the most money I've had was a little over 5 million and then I used it to fund guild events. And I'm never a big time locked popper.

So... The elite egg cracking. Try 1: fail. I went on to try get my level 36 mythic set and legendary bow perfect. Try 2: fail. I scraped together enough money to buy Gyrm and Shadowlurk and went on to cap them. Try 3: fail. I farmed hard so I could buy myself an archon ring, because the arcane ring was way beyond my means. Meanwhile my guildmates were working on improving their gear as well and they farmed even harder than me. Try 4. We packed our dmg lix and ankhs (that had taken some farming to acquire as well) and went to elite Wilds. And this time we made it.

This is the biggest reason I've stayed despite everything. A goal to score and friends to get me there.

I'm eager to see how successful this game is a year from now

So am I.
    tl;dr I know. And believe me I'm not above taking STS to pieces over decisions I think are detrimental to the game. But this time, they have my support on this list of changes and I hope they do deliver.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ilhanna For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

New reason to play AL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Default My Response

Dear Spacetime,
    I'm really glad that there is innovation being put back into the game! Something I would like to see stat-wise is to see some more of the untouched stats be incorperated into the future gear without altering the power curve. We sure need some more gear that can provide unique things like health/mana regen,bonus damage,and maybe see gear that provides movement speed.One more thing about armor: bring back the lesser used things from armor like the versatility armor. I only seen em used for Tarlok and Hellish armor and I want to see more of the "Versatility" armor. Also another thing that want to see is the "invisible" stats not be so invisible anymore. I want to know exactly what my health and mana regen are since it never is really specified nor displayed and can cause some confusion. Also maybe a movement speed stat display would be nice too . I can't wait for the mass-liquidation as well because it litterally takes me 5 minutes just to clear my 500-slot inventory. Speaking of slots,any news on upgrading crafting slots? My oppinion for PvE is to make it so that when normal mobs crit,they don't one hit players as often so maybe reduce the crit multiplier on normal enemies so that their crits are more survivable rather than be cheap luck for death. Anyways I am really looking forward to the changes that will be distributed as the week progresses.

With all positivity, happiness,the hope of sunshines,lolipops,rainbows,magic,potatoes,chocola te milk, Doritos,Mountain Dew,and everything else that is MLG,and the best of luck,
    Kaziscate A.K.A Potatomilk the Potato God
    Last edited by Kaziscate; 04-20-2016 at 02:30 AM. Reason: Rephrasing a few things

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaziscate For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Niceeeee!!!

Sent from my SM-J500G using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oezheasate View Post
    Your telling thekragle he cant speak for the whole community while you indirectly suggest that you yourself can, by saying all of your friends had the same opinion.
    If you'd have actually read the comments, i said "everyone ive talked to" which refers to everyone i associate with, and he says "everyone on forums" which is speaking for a whole community. Last i checked, im on the forums, yet i disagree.

Besides, people are too brainwashed to know any different than what's actually going on. Sure, let new gear be released, but how is that any different from when planar stuff was released? Participation in this game is very poor, because the primitive gameplay outlives anything new, and i refuse to sacrifice my sanity to play the same game for more than 3 years simply to obtain the new gear and still be completely bored.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Actually, almost all mmorpgs tend to be repetitive. Some people dont mind it and just enjoy running with friends,expecially with the afrorementioned upcoming changes. Is just a matter of tastes..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

It's moments like this that remind me why AL is the only mobile game that I've been playing for several years now. This list sounds very exciting and it's great to see that some of those changes are actually in the very near future.

Thank you for all your efforts, I'm very hopeful and can't wait to see where we'll end up with all of this!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Respectfully, i disagree with that. Everyone ive talked to agrees with me. Sure, you can release new gear, you can change how things are looted, you can improve loot tables and give rewards, but the fun of the game isnt in getting things, its in the journey you take to get them.

People who dont farm for hours on end to get something aren't "lazy" as many players deem them as. They're just bored and dont have enough desire to do it. This is a game, not a full-time job. It shouldnt feel like work for people to keep up, but it does. AL's gameplay is too simple and has not changed in the past 3 and a half years, its like repeatedly going in and killing everything in Hyrule Castle in the original Legend of Zelda 5 hours a day for 3 years straight. How long would you last?

If you'd have actually read the comments, i said "everyone ive talked to" which refers to everyone i associate with, and he says "everyone on forums" which is speaking for a whole community. Last i checked, im on the forums, yet i disagree.

Besides, people are too brainwashed to know any different than what's actually going on. Sure, let new gear be released, but how is that any different from when planar stuff was released? Participation in this game is very poor, because the primitive gameplay outlives anything new, and i refuse to sacrifice my sanity to play the same game for more than 3 years simply to obtain the new gear and still be completely bored.
    I didnt mean to sound like I speak for the community, I said MOST topics and comments on the forums and my friends who play seem to want the changes justG is implementing as the first and foremost changes. This game is by no means boring! Sts for the win!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Gary, I have this feeling like coming to the HQ with like 20 boxes of pizza, 2 gallons of soda, 3-4 giant cakes and confettis and trumpets and drums just to show how much I am happy about all this xD

If this is going to happen, heil yeah!!!!!!

BECAUSE I'M LOCO!

Do I really need to sign this?
    * ´ ¨ )
    .¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.• Dragnab

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonclaws View Post
    Gary, I have this feeling like coming to the HQ with like 20 boxes of pizza, 2 gallons of soda, 3-4 giant cakes and confettis and trumpets and drums just to show how much I am happy about all this xD

If this is going to happen, heil yeah!!!!!!

BECAUSE I'M LOCO!

Do I really need to sign this?
    * ´ ¨ )
    .¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.• Dragnab
    can't wait also yeah ))
    Xurux ~ Ommron ~ Cryom

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

+1 Don't accidentally remove pet resummon ROFL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

All of the changes being made were brought up by the community. I don't know how you can be discouraged by the new community-oriented direction sts is taking. It seems to me that you, a player on his third "retirement," are trying to burn bridges because you are incapable of moving on from the game on your own. At some point, you just have to let it go, man.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Edward Coug For This Useful Post: