Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Mage mana too low...needs buff please

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Default Mage mana too low...needs buff please

Just my opinion but mage should not be running out of mana when healing constantly. Warriors can use vb and fill up mana in 2 seconds but why mage can't keep mana 100%? Might as well make mage die automatically when mana goes to zero.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Yeah you might aswell remove the mana from the mage and let them spam their skills for no cost. (o-o)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Have you ever played as a rogue ? Because as a rogue myself, it's kinda funny to see a mage complain about mana shortage when I basically have to spam mana pots constantly in every goddamn map :P

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TheClaaaaaaaw For This Useful Post:

Att

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Sorry, I should have clarified. I'm talking about pvp. Mage runs out of mana and can't heal team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

If a mage can survive long enough to run out of mana, there's issue with mage...they're supposed to be squishy. That's not anywhere near the truth these days. If you're having this issue due to Korruption, get another mage to heal your mana and you do the same.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    If a mage can survive long enough to run out of mana, there's issue with mage...they're supposed to be squishy. That's not anywhere near the truth these days. If you're having this issue due to Korruption, get another mage to heal your mana and you do the same.
    That's my point. I'm running out f mana before I'm dying and I'm only using 2 attack skills. Mage should not be running out of mana, especially with only 2 attack skills.

I don't know about corruption. Never played against someone using it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Haunted ring , water jewels... Just joke
    For me its little funny. I played against many mages as rogue and they never ran out of mana even if vs was long o.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Binlaggin View Post
    That's my point. I'm running out f mana before I'm dying and I'm only using 2 attack skills. Mage should not be running out of mana, especially with only 2 attack skills.

I don't know about corruption. Never played against someone using it
    How much mana do you have, most mages I run with have 6k-8k mana ..

The thin line between entertainment and war
    There'll be no shelter here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

are you using arcane staff proc? the spell
    if yes that's the problem
    after 50% nerf heal in pvp
    Mages lose mana fast too
    hope they return it where it was before
    because we are mana class..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

I almost never run out of mana in PvP.... Unless you have 100% str build and 7k HP , you will surely die or kill your opponent (s) before even reaching to 40% . The last time I remember using heal recover my mana is when I was helping a friend kill trulle . EDIT : how much mana do you have? And are you using arcane staff proc? The proc eats up around 8% mana , and if you constantly use it along with other skills your mana will drain very fast .
    Last edited by Gouiwaa9000; 05-16-2016 at 08:35 AM.

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I have 8,000 mana, I charge my skills and I don't spam. I'm not running out in 2 seconds or anything like that. If my team wins the first exchange, during the second exchange with the other team, I will run out. If that's the case, what's the point of even Winning? I may as well commit suicide so I can regroup and help my team. This is happening in the new tdm map, which is smaller and fast pace.

People don't need to panic like I'm asking for a huge buff. Our mana was recently nerfed and I think it needs a revisit to make a slight adjustment

13.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

There should be a mana pickup in the new TDM for these circumstances
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    There should be a mana pickup in the new TDM for these circumstances
    Pesky rogues are always stealing those. Mage is slower than them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

I have a lvl50 smurf with around 6500 mana, and even when spamming skills, I drain mana very slowly, and even if I get near to running out of mana, 3-4 clicks on the mana potions will bring me back to near full.

If you're running out of mana that quickly, you may want to invest in some water jewels,
    either that, or I think you're smurf-ing wrong

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    I have a lvl50 smurf with around 6500 mana, and even when spamming skills, I drain mana very slowly, and even if I get near to running out of mana, 3-4 clicks on the mana potions will bring me back to near full.

If you're running out of mana that quickly, you may want to invest in some water jewels,
    either that, or I think you're smurf-ing wrong
    Wrong. I smurf-ing good and able to survive long enough where manais becoming an issue. Mage should have the ability to fill their own mana. I'm barely able to fill a rogue atm. I have 8000 mana so I don't need water jewels. I have 1200 damage, which is high enough to positively effect the amount of mana regained.

I also play tank. Are they now the ultimate healers, mana regen and best killers? This is a step in the wrong direction imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Wrong. I smurf-ing good and able to survive long enough where manais becoming an issue. Mage should have the ability to fill their own mana. I'm barely able to fill a rogue atm. I have 8000 mana so I don't need water jewels. I have 1200 damage, which is high enough to positively effect the amount of mana regained.

I also play tank. Are they now the ultimate healers, mana regen and best killers? This is a step in the wrong direction imo.
    dude chill out
    Mages have the add-on skill for heal which allows for healing mana as well as health, and there are pets who can add to the mana regen (kind of slow considering the amount of mana endgame smurfs have). Its your choice what you want to use. I used to have heal a while back, used to fill the warriors and rogue mana pools to near max each time they asked, but now I just don't use heal because why waste a skill slot when the potions are on the bottom of my screen?

and if you have 8000 mana and you're running out of mana faster than my 6500 mana mage,
    hold on, let me grab a calculator because this isn't adding up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    dude chill out
    Mages have the add-on skill for heal which allows for healing mana as well as health, and there are pets who can add to the mana regen (kind of slow considering the amount of mana endgame smurfs have). Its your choice what you want to use. I used to have heal a while back, used to fill the warriors and rogue mana pools to near max each time they asked, but now I just don't use heal because why waste a skill slot when the potions are on the bottom of my screen?

and if you have 8000 mana and you're running out of mana faster than my 6500 mana mage,
    hold on, let me grab a calculator because this isn't adding up.

Read above. I said pvp, not pve. Also you can't compare lvl 50 to lvl 56. We're using the same gear, which only gets respectively weaker at higher levels. 41 ring, 41 ammy, 46 armor and helm, etc.

It's not my game only. Everyone can give their opinion. I'm just sharing how this is affecting my game play on mage. It's not a huge deal but I feel that if a tank has the ability to fully restore mana with vb, then a mage should too. A tank can restore mana from 0% with vb. Mage can only go about 20% per heal. Seems really low.

If this is the new direction of the game, please replace mana over time with something else. Give mages armor buff upgrade or something that is mage-like

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Read above. I said pvp, not pve. Also you can't compare lvl 50 to lvl 56. We're using the same gear, which only gets respectively weaker at higher levels. 41 ring, 41 ammy, 46 armor and helm, etc.

It's not my game only. Everyone can give their opinion. I'm just sharing how this is affecting my game play on mage. It's not a huge deal but I feel that if a tank has the ability to fully restore mana with vb, then a mage should too. A tank can restore mana from 0% with vb. Mage can only go about 20% per heal. Seems really low.

If this is the new direction of the game, please replace mana over time with something else. Give mages armor buff upgrade or something that is mage-like
    Well you compared mage mana regeneration to a warriors.Now compare your maxed.you can see why it's easier to recover mp on tank than mage.

If mage gets more mana regeneration then that alteration would be global for pvp.Remember,mage are not the only class to need mana to survive.Just an opinion..

Then for some reason you decide you want armor over mana?so you would like to survive longer with no mana?

Your going to have to use fb mastery?idk man..gl.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Mage out of mana hahaha good joke

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Seriously? Rog 3 combo and were stuck with spamming normal and on pve just spam mana pots every 3 sec till map is over.