Thread: Bear Archers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Bear Archers

I'm quite new to PL since I obtained the iPad 2 on release day . I'm only level 14 as of right now and I have noticed in PvP (very few 3 on 3 arenas) that people run bear archers, A LOT. I'm not twinked out nor new to MMO's so I know how to play the class. It just appears to me that bear archers are the way to go? So help a a lil future full dex bird out

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Confused as to what bear archers mean, because there are two builds that are considered "bear archers."

1. Archers that wear bear equips (swords/shields) are called Warbirds. There are no recent guide on the functionality of Warbirds but basically they are archers that have enough STR to utilize equipment worn by bears. They have a lot of armor but they lack the skill damage than full DEX birds have. For the purpose of being fully functional for a party, an archer should try to go for the full DEX route. Look at Elly's guides to figure out how to create a Warbird (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ual-Spec-Guide. + http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Guide-%2855%29.)

2. Bears that wear archer equips (bows/talon&shield) are called Bow Bears. Elly has all info about bow bears here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Bow-Bear-Guide.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the terminology. I was referring to the bow bears ha.. When playing against one they seemed so efficient. What's your take on them.. Boom or bust?

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I specialize in archers, so you may want to PM Ellyidol on that or read up on that bow bear guide, since he is most knowledgable in that topic. Not sure about PvP but they are highly damaging and effective in PvE, at the expense of losing their tanking abilities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'll put it this way: If you're looking to win, go with a bow bear. If you're looking for fun and enjoyment and as an added bonus maybe a positive k/d, go with something more unique. I've seen amazing intArchers who could kill a bow bear if they knew what they were doing. Just hardly anyone uses them because it's very very difficult to create a good build at a low level (especially around 14). I, personally have a warbird who is level 25 with a k/d of 50-54 but i'm fine with it because i'm in it for the experience and fun, not to win. Completely up to you.
    You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need. ~Vernon Howard
    Announcing the Pocket Legend Fan Site!! Become Part of the Phenomenon!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Alrighty that sounds like a plan. I'm just looking for a comparison of a bow bear to a full dex bird, I guess I'll just have to observe the difference myself ha an conclude it from there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That makes sense.. I saw a int bird the other day and I thought it seemed retarded ha.. But I might take you up on that if it's taking down bow bears.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tweeters View Post
    That makes sense.. I saw a int bird the other day and I thought it seemed retarded ha.. But I might take you up on that if it's taking down bow bears.
    That was just an example of a unique build. Warbirds work well and intBears used to be good. Just experiment with things.
    You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need. ~Vernon Howard
    Announcing the Pocket Legend Fan Site!! Become Part of the Phenomenon!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ehh I find it hard to experiment with total ignorance to skills and how stats affect classes..but hey everyone's a noob at some point... Then unique thing about this game is classes can be effective with the skills they have but use the stats of another class and I find that very odd.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nothing>Bowbear>everything.
    Full dex archer=nothing
    Everything=Everything.

It's chemistry. Never doubt or fight chemistry. actually...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightarcher View Post
    I love all your ideas. +1
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    this is a great idea. +3 forum points.
    Quote Originally Posted by giayuan View Post
    This is awesome idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by nazgulking View Post
    +10 win points to you!