Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: [Design Blog] On Balance - Adjusting items not working as intended

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

All we see is reducing damage in post. What combination compensates it back ? Please can anyone help us understanding this with details for PVP and PVE. All my Arcane pets are on rogue. Lol
    Last edited by BabVna; 07-14-2016 at 05:18 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Cmon if you're talking about stuff that doesn't work as intended then for example Arcane amulet? it been said in forums for a while that it can stun pets, since when can pets be stunned?

you're proably trying to fix this issue but not all players are P2P, not all are going to buy houses just for 10 damage which is nothing compared to what they lost from aim nerf, rogues didnt have a spot in PVP they been treated like a useless class for months (Probably since 46) but some uses a professional rogue in clash only one though if she can survive and deal high damage, with this nerf i doubt a rogue will get a slot now in clashes lol, mages can hit as high as rogues with their lightning crit and they are not supposed to deal that high damage, ever seen a arcane gun charged auto attack? does 20-30% on a tank without even crit.
    Last edited by intrepd; 07-14-2016 at 05:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Me as mage in pvp, one aimshot can bring my mage down to 30-50% hp on mage shield, i believe this is bringing balance in 1v1 situations

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

I get the intention now i guess, to make rogues cosnistent dps other than huge floating damage on aim its gonna eliminate bruizer factor but seems reasonable just fix the pvp factor of it and everyone will be happy

I trust you guys you can figure out

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Names trigg View Post
    Me as mage in pvp, one aimshot can bring my mage down to 30-50% hp on mage shield, i believe this is bringing balance in 1v1 situations
    You're probably undergeared compared to that rogue, a maxed mage can take down a rogue, they are not even needed in clash and getting nerfed? rogues are suppose to be the best class deal damage to 1 target while mages are multiple targets, so whats wrong with that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Ive yet to logged on and do test on low lvl hopefully thr change isnt too drastic, at the meantime ill observe post and not rage quit on forum
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #87
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by intrepd View Post
    Cmon if you're talking about stuff that doesn't work as intended then for example Arcane amulet? it been said in forums for a while that it can stun pets, since when can pets be stunned?
    The Arcane Amulet stunning pets was fixed as of today's patch actually! You're correct it wasn't working as intended so we fixed it
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

8. The Following User Says Thank You to VROOMIGoRealFast For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    The Arcane Amulet stunning pets was fixed as of today's patch actually! You're correct it wasn't working as intended so we fixed it
    How about Korruption is it working as it is intending? like removing Juggernaut which is the best skill to survive for tank and it takes 40 sec cooldown which is also the longest cd? and doesnt light hit as hard as aimshot if theyre both crit?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I appreciate the fix that are broken. Thank you.

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #90
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by epicrrr View Post
    Ive yet to logged on and do test on low lvl hopefully thr change isnt too drastic, at the meantime ill observe post and not rage quit on forum
    Thanks! Let us know how it feels for you.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #91
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Visiting View Post
    What exactly constitutes as "high end"? And why is the data being balanced based on a small minority when it affects the whole of rogues so heavily? Also, I believe somewhere it was said that aimed would have a damage cap? Does that mean it will a have damage minimum as well?
    I can assure you the data isn't being balanced based on a small minority. I'm using real player data to give examples of the impact of the changes. I'll be creating a post showing how some example players will see their damage numbers changing between the old Aimed Shot and the new Aimed Shot.

You all see things as your STR, INT, DEX, and DMG values but everything for me is in formulas I use to balance. That's what I'm doing all calculations based off of to make sure the average damage of Aimed Shot stays the same.

I'm actively working on this right now and I plan to have the ability adjusted for next week's push.
    | | | |

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #92
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by intrepd View Post
    How about Korruption is it working as it is intending? like removing Juggernaut which is the best skill to survive for tank and it takes 40 sec cooldown which is also the longest cd? and doesnt light hit as hard as aimshot if theyre both crit?
    That's next on the list. Class Balance comes before Pets
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

hmm aim max dmg reduced and made close to low end problem occurs in;

you forgot there was 2.2k to 5k ish floating dmg opn skill damage and average of it is 3k, so the min damage should start at 3 not old value otherwise you reduce the average of floating dmg therefor the aimshot damage

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

I can assure you the data isn't being balanced based on a small minority. I'm using real player data to give examples of the impact of the changes. I'll be creating a post showing how some example players will see their damage numbers changing between the old Aimed Shot and the new Aimed Shot.

You all see things as your STR, INT, DEX, and DMG values but everything for me is in formulas I use to balance. That's what I'm doing all calculations based off of to make sure the average damage of Aimed Shot stays the same.

I'm actively working on this right now and I plan to have the ability adjusted for next week's push.
    Im so sorry but i did not really understand what that meant lol, does that mean that rogues are going to be shooting less damage in aim? because they are already useless right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Hey all.

Speaking with Carapace about the performance of Rogues and Aimed Shot, this is the path we're taking. All analysis is going on right now, I gathered stats from high end Rogues in game to use as examples. The previous combination that resulted in really spiky damage for Aimed Shot will be adjusted so that the High and Low aren't so drastically far apart. All other combinations of Aimed Shot will be buffed to be in line with this combination so there won't be the disparity.

I'll be more transparent about this after the analysis is complete and will show the stats gathered for players as well as how damage would be affected (without any player names).

Thanks for the feedback and considerations everyone!
    -STSVroom
    If I understood correctly the aimed shot is being adjusted because:

1. A combination of upgrades in Aimed Shot results in high damage.
    2. Rogues are glass cannons.

ALL ROGUES (starting from lowest level twinks to endgame rogues with any sense) have only 1 combination - they upgrade 5/5 in AimedShot. Only inexperienced rogues take a few AS upgrades and leave out the rest to take traps and shadowstorm. (It is ShadowStorm that needs the "fix" not AimedShot. Why was this not adjusted instead of nerfing AS) . So if all rogues take 4/5 or 5/5 and it is only the ignorant rogues who are missing out on the damage and they can follow build-guides to educate themselves about it then where was the problem? I cant understand.

Rogues are glass cannons yes and rogues are threats to their own class so then please make this new aimed shot change affect only rogues. With other classes we will be useless if this aimedshot change applies to all classes. And there is no way we can cope with it. No adjustment can make up for it no matter what you say.

You all nerfed rogue armor with the consolation that rogues will be single-target damage dealing glass cannons. Now sudden taking away of our damage is going back on your word.
    Last edited by Zynzyn; 07-14-2016 at 05:47 PM.

17.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #96
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ireliaa View Post
    hmm aim max dmg reduced and made close to low end problem occurs in;

you forgot there was 2.2k to 5k ish floating dmg opn skill damage and average of it is 3k, so the min damage should start at 3 not old value otherwise you reduce the average of floating dmg therefor the aimshot damage
    You're correct, the minimum damage of Aimed Shot will be increasing.
    | | | |

18.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #97
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zynzyn View Post
    If I understood correctly the aimed shot is being adjusted because:

1. A combination of upgrades in Aimed Shot results in high damage.
    2. Rogues are glass cannons.

ALL ROGUES (starting from lowest level twinks to endgame rogues with any sense) have only 1 combination - they upgrade 5/5 in AimedShot. Only inexperienced rogues take a few AS upgrades and leave out the rest to take traps and shadowstorm. (It is ShadowStorm that needs the "fix" not AimedShot. Why was this not adjusted instead of nerfing AS) . So if all rogues take 4/5 or 5/5 and it is only the ignorant rogues who are missing out on the damage and they can follow build-guides to educate themselves about it then where was the problem? I cant understand.

Rogues are glass cannons yes and rogues are threats to their own class so then please make this new aimed shot change affect only rogues. With other classes we will be useless if this aimedshot change applies to all classes. And there is no way we can cope with it. No adjustment can make up for it no matter what you say.

You all nerfed rogue armor with the consolation that rogues will be single-target damage dealing glass cannons. Now sudden taking away of our damage is going back on your word.
    No PvP implications had any affect on this fix. I think I was misunderstood when I said "This affects Rogues". I meant that Aimed Shot being broken only hurt the Rogues who were using Aimed Shot. Their skill wasn't working the way it's supposed to.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Experience has taught me never to buy a newly released weapon no matter how much I like it, because chances are it is going to be nerfed.
    So i waited and waited and decided yesterday that it was safe to buy a hexstone staff.
    Silly me.
    I have no intention to insist that the staff is as it should be but I would really like to know how long I should wait next time before I buy something so that what I pay for, is actually what I will have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

No PvP implications had any affect on this fix. I think I was misunderstood when I said "This affects Rogues". I meant that Aimed Shot being broken only hurt the Rogues who were using Aimed Shot. Their skill wasn't working the way it's supposed to.
    With this change will there be any adjustments to the somewhat recent PVP damage nerf? As I'm sure the numbers used to make the decisions were based around the pre nerf AS, which I'm fairly sure that every competent rogue uses.
    Last edited by Visiting; 07-14-2016 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Typos, typos never change
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Visiting View Post
    With this change will there be any adjustments to the somewhat recent PVP damage nerf? As I'm sure the numbers used to make the decisions were based around the pre nerf AS, which I'm fairly sure that every compent rogue uses.
    I like your mind, always a smart potato. +1 to this, Ral is absolutely correct.
    ORIGINAL ART BY CARLOS ORTEGA ELIZALDE
    46 R/W/M | <E N I G M A T I C> | CARROTS