Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Pvp Event!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Kalielle, regarding what u post I have to say:
    Firstly: did I remind u guys again after again that screenshot must be send in by deadline??
    Secondly: I also did say that if ur team is present and ur opponent is missing in action.. U also hav to send in ur screenshot to proof that u guys are there?

But non of them was sended.. So u guys blamin me? Becos u guys didn't follow the rules???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

When a contest is organized this badly, I feel that insisting that a rule that is a technicality be followed when there was a very reasonable case for making an exception is not the coolest thing in the world.

Both Smokester and me and many others felt that this format where we all have to arrange fight times made no sense, but we went along with it and never said anything on forums to complain. And it's what caused all the problems in the first place. Smoke basically did all the work contacting the other team and asking Range for clarification on the deadline (which took several posts/messages because it wasn't explained well in the original post), and he stayed up late to wait for some no-shows, and now the team is disqualified because he didn't remember to also take a screenshot in the middle of the night, when there's not even anything to prove with the screenshot since the other team admitted on forum that they didn't show up.

I really don't care about the contest (and Smoke too already told me days ago he's fed up with it). It's the principle of the thing. We wasted so much time trying to work with disorganized mess and now we are basically being called cheaters because Smoke forgot to take a screenshot at 2am that wouldn't have proved anything. Since we cut the contest plenty of slack, it would have been nice to get some in return.
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kalielle View Post
    When a contest is organized this badly, I feel that insisting that a rule that is a technicality be followed when there was a very reasonable case for making an exception is not the coolest thing in the world.

Both Smokester and me and many others felt that this format where we all have to arrange fight times made no sense, but we went along with it and never said anything on forums to complain. And it's what caused all the problems in the first place. Smoke basically did all the work contacting the other team and asking Range for clarification on the deadline (which took several posts/messages because it wasn't explained well in the original post), and he stayed up late to wait for some no-shows, and now the team is disqualified because he didn't remember to also take a screenshot in the middle of the night, when there's not even anything to prove with the screenshot since the other team admitted on forum that they didn't show up.

I really don't care about the contest (and Smoke too already told me days ago he's fed up with it). It's the principle of the thing. We wasted so much time trying to work with disorganized mess and now we are basically being called cheaters because Smoke forgot to take a screenshot at 2am that wouldn't have proved anything. Since we cut the contest plenty of slack, it would have been nice to get some in return.
    All of this is true. Christina, if my word goes for anything. Everything that they have said is true. I was a witness.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Well I guess that's life; no matter how right you think you are, forgetting to read the fine print can getcha. Even if we do have 7 people's word on what happened, there was no solid proof and I respect Christina's right to disqualify out of fairness to the other teams who took screenshots.

I haven't parcitipated in any pvp contest yet, but I'm sure there will be plenty more in the future. Best wishes to all promoted players!
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I see so u blame me for organizing a bad event.. I guess I shall call off my event and save up the gold for myself instead of organizing such event and given my gold to ppl that always complain abt anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel View Post
    All of this is true. Christina, if my word goes for anything. Everything that they have said is true. I was a witness.
    I don get wat u mean parth

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Christina View Post
    I see so u blame me for organizing a bad event.. I guess I shall call off my event and save up the gold for myself instead of organizing such event and given my gold to ppl that always complain abt anything..
    U spent time to get the gold why not spend extra time organizing?
    Mains: Dahood lvl55 Archer/Lvl11 Operative/Prest lvl36 Tank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Please keep in mind, this is not her fault. She did a good effort to keep the tourney organized. That requires the player's to be organized as well. Select players who are unorganized ruin the experience. So Kalliele, I respectfully disagree with that :/. If you notice, she had clear rules of what to do. Yes, while I was a witness, her rules, since it is her contest. The contest can only be as organized as the weakest player link. So, if you are looking for anybody to blame for the disorganization of this tourney, it is the player's that are unable to meet on the scheduled time. Even then, they may have stuff going on in real life, so they may not have the time to attend to PL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prest87 View Post
    That's not very good logic. The rules look so simple. The only thing that can be reconsidered is probably the deadline.

I don get wat u mean parth
    Parth is saying he was there so he can testify. And one thing I should have mentioned before you started this. Android phones do not come with a screenshot ability. We have to hack our phones and then download an app. Then we have to open it, turn it on, and then get back on PL in time for it to snapshot. So it would be extremely inconvenient for a team with 3 Android phones, all not hacked.

Well, that's just a side case.

Will the tournament deadline be extended?
    Last edited by Junside; 04-10-2011 at 08:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Please keep in mind, this is not her fault. She did a good effort to keep the tourney organized. That requires the player's to be organized as well. Select players who are unorganized ruin the experience. So Kalliele, I respectfully disagree with that :/. If you notice, she had clear rules of what to do. Yes, while I was a witness, her rules, since it is her contest. The contest can only be as organized as the weakest player link. So, if you are looking for anybody to blame for the disorganization of this tourney, it is the player's that are unable to meet on the scheduled time. Even then, they may have stuff going on in real life, so they may not have the time to attend to PL.
    Ya this is true which is why there should be more than 1 date to fight
    Mains: Dahood lvl55 Archer/Lvl11 Operative/Prest lvl36 Tank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

She did organize it, it is not her fault from this point. She clearly provided the rules, deadline, tourney match, pasted results on thread. It is up to ALL the player's to provide commitment as well. I understand many player's have, but there are those select few that don't. The only way to avoid that IMO is to not allow them to participate unless they are able to take the commitment seriously, thus making for a more organized contest.

EDIT: She gave a few days for the first match to find your opponent. People seemed to wait till the last day to complete it though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If u guys are so pissed off with this event.. I don see a point we shall carry on any further.. I thought it will turn out beta but becos of the complains I receive I see no point of gettin any further.. I could jus buy myself a fury sword with what I farmed in ao2, but I took out my own gold and forget abt gettin my full fury to build up this event.. And yet ppl don appreciate my effort.. Well done ppl!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

If u guys are so pissed off with this event.. I don see a point we shall carry on any further.. I thought it will turn out beta but becos of the complains I receive I see no point of gettin any further.. I could jus buy myself a fury sword with what I farmed in ao2, but I took out my own gold and forget abt gettin my full fury to build up this event.. And yet ppl don appreciate my effort.. Well done ppl!
    Christina, please, continue with the contest . Keep to your rules, don't bend them. Bending them will cause disorganization. Regardless if people complain, rules are rules.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

I'm not complaining

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

So easily offended. -_- My comment went right over her head.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Hmmm. Christina, I don't think any of us (except Prest) are blaming you. It just seems like we are because as you are the coordinator, we bring our complaints about the other teams to you. We may not like the verdict, but you set up a legitamate contest and are following through with the management. You've put a nice chunk of work into this; Kudos to you!
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

So, the rule about sending a screenshot if the other team is NOT there is never mentioned in the original post. (In fact, it took a long while for that post to even be updated to explain the even more essential rule that the listed "round times" are actually deadlines and not match times.)

There are about 70 pages in this thread, and scattered in them are several rules which were added later, and yet the original post was either never updated with them, or only updated days after the posts, so that anyone wishing to know the rules would have had to read through the entire thread. So yes, my teammates are indeed guilty of not reading the fine print - all 70 pages of it, with new rules added almost every day this past week. Clearly everything was perfectly laid out and we are just incapable of following simple rules.

As for the gold, if I had know the hassle this would be, I would not have signed up for it - gold or no gold.
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

At the end of every match, Both teams have to take a screenshot of the gaming point and send it to this tread as a proof to determine the winner..

Quoted.

Although, now that I think about it... You do have a point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

At the end of every match, Both teams have to take a screenshot of the gaming point and send it to this tread as a proof to determine the winner..
    Yes, that refers to games that did take place. I don't think it would cross anyone's mind just based on reading it that it requires a screenshot of a team sitting there waiting if the other team doesn't show.

Anyway, I'm tired and I'll shut up about the whole thing. Not sure why I got so worked up since I honestly don't care. Just wanted some acknowledgment for Smoke and Nightarcher for all their effort, instead of them getting the "abused the rules"* star next to their names, as if they were no better than the team that made them wait at 2am and didn't show.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Stop complaining please -_- u can't easily organize a event with such differences in time
    U have to follow the rules if u want to play the tournament so just do so
    All of this is quite manageable if u ask me . I am 9 hours ahead of every player in contest mostly and I still got 2 games done already so it's not that difficult. Christina I feel sorry for this bad feedback u receive it's fine please continue with the event