Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Sewers have become the Shadow caves as far as pink drops go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

drop rate is fine, low but ok. maps like cockroach ones can be cleared so fast, u can make so many tries in one hour...
    grinding to 56 and farming equip keeps ppl playing, if this werent so many ppl would stop playing since a while...
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like the current drop rate because it makes me want to play when I'm skiving, when I'm working, when I'm having my meals, when I'm in the toilet and when I'm sleeping...

Best of all, the sense of satisfaction after you get a pink drop that you want.
    Last edited by Genes; 04-11-2011 at 02:30 AM.

Senior Member MAGICAL POCKET LEGEND's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I never get pinks in sewers i havent even looted one!Except i looted a recipe thats all. ;(
    Current Active account: Okaberintarou and Xranmourix

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The only real problem prices are rediculous. If we could keep the same drop rate and lower prices than great. I am lvling 56 slowly. It gets really boring grinding. I have about 55k experience to go. I refuse to XP all day and night. Getting pink keeps you going long droughts make want to do something else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davidis57 View Post
    The only real problem prices are rediculous. If we could keep the same drop rate and lower prices than great. I am lvling 56 slowly. It gets really boring grinding. I have about 55k experience to go. I refuse to XP all day and night. Getting pink keeps you going long droughts make want to do something else.
    Prices will drop, eventually. Prices are still high and very slowly decreasing because there are still loads of players that still want to buy them. When those people are done, less and less people would be wanting the item, resulting in intense price competition. Supply and demand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

prices will sink in genrally in the future, global money is sinking fast by the whole amount of pots using.
    and many more....

On top of Snowpeak Mountain, tweaking stats
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Until last week I never got any pink drop in Sewers. Last week I got 6 lv 55 pink drops in two days:
    - 2x mega mage gemstone robe (within 4 runs of eachother after 7 runs)
    - 2x raid roach gemstone leather (within 1 run after 12 runs)
    - 1x mega mage gemstone cowl (after 10 runs)
    - 1x sewer queen robes (after 5 runs)
    Guess the game balances itself out eventually. On the other hand it was right after I gave about 40 pinks away to lower level players the week before. Guess it's true that when you give, eventually you receive!
    Last edited by Suntv; 04-11-2011 at 05:42 AM. Reason: typo's

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Saw 4 pinks yesterday, after about 2 weeks dry. Gemstone helm, sword, sewer plate, and raid helm (last one mine)
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Are you using big luck? Also make sure to swap to big love at the bandit queen it raises the chances of a good drop by roughly 50%.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I finally got my very first BS pink last night. Got the Sewer Kings Scarab Bow thingy or whatever its called. Only took till April d:

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Got 5 pinks from the sewers, all pretty close to each other. That's just the way luck happens.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Lol I've still only gotten one pink, and it was only a gemshard wand, and one other pink drop

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I think its all relative to how hard people hit farming. I was farming like a maniac for a good time and got about a total of 15 pink drops in BS. I don't farm as much anymore and am waiting for the anniversary party to start.
    Kindread - Lvl 56 Pink-Magnet ("Pink Taco!")
    Grendel - Level 25 Operative, Vicar - Noob Engineer, Emissary - Noob Commando

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by karmakali View Post
    Ebb and flow. Some days/weeks nothing. Some days 5 valuable pinks. Play for the fun of it, pot minimally and it is icing on the cake if we get pinks. It wouldn't be fun if it was the rule instead of the exception!

Practice good karma.....get good karma
    That's the exact frame of mind I have when I go into the game. If I were to play it simply to farm pinks, the anticipation would leave me with disappointment and dejection when it doesn't happen. Why wouldn't I if pinks were the first and only thing on my mind? I see people running maps with yellow elixirs and then throwing profanities when it doesn't reroll, and especially if they die at the boss and losing everything.

If it happens, awesome. If it doesn't let's hope the next run will prove otherwise. I'm like karmakali: I play for the fun of it, gain XP, try to improve my K/D ratio, and if a pink drops, woot, if not, repeat.

Another way to put it is that I keep my expectations low. I've gone through dozens and dozens of games without a pink, and pink streaks that have embarrassed me and probably ticked off others. Law of Averages? Maybe, but keeping the anticipation low makes that next pink that much more worthwhile.
    Last edited by neko; 04-11-2011 at 11:52 AM.
    AL : Blewe | Corrvus | Urrsus
    PL : Anichelith | Corrvus | Urrsus | Rrhino
    Member of Average Joes and C.O.T.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neko View Post
    That's the exact frame of mind I have when I go into the game. If I were to play it simply to farm pinks, the anticipation would leave me with disappointment and dejection when it doesn't happen. Why wouldn't I if pinks were the first and only thing on my mind? I see people running maps with yellow elixirs and then throwing profanities when it doesn't reroll, and especially if they die at the boss and losing everything.

If it happens, awesome. If it doesn't let's hope the next run will prove otherwise. I'm like karmakali: I play for the fun of it, gain XP, try to improve my K/D ratio, and if a pink drops, woot, if not, repeat.

Another way to put it is that I keep my expectations low. I've gone through dozens and dozens of games without a pink, and pink streaks that have embarrassed me and probably ticked off others. Law of Averages? Maybe, but keeping the anticipation low makes that next pink that much more worthwhile.
    I don't know about the drop rates being nerfed. Every time I hit a dry spell I think the same thing. I didn't get anything but a Raid Cap this weekend and I was pretty bummed. But then I hear people on here say they go weeks without a pink. And Mits tells me he saw a good number of high value pink drops to others this weekend, so it is probably just my luck for the time being. I may be one of the luckiest people in the game since I rarely go longer than two days without one. I just don't know. Maybe it would be a better measure if checked hours of play between pinks, because I suspect I also play more than most. I'll give that a shot.

And Neko -- congrats on getting your second toon to 56 last night. Now you have to work on your bear. lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

i think i got ca. 15 total, but some was crap like dagger, recipe or battle swords...
    at least it was about 1500 boss runs or more..
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I was on a dry run too for about two weeks and then on this weekend I get two recipes and a FF armor in a few runs. Its just more luck than anything but perseverance wins all the time. I find it I get more pinks when I stick with one group of farming for at least one or two hours. And this weekend I saw 2 FF shields drop 1 MM bracer two MM robes and like 4 recipes including mine. And that is not counting and RR cap I got and a few sewer and MM cowls.

But I did get almost 30k exp this weekend using only 2x pots and that wasn't always so it was a long farming time.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i played 30 min and saw 2 in a row

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

until lvl 55 i didnt get single pink in bs, between 55-56 i got ~20 (10 of them in three days, including the whole sk set in 8 runs!) i was so excited and though my personal drop rate had to be bugged lol, but since then i only had 2-3 crappy pinks....
    What makes it look so unfair is the low chance... If u do 10k runs the amount of pinks you get will be pretty close to the estimated drop rate. If u do 100-1000 runs u might end up with 0-xx pinks, which seems unfair, but if u keep going, you will eventually get your share^^
    -Jinlac-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I've been running sewers for months now and I'm halfway to 56 but have only had 1 pink drop (sewer helm), and 1 recipe (custom gemstone leather). I think the drops are really unfair. I've got friends that are low 50's and get 2 or 3 pinks a night, and then today everyone died playing gold fever didn't respawn to help just watched while I beat him and a dead guy gets the pink. Now tell me there's not something wrong with that