Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Regarding New Names

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    Sorry STS, but this was a ridiculous move. A few months ago, I logged into my old Maple Story account, which had been set to inactive since I had not logged on in about 3 years. It was still good. Before that, it had been inactive for 2 years and that time, also still good. It is super rare for an RPG gaming company to actively change people's names, much less the names of active people. As I said, some of my names were taken minutes after I logged off those characters. I am sorry for feeling and stating this, but this was a ridiculous event.
    IMO, they should've limited the number of new characters a person could make before the release of the names. We all know that the people that first found this out have a ton of great names, whilst the late arrivers get nothing. If this were going to be for everyone, it should've been limited.

Also, for the people that get 10+ good names, when would you ever use them? We know good and well that they will be sold, and most likely will have no consequence. Line is pretty busy, you know. And if you say that your'e going to use them on alts, when would you ever need 10 alts, unless you "farm"...

Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by blazerdd; 09-16-2016 at 02:22 PM.