Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7.1 Content Update (57007)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hullukko View Post
    Tried it. I still hate it. I'm sorry, but there's little to be constructive about that. I mean, I'd like to help and make suggestions that could be useful, but in this topic all I can just say is that everything about it is a step in the wrong direction for me. I like fast games, I like that skill factor that speed offers. This game was just that, there was nothing wrong for me and now it's broken. Selecting my moves at that pace a skill factor? I don't think so, I move faster and snappier in nethack.

I don't mean to sound like a whining kid, I have two such of my own, but what else can I do but wait, hope and voice my resentment towards this change in here?

It's definitely a little less awful than it was yesterday, but nowhere near enough to make it playable for me. Cinco said he wanted to force us to choose which spells to use and so that all of them can't be used all the time. I get that, it's their call. The spell selection probably might need a little touch. I told him it's a good idea for a new game and a dangerous move for one with an existing user base. Sadly, that forcing implies a gcd longer than what I'm after or what I might be willing to adjust to.

Thanks for all the enjoyment and that goes out equally to STS and all those other players that also in their part made the game for me for what it was. Crossing my fingers for further update, but until then I gotta find something else. Good suggestions are welcome.
    Ditto...cept im not quite ready to look elsewhere...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blayzn View Post
    Please provide link to explination...i really, really want to understand this. Maybe the reasons "why" got lost in the response...
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...r-GCD-would-be......
    Kindread - Lvl 56 Pink-Magnet ("Pink Taco!")
    Grendel - Level 25 Operative, Vicar - Noob Engineer, Emissary - Noob Commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Where is Royce? I would like to know what he thinks.
    PL ign: Yvonnel - 66 Enchantress / Yvonnela - 65 Archer / Yvonnelw - 55 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    Thanks for the link. I missed that. Nonetheless what STS has created is a very unbalanced game. You can not change mechanics like this and expect it to work. OK they have removed the casual nature of PL. So now one has to devote time to play. Might as well go play WoW or a bunch of different variants. PL stood out, but not so much anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

update is awesome.....much snappier to the point that i dont notice the gcd anymore. keep doing what u do guys, cause u just made bears relevant again.

thank for all the hard work!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default The update

i think the update was great except for gcd. being that i put a lot of money in this game on platinum and time, i believe that yall shouldnt have messed with the gameplay mode. new weapons levels etc yes great for upgrades but changing the way the game is played not cool. but other than gcd love it but i think i will no longer be playing pl as long as gcd is around! just be in and out to chat with friends!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vol
    Might as well go play WoW or a bunch of different variants. PL stood out, but not so much anymore.
    I've been fighting off an urge to reactivate my WoW account all day......... I'm still giving the devs time to fix this first though. I dont know how much longer ill be able to wait before I just get bored and go back to WoW though I really don't want to...... I quit playing wow because of PL, and now because of PL I might be going back lol. Oh the irony
    Skavengr - lvl56 dual spec tank/bow bear, Alameina - lvl56 full mega int mage, MegaDooomer - lvl56 full custom dex bird

Skavenger - commando, Skavengr - engineer, MegaDooomer - operative
    Your Int is only 1. You should not even be able to form words in your mouth lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    They're noobs, what do you expect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lol....u havent even let your muscle memory adjust. if u cant combo...its not the games fault. if ur running slower...its not the games fault. u need more than 5 runs to get it down. give it a couple days and see what ya think. after 60+ hideout runs, im running faster than prior to gcd.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by choco View Post
    lol....u havent even let your muscle memory adjust. if u cant combo...its not the games fault. if ur running slower...its not the games fault. u need more than 5 runs to get it down. give it a couple days and see what ya think. after 60+ hideout runs, im running faster than prior to gcd.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but I've given it more than 5 runs, I've given the gcd more than a fair chance. I can still combo fine on all my toons, although much slower. And about running faster than before gcd, I call BS, no offense.
    Skavengr - lvl56 dual spec tank/bow bear, Alameina - lvl56 full mega int mage, MegaDooomer - lvl56 full custom dex bird

Skavenger - commando, Skavengr - engineer, MegaDooomer - operative
    Your Int is only 1. You should not even be able to form words in your mouth lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    They're noobs, what do you expect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Seriously guys. They're still tweaking it and it's day two. I'm running the maps with birds, bears and mages and yes, I see them complaining during the run and huffs and puffs and what not but you know what? We clear the maps, no deaths, and someone got a pink. Did everyone quit the game after that? No, we remade and ran again. So we can't clear catacombs in 3 minutes anymore. Fine, we can still clear it in 5 mins. Not that big of a difference. Maps are still getting cleared, drops are still dropping and bosses are still dying. It takes longer yes. Big deal.

What appears to be the bigger gripe is that people are mad that they aren't as uber as they were two days ago. They can't run into a group of 10 mobs and nuke them without dying. They can't fire off a 5 skill chain combo to end a fight in 10 seconds. Have you guys ever considered that maybe it shouldnt be this easy?

To fix the problem, the Devs could nerf you and your gear but that would cause an uproar or they can boost mobs and bosses like Shadow caves (which is fun) but people would say its too hard and not worth the gold or effort. But they did neither of those things and fixed the mechanics of the game killing many birds with one stone. People can last longer in PvP and no-Multi-touching, people can still finish maps and bosses (albeit a little slower) and you pretty much can do what you did before, you just have to be smarter with your choices. I dunno. It just seems like birds upset that they can't own PvP anymore are crying and mages who own in PvP now but can't own on the maps are crying. It's not that much different. Try and adapt to it. You guys are good gamers. Should be able to own this.
    Last edited by Kindread; 04-13-2011 at 07:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XRAX View Post
    Last night was the first time I slept since i stumbled across this awesome game.
    lol same goes for me:P
    Lvl 56 Enchantress ~Stephnee~ Lvl 55 Warrior Stephneee Lvl 21 Engineer Astrastephnee lvl 20 Operative Novastephnee lvl 20 Commando Lunastephnee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This has nothing to do with being "uber" it's the fact that I used to be able to play the game in between classes, lunch break, before the car ride home and etc. The whole casual feel for the game is gone. If we are going to have more strategic gameplay we should have less monsters per level, with harder more miniboss type monsters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the link. But i have to say...those are the reasons?! Truly disapointed now...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tifarah View Post
    This has nothing to do with being "uber" it's the fact that I used to be able to play the game in between classes, lunch break, before the car ride home and etc. The whole casual feel for the game is gone. If we are going to have more strategic gameplay we should have less monsters per level, with harder more miniboss type monsters.
    Agreed 110%

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tried the latest update. It does seem better and faster.

I'm not sure if it's just me, but there's an extra flash on the skill when I trigger it. Is that expected? I think it's flashing dark/used, then flashing gray for the GCD, then fading down.

I still wonder if there isn't a better way to show the GCD countdown. it's hard on the eyes, all those buttons animating all the time. Maybe something closer to the bar above the weapon? Right now, it just looks "harsh." (Hard to describe, I guess.)

Regardless, thanks to the devs for tweaking things in response to feedback -- especially the new emote stuff.
    Lilbyrdie - Enchantress; Naabafrekie - Archer; Bearmiathan - Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What turned me on to this game in the first place was the "pick-up" play for 5 minutes, and feel like I accomplished something. Not having to be glued to the phone/xoom or whatever was a blessing. If I wanted to sit somewhere and be oblivious to the world I would reinstate my WoW account(which I will never do). Sorry just so many suggestions have been made that would make sense, and it seems like they are not even being considered. Kind of like a job, if you don't like it quit feel.

P.S. The update did help it a little, still nowhere where it should be. If we are going to keep GCD we need to change other aspects of the game like monsters per level etc etc.
    Last edited by tifarah; 04-13-2011 at 07:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

No offense to you or anyone but can we stop with everyone throwing around the word "casual gaming". For me, casual means that I can play on the go, on the bus, in the bathroom wherever I want without a computer and just using my cell. I can finish a quest or two or a map on a break and I'm done. That's casual to me. Our runs went from 3-5 minutes to maybe 5-10 minutes. That's still pretty friggin fast and casual for me. It's not like we're doing 6-hour raids in WoW, so I don't know what you guys are talking about in ruining the casual gaming experience. To really be honest, I think casual gamers in PL are few and far between. I think you start off as casual gamers. But when you're investing a couple hours a day to farm a single map in hopes of landing a pink, you're pretty hardcore to me. An extra 2-5 min a run is cake for you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im glad you have no responsibility's in life outside of the game I enjoy every single minute I get outside of college/working fulltime/having 3 children and friends.

Plasticuproject

Thanks for trying but it didn't do much for me. I still, when I'm lagging (which is always), have the problem of pressing g a skill, nothing happening, pressing it again, turns out the skill did go off, pressing another skill, nothing happens, pressing it again, THEN the skill activates. So when there is even a little bit of lag I'm getting about 1 skill out every 2 to 3 seconds. This results in me dying and my party hating me. Sucks. I hope you guys keep at it so I can come back and enjoy the game like before. If I could get 1 skill out per second with ~300-350 ping I would be happy. Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Morawk, it's perfectly normal for people NOT to be ok with it suddenly taking twice as long to perform a task. Would you be ok if at work your boss took your computer and swapped it with one that was twice as slow? Or if your commute to work was suddenly permanently doubled?
    Maybe you would be, but most people wouldn't.