Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7.1 Content Update (57007)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by markus View Post
    So morhawk, you enjoy longer playtimes, harder mobs, no increase in xp or reward for playtime and enjoy dieing and using tons of elixers and pots..... my only question is are you a masacist or is sts paying you to endorse gcd?
    I think the reason why I love this game so much is because I'm a social person. I like meeting people, joking around, making people laugh. When I'm playing PL and farming, I really don't have any expectations. I don't pay attention to how long it takes me to clear a level. I don't get mad if it takes long to clear one. I sometime talk a lot or make jokes on the run because I like to have fun. I think I'm a successful farmer because I don't set all these expectations on myself. I don't get upset if pinks don't drop for awhile. And you know what? When I get tired of farming, where do you think I go to have fun? I join a Shadow Cave run. Call me a masochist but I enjoy the challenge.

And I would love for STS to pay me but with my Securities Licenses and my firm, I'm not allowed to accept any compensation from anywhere else. Sucks huh? But I bet Cinco and JustG can work something out for me under-the-table.
    Kindread - Lvl 56 Pink-Magnet ("Pink Taco!")
    Grendel - Level 25 Operative, Vicar - Noob Engineer, Emissary - Noob Commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Major fail with new cool down...please fix this as you will see members leave. If I don't see this fix come through soon I'm done with this game which is a shame because I love it. 53 mage 35 arch and 10 bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Please get rid of the new cool down for abilities. It really takes away from the game play and the overall experience. I want the same speed of game play as before, not slower play. You are going to see a lot of people jump because this was not an improvement but a major failure. Sorry, but if I don't see the change I will be one of the first to leave.

Senior Member Wbto-Angeluscustos's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    I think the reason why I love this game so much is because I'm a social person. I like meeting people, joking around, making people laugh. When I'm playing PL and farming, I really don't have any expectations. I don't pay attention to how long it takes me to clear a level. I don't get mad if it takes long to clear one. I sometime talk a lot or make jokes on the run because I like to have fun. I think I'm a successful farmer because I don't set all these expectations on myself. I don't get upset if pinks don't drop for awhile. And you know what? When I get tired of farming, where do you think I go to have fun? I join a Shadow Cave run. Call me a masochist but I enjoy the challenge.

And I would love for STS to pay me but with my Securities Licenses and my firm, I'm not allowed to accept any compensation from anywhere else. Sucks huh? But I bet Cinco and JustG can work something out for me under-the-table.
    ahah yeah man thats why this game is funner.. its nice to use emotes or make jokes or just basically be more talkative during a run especially now since gcd it makes games run a lot more smoother and its funner.. and morawk we should play some time..
    (THANKS TO LADYLOVE) BEST SIG MAKER!

Angeluscustos - 70 Birdie | Wbto - 65 Pally | Murtaghthorn - 35 Twink | Wbtowbto - 45 Twink |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This explains everything you are the rich type, that has nothing to do but sit around and waste time. Us poor and middle class people dont... lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tifarah View Post
    This explains everything you are the rich type, that has nothing to do but sit around and waste time. Us poor and middle class people dont... lol
    Attacking people because of their financial status is NOT constructive feedback...... just saying.
    Skavengr - lvl56 dual spec tank/bow bear, Alameina - lvl56 full mega int mage, MegaDooomer - lvl56 full custom dex bird

Skavenger - commando, Skavengr - engineer, MegaDooomer - operative
    Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    Your Int is only 1. You should not even be able to form words in your mouth lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    They're noobs, what do you expect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Very true, but he hasn't exactly been giving the best feedback either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Whatever floats your boat morhawk, but you have to understand you are in the minority here. a lot of what you have been saying about peoples play style and what people enjoy isn't how a lot of the pl players feel about the new gameplay. Only reason I singled you out is cause you seem to be kind of beligernt towards some people syaing how they feel about new gameplay.
    Furon lvl 55 dex bird

Ayreez lvl 31 int mage

Senior Member Wbto-Angeluscustos's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

i dont like it but you have to say a lot of the "fun" in the game is the parties or groups u play with if you have "downer" group(boring and depressed) then your not going to have a lot of fun unless of course u get major pinks
    (THANKS TO LADYLOVE) BEST SIG MAKER!

Angeluscustos - 70 Birdie | Wbto - 65 Pally | Murtaghthorn - 35 Twink | Wbtowbto - 45 Twink |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The GCD is incrementally improved over yesterday; however, GCD is not improved enough. Also of note, as usual I would create some auctions, but it seems not enough players online to make it profitable for what used to be the busiest time of the day. Apparently there are still quite a few people who feel similarly.

I'm hoping STS will continue to reduce GCD to a level where I can return to enjoying this great game and we can see the larger number of players numbers online we've come to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiliana View Post
    It really won't be as bad as so many think, at least for PVE. 1/2 a second GCD is barely noticeable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry for the remark it just seems funny that "rich" people the "minority" in this country like the way things are, where as "poor" people want "change" it just seem to fit in with all this somehow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wbto-Angeluscustos View Post
    ahah yeah man thats why this game is funner.. its nice to use emotes or make jokes or just basically be more talkative during a run especially now since gcd it makes games run a lot more smoother and its funner.. and morawk we should play some time..
    If you think this as a whole makes this "smoother", you must be playing a different game than I am. Not going into pro/con of GCD, but one thing it is not is "smoother".

Some people don't like talkers in their game as well....me, being one of them. If you're talking, you ain't fighting. Drags down the team, especially now that skill timing is more important.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a question? Give me one good reason why to be a Mage now that GCD is Is in effect. Oh wait you can't cause the Mage is squishy and can't even heal fast enough before dying. You made this game horrible. Please fix it. And for those who comPlain about " skill spammers" shut up!!! You cannot say with all honesty that you didn't have your combos down sO that you could pull em off in a second. You had a great game... Now it sucks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

One more thing, while GCD remains a huge disappointment, I do appreciate the reduction of emphasis on farting.

Farting isn't cool, it's crude. It plays to the lowest common denominator of decency and while it might be good for revenue rest assured your game was excellent without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiliana View Post
    It really won't be as bad as so many think, at least for PVE. 1/2 a second GCD is barely noticeable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree with Lesrider, If it takes twice as long to complete it each run, thats half the chance at getting anything worthwhile. Which is why I said other aspects need to change before GCD.. XP, drop rates, elixir lengths... etc etc. I used to love 24 hour fear plane raids in EQ1 but, I just can't do that kind of stuff anymore.

Once it starts to become more like "work" it isn't fun anymore.
    God I miss EQ1 and I remember CR runs in fear lasting hours on end, and the fear of corpse rot /shiver. Never mind the clear. That aside those kind of hours are just not there anymore. This game WAS fun in and out quick and dirty you guys seemed to have it down. I didn't mind the plat for anything as you provided something others didn't. Hell I even had several accounts just like the old EQ1 days (bloody hard to bot on an iphone and ipad though). I could do a quick run while having a smoke or sitting on the can.

However the GCD ends it all for me, three account will go dormant, I've already called my old EQ1 buddy and told him not to both getting the game. 1 star all around for every account (0 if I could). Hit em where it hurts, I know developers for iphone. Nothing is more damaging then a bad rating.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's what I've done for now unless they fix the fun factor, and recomend everyone do with promise of 5 star when fixed. Till then 1star will remain!
    That's of coarse if you dislike the way the game is going. I hope banns will not be implemented for those still voicing there thoughts as was mentioned in post as I would love to still play this game if devs can heed the warnings of there player base and fix this problem!
    Last edited by markus; 04-13-2011 at 09:23 PM.
    Furon lvl 55 dex bird

Ayreez lvl 31 int mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well you know EQ3 is being worked on currently and is SUPPOSE to be a lot more like classic than #2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by darkerelf View Post
    If that is the case I think I'm right behind you. Just take off GCD! Recent update stated it helped out GCD, and a in game note from the dev asked us to please give a try. How can anyone do combos with this, it was fine the way it was before. I am barely holding on to this game honestly, I honestly enjoyed it {before}. Good luck with GCD, i believe it is a big fail.. Take everyone here's opinion into consideration. It is a pocket game, meant for fast past not slower pace. You might have to take few steps backwards only to go forward. Last words NO GCD!
    I must be new, because I can Shatter scream, drop a thorn wall, then blast shot, and it says 'combo', and I can do that with GCD. So I must be confused on what a combo is, can you please explain?
    Same. I find the GCD is indeed much snappier as I can roll my skills now. I think the buff duration should still be adjusted, make it longer. Having to lose a buff during combat and having to rebuff during combat can throw players off their rhythm. My workaround for that is to move out of the danger zone and rebuff, then come back in the fight again, thus making the run slower.

My advice to darkerelf: Give it more time. Adjust your timings. Practice and see if you can live with. After say, about 20 runs come back and give a more detailed feedback.
    =================================================
    In-game characters: Ishmu, Archer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well you know EQ3 is being worked on currently and is SUPPOSE to be a lot more like classic than #2
    My wife is not going to like you for giving me that information. =)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i am sorry but i have to voice this out. i feel like the full revival using one plat is a way sts is trying to earn more money from us and that is the main reason of adding the gcd. i am not sure how true it is because you die more than usual and even though minority of players would use it but some will still use it.