of course they dont have 100 dragon bars ... lol??!?!?

The armour was originally made all shiny through a quest line, so it would seem appropriate that the old dusty armour could be upgraded to a vanity through a tough questline of some sort imho? Of course this is something that takes a huge amount of work, time, and money to implement by sts ... so its understandable why its not quest line orientated.

But at least i suppose by making the vanity only available with 2 arcane shards it will keep the armour very exclusive?
Though if its gonna cost around 3 million i will probably give it a miss :/

I expected the vanities that are mythics would be crafted with a mythic item, ie dragnaite bar .. as arcane vanities use an arcane shard, but there we go.
I seem to remember sts saying that in order for them to create a vanity for a player its not that easy ... and involves a LOT of working hours by staff (which incidently costs them money to produce for us) and this is most probably why they decided to leave the crafting to involve a rare item like a shard .... otherwise it will take sts forever to process all those that craft mythic vanities easily and quickly with dragonite bars?
I actualy dont mind that it takes two shards .... as it makes that vanity really rather special, both visually and historically ... and maintains its kudos that reflects the tough quest at the time that was required to put a shine on those mythic armours.