Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7.1 Client Update (57072)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

this is a very good improvement but there are several things i want to mention but i believe people have already mention it before i do.

let me start with a small little gcd bug i notice. sometime when you activate a skill, after activation and after gcd, it remains in-activated and you can keep using it. but the problem is if this happens, the skill will not activate even though you are tapping it. suspected reason for this is cooldown of the skill is on after activation but not registered (dimmed-lit) after gcd.

now here's a suggestion for gcd flash blink on skills. as we understand, after a skill is activated, the gcd will take over the skill icon for as long as the gcd time is (which i don't know how long maybe .1 sec). the continual dimming of skills is kind of a distraction and can cause a fluctuation in player's concentration. i am not sure how many players will agree with this point but the suggestion here is to change the gcd dimming effect to time-line effect. like your auto attack, there a time line above it so by putting a time line below your mana bar would make a big difference and reduce distraction. but of course this is a suggestion if you are keeping the gcd which i do not really want it to happen.

the final point is how i feel and that is i still do not like gcd to be applied on pve because it slow down the pace of the game in term of pve. if its for preventing multi-touching i guess another form of way would be better and that is implementing skill block. i know this is definitely possible because certain games on iOS and android are using it. skill block basically prevent multi-touch of skill icons. if you try touching 2 skill at the same time, it simply won't be activated. and you do not need to apply global cooldown because how fast you cast your skills depends on the speed of your finger. i believe all games have better players but gcd just makes better players one step lower. (oh i am not a better player anyway but i see many better players missing in action or seeming was not as good as before.)

what i have to say and suggest is all done. thanks for your time (if you read this).

hopefully gcd is no longer applied in the next patch. but keep it in pvp.
    Last edited by Skyler84; 04-15-2011 at 10:54 AM.