Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
PVE
  • Farming for Ribbit, Kettle and Malison eggs was profitable
  • Elite Glob was a one hit killer!
  • Wrathjaw was a valuable pet at the time
  • Colton was a top pet for Sorcs, so everyone took the time to do all three Bards quests every single day
  • Farming elite Frostir for Entombed Hammers was a good source of income
  • There was a time when there weren't any Locked Crates....just think about that
  • Agile Ranger gear was as good as it got for Rogues
  • Lifethief daggers were so crazy OP that there were endless threads asking for a nerf
  • When running elite Rooks Nest (for Mali eggs), people actually waited for you to respawn and rush to boss before they killed him (since it took 15-20 minutes per run)
  • Running Goldmine, waiting for Ghul to summon three other bosses so you could maximize reroll loot
  • I remember the day the Arena opened, and it was so insanely difficult that I actually complained to Remiem, who of course joined and used a /killall after struggling through the first two bosses and told my party "That's wasn't so difficult lol". It was nerfed shortly afterward.
  • I remember running Planar Tombs 3 with a friend on the first day, both of us raged at the boss, blowing 10 Revenge buffs each before finally killing him. Again, boss was nerfed shortly afterward
  • There was a time when soloing elites was actually extremely difficult and very few players did it
  • Getting a Kraken Skewer drop was the same as getting a dump truck filled with gold
  • NOBODY ran elite Skull Cove...
  • Farming elite Ferrix and Overgrowth was challenging, fun and profitable
  • When you couldn't get a full party, elite LMM (Lost Mages Mine) was common and loot was surprisingly good
  • Taking the time to study pulls and group strategy was actually valuable and made a huge difference in runs
  • An hour of farming elites might have cost you only a couple of deaths...and only because YOU made a mistake (like piercing into a Shaman's stomp)

PVP
  • The goal of CTF was to capture the flag, and teams actually worked together without blocking/ganging/etc.
  • I remember PvP before pets were allowed, and then a few players figured out an exploit to sneak pets in....they were ganged mercilessly until they left, and their teammates allowed it to happen
  • PvP was all about fair play, strategies were shared over public chat and people actually took the time to teach noobs
  • I also remember the all warrior wolf pack parties with rotating HoR being unstoppable
You made me Nostalgic

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk