Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
What's the difference nitpicking who would win pregcd, if an average bear "annhilates" an average bird pregcd then you have agreed with my argument that classes were unbalanced even before? Especially if you claim that a bear can do it "any day of the week; no competition there" - how is that remotely balanced compared to the average dex mage now annihilating a bird, any day of the week, no competition there? Case in point, like I said before, favoritism has shifted from one class/build to another class/build.

Apparently, having one-shot rounds pre-GCD wasn't considered strategic at all either.

Physiologic, you seem to be missing the point, and it is hard to have a to break it down for you when you have had close to zero pvp experience prior to the update. The point of pvp was not to be "average." The driving force of pvp, and the driving force behind competition and challenge is to become the best. This is psychology, and it can be very well explained with neuroscience. This is what kept players rooted to their devices prior to gcd, and in the arenas. An "average" player does not stay "average" pre gcd. There was a beautiful "S" shaped learning curve. I remember when I first started, I got my fair share of beat downs. This motivated me to practice, and invest in the arenas to get to where I am today. Same applies to other mages, birds, and bears I know that were distinguishable for the amateurs. With the current system in place, an "average" player has little room to grow. A complete newbie can enter the arena and perform at close to the same level now as he or she will down the line with experience. Before, you were able to see a qualitative difference in your playing style and skills over time; now, it has become one dimensional, with a limited scale. You can say what you will, and although I respect your educated opinions and respect what you are trying to do, unless you have had some form of actual experience with pvp before, these arguments won't mean anything to you. Again,

If there was clear "unbalance" prior to GCD, then explain to me why at least 95% of the pvp community is nostalgic over the old system? I agree that people don't like change, but this number exaggerates that statement. By now most people have already adapted the change and are ready to accept it and rise to the challenge. However, this is not the trend that we are observing within the pvp community. The old system WAS as balanced as it could be with 9 classes to chose from and all performing well in group games (given the time you put in). If anything, it was certainly more balanced than it is now, regardless of what you may have heard, rather than experienced. The only reason I devote my time in these posts, and to these discussions, is because I truly, truly care about this game, the pvp community, and the developers. Ill also assert over and over that I couldn't appreciate enough the hard work the devs have put in, and I hope these posts are viewed as constructive, and no other way.