Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Am I the only one upset about this? D:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default Am I the only one upset about this? D:

I really DESPISE this platinum for elixir thing ;D just wanna hear fellow forumers thoughts! thanks
    http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8743/cerealsigpicfinal.png
    Signature Credits: Rebel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Obviously not. But we all got tired of talking about it. We said our parts. I guess the money will have to speak now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I am not really not a fan of this elixer for plat thing, mostly because i have a lvl 14 bear, and i wanted to level him asap, so, I'm a little upset by this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    i sense the random is great in this one.
    BlackRyder Lv 55 Fury pally CharcoalRyder Lv 52 Pure Archer OnyxRyder Lv 25 DEX/STR Bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not a heavy elixir user but i sure won't pay plat for them. I think the persistent elixirs they've mentioned might make the cost more palatable to some extent tho. I want to buy more plat but not for elixirs at this time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

All these updates are blatant attempts to try to make more money. By making the main quest line free, they can attract more players. By making elixirs cost plat and adding the minimum requirement to enter a dungeon, they are trying to make us be online and playing for longer periods. It will take so long to level now that lower level or newer players will be stuck grinding til they go insane. This is supposed to be a game that you can pick up, play for 5 or 10 minutes and accomplish something. That is gone now. Welcome to every other grind level fest game out there. Wowdoaceqlegends. No thx devs, until you focus more on what the players want and less on your pocketbooks, I'm out. Peace.
    Tonkabear 55 Tonkabird 55 Tonkamage 20
    Tonkadtm 15 pvp
    Tonkadtb 10 pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

I will not be using any elixers. Devs will hopefully repeal.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Honestly I think it is a bad thing too. In my experience mmos NEED and I absolutely mean needs a currency sink. Otherwise the economy gets way over inflated and any new players can barely even hope to afford gear without looting it themselves.
    Up till now the only gold sink was the elixers. MILLIONS of gold got removed from the economy and whether you realize this or not, this keeps items cheaper. When more people have more million's of gold gear prices will go up just because they know they can charge that. Gold for elixers was genius for getting to 56 it also helped stabilize the economy.
    I just think now that gold is only used for trading for gear all heck will break loose.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

As much as I want the devs to make money, I won't pay real life money for a temporary buff. If someone else wants this, they can go ahead and buy it.
    I don't mind paying for content or items at all, and I actually just bought plat to support the devs. The things we used to pay for, were with us forever (dungeons, vanity items, gear...). Asking real life money for a temporary buff is a confusing move for me.

I'm just happy that I wasn't using any elix to level up anyway, so to me it won't make a huge difference to be honest. I just wanted to state my opinion about it

Edit: 1 good thing I can see in all of this, is a reduction in power leveled mynas gens
    Last edited by JaytB; 04-18-2011 at 10:19 PM.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thankfully I pounded out 56 a few weeks back. That kinda gap with out exp pots could take 6mo of numbness from grinding. Ill miss the str pot while farming bosses but ill never spend a single plat on elixirs or instant revives.

Pretty soon itll cost platinum to keep the pinks that drop, then plat to sell them

But hey, its a business and they are in business to make money. Just try not to ruin a good thing in the process.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkabear View Post
    All these updates are blatant attempts to try to make more money. By making the main quest line free, they can attract more players. By making elixirs cost plat and adding the minimum requirement to enter a dungeon, they are trying to make us be online and playing for longer periods. It will take so long to level now that lower level or newer players will be stuck grinding til they go insane. This is supposed to be a game that you can pick up, play for 5 or 10 minutes and accomplish something. That is gone now. Welcome to every other grind level fest game out there. Wowdoaceqlegends. No thx devs, until you focus more on what the players want and less on your pocketbooks, I'm out. Peace.
    Sad to say that I completely agree with this (except the part about leaving the game over it). This an obvious attempt to make more money off of the game, but it's understandable. The game has established itself as one of the best (if not the best) mmo-on-the-go, so now they are simply trying to cash in on their hard work and investment. The sad part is that players will most likely be turned off by the new developments and the direction the game is headed. Most of the vets will probably stay and just not use elixirs. Grinding is going to be a bit unbearable now! I used xp elixirs from level 55-56 because the grind was just a bit depressing; seeing your xp bar not even budge after multiple BS runs eventually got the best of me. With all of the changes, there are plenty of players that are leaving... I just wonder where this game is headed since all of these changes don't seem to be addressing the issues that the community have, but rather taking the game into a far too familiar territory. I used to think that this game was looking to break the mold and venture off into the untapped potential of the mmo genre, now the game is starting to give me déjà vu.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roth140 View Post
    Thankfully I pounded out 56 a few weeks back. That kinda gap with out exp pots could take 6mo of numbness from grinding. Ill miss the str pot while farming bosses but ill never spend a single plat on elixirs or instant revives.

Pretty soon itll cost platinum to keep the pinks that drop, then plat to sell them

But hey, its a business and they are in business to make money. Just try not to ruin a good thing in the process.
    You jest, but I would really like to know where that line is, bc it keeps moving.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    You jest, but I would really like to know where that line is, bc it keeps moving.
    Exactly my thought.

How long before some irresponsible kid or even adult for that matter, starts to milk his/her credit card just so they can level up quicker o.O

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah I am pretty disgusted with PL to say the least. These last few updates have pushed it down from what was a top notch game to err....not so good. Guess they weren't making enough money before. I've never played a game that made such drastic negative changes a year in...maybe they are trying to kill PL for b*?

Eta: I've actually been scared to voice my opinion for fear of ban bc I saw some from posting negative feedback. I would much rather they left things alone and paid monthly for the game. No way will I pay for a temp buff...idc if its a quarter...
    Last edited by jaggedlilpill; 04-18-2011 at 10:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jaggedlilpill View Post
    Yeah I am pretty disgusted with PL to say the least. These last few updates have pushed it down from what was a top notch game to err....not so good. Guess they weren't making enough money before. I've never played a game that made such drastic negative changes a year in...maybe they are trying to kill PL for b*?
    Again, that theory makes no sense. What's more likely, is they'll keep the same business plan for B*, so we can probably expect these changes to be standard over there from the beginning. That's my guess.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I work 12 + hours a day, I dont have the time to waste on pointless grinding, getting just 1 or 2 xp per kill. I have a lvl 42 mage that I was trying to get to 55. I'm not wasting my valuable free time on slow leveling. I mean give me a break, the devs made enough money to have tv spots made and put them on multiple channels, but they can't pay someone to handle customer relations or even post on the forums often enough to not seem like some shadowy figures in the background. I have a life, I'm not giving anymore of it to something that only sees me as a $.
    Tonkadtm 15 pvp
    Tonkadtb 10 pvp

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

The game is starting to turn into a cash focused business, all of the updates have been to encourage players to ante up. It's starting to remind me of Microsoft, I mean we have even seen the banhammer come out.

17.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #17
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

We understand this is not a popular decision. The elixirs are about to undergo an upgrade, including more persistent ones. We'll be making a range of them, and are considering bringing back gold for the lower-powered ones.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Thanks justg- the one we need is the 1.5 xp, armor, str one.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Seems alot of the decisions you guys have made lately weren't popular...im just trying to figure the direction this game is going...a year in, a game should go forwards not backwards...just my HO of course, but I've severely lost interest. Between GCD being so glitchy and ruining gameplay to now we have to pay plat for buffs...I just am losing faith.

And good to hear you are thinking of bringing these back for gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Its not just the elixirs, every recent change is transparently monetarily focused, justg. Dont we give you guys enough money from vanity, rings and faces? Doesn't the fact that all these recent patches are very unpopular, mean anything to you? You may lose a fair amount of your player base. I'm not the only one who has noticed that there were 3k people playing before xmas and like 1.9 k now.
    Tonkadtm 15 pvp
    Tonkadtb 10 pvp