Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: I am concerned that gold loot may be crushing the game

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Here is what I love/hate about the gold loot system:

The best and coolest part of gold loot is it is more benificial to people who farm hard. Unlike the "luck" system of the past, gold loot benefits those who play and farm the most. The luck system made profits unstable. Someone could farm hours and earn the same amount of gold as someone who farmed 5 minutes, all based on luck drops. So in some ways, I like the gold loot system.

The reason I hate this is simple. I really don't know what the people who are defending all the gold looted are getting there reasoning from. Here is how I see it. The main way gold is "lost" in the economy is from auc listing fees. Other ways are buying pots, sir spendalot vanities, crafting fees, etc. The main way gold is "gained" in the economy is gold drops. Other ways are looting gold from lockeds, finishing quests, opening certain chests, etc. The problem is the amount gained is surpassing the amount lost, resulting in more gold in the over all market. Basic economics then dictates that when there is more overall gold, prices on everything goes up. Even tho some people are trying to deny it, this is the truth. Now how much the amount gained is greater then the amount lost is arguable. But as sts continues to add more gold into the economy (via gold loot awakens being added), prices for everything will continue to rise unless they add a new gold sink. I mean no disrespect to those defending that gold loot is good, but this is the undeniable fact. How much prices will increase is unpredictable, but they will no doubt go up, even if it is only minorly.

In summary: gold loot strongly benefits those who have high gold loot items, and provides a disadvantage to those who don't have gold loot/ don't have a lot of time to play. I hate how people make it sound so easy to earn gold. Yes there is easy ways to earn gold if you have high gold loot, high tier gear, good pts to run with, and lots of experience. But seeing how many people lack most of these, gold is not so easy for "everyone" to obtain. I will constinently see the "rich" call out weak players, saying terrible things to them, or just leave the random party because the run is too slow. How then are these "weak" players supposed to make this gold, which apparently is so easy to get? Not everyone has the same opportunity to farm gold, and I strongly feel these gold loot awakens being added continue to add to the wealth gap and exclude more and more players from the game as they can not keep up with prices. If you find any flaws in my reasoning given, pls comment as I am trying to understand both sides of this arguement. I mean no offense to any of the previous posts in this tread.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Korabiv For This Useful Post: