Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vanity helms still appear when hide helm is checked

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Default Vanity helms still appear when hide helm is checked

I'm not sure if this is a bug or it's intended, but when I check the "hide helm" button in the options menu it doesn't hide my vanity helm. My normal helm is already hidden by the vanity. I just wish selecting the hide helm feature would make it look like you're wearing no helm at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You could unequip the vanity helm. Although you'd lose 1 armor.
    PL : Elar - 56 Bird | Jiabli - 55 Mage | Signos - 55 Bear | Nisrok - 21 Bear | Hedice - 21 Bird
    SL : Elar - 25 Operative | Formora - 25 Commando | Signos - 13 Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

The whole point of vanity is a helm that you could wear that looks cool. I don't know why you would want to hide it.
    To view this information you need a Spacetime Studios® Gold™ Account

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Survivorfan View Post
    The whole point of vanity is a helm that you could wear that looks cool. I don't know why you would want to hide it.
    To secretly look cool! :-p

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Ya the hide helm option hides your 'helmet', the vanity will show no matter what if you have it on. We need a hide vanity button, especially for the big luck vanity, cuz it helps but doesn't look so hot lol.
    56 Majormajic - 55 Majortank - 5 Majorfive
    Pocket Legend Inc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Ya the hide helm option hides your 'helmet', the vanity will show no matter what if you have it on. We need a hide vanity button, especially for the big luck vanity, cuz it helps but doesn't look so hot lol.
    When Big Luck came out, those of us who didn't like it, protested that it shouldnt be permanent so everyone won't be wearing clovers all the time.
    Everyone else said "nooooo we only wear it for bosses anyway." Now everyone wants to hide it.

People here never seize to amaze me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    When Big Luck came out, those of us who didn't like it, protested that it shouldnt be permanent so everyone won't be wearing clovers all the time.
    Everyone else said "nooooo we only wear it for bosses anyway." Now everyone wants to hide it.

Lol well you have to remember lesrider, everyone has there own opinion on everything. The forums are here for all of us to express our opinions, so the devs can get a better idea of what they can do to make the game better for all of us.
    56 Majormajic - 55 Majortank - 5 Majorfive
    Pocket Legend Inc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Lol well you have to remember lesrider, everyone has there own opinion on everything. The forums are here for all of us to express our opinions, so the devs can get a better idea of what they can do to make the game better for all of us.
    I know everyone has an opinion. And my opinion is that you all asked for Big Luck effects to be permanent, now live with that choice. Wear it or don't wear it.
    Apparently this new Founder's Helm has bonus stats as well. I suppose when the Founders get bored of it, they, too, will ask to be able to hide their vanity items?
    It's never good enough for people to have an edge -- they always have to have more.

Personally, I'm worried about where all this "vanity item with stats" thing is leading. I think a big bad can of worms was opened when vanity items started becoming more than just vanity items. Next people will want to be able to wear 4 different vanity helms but hide them all so they can have the stats from each.
    Last edited by Lesrider; 04-21-2011 at 09:00 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Some people should have a hammer spring out of their keyboard and whack them between the eyes for some of their posts, but we will have to wait for that to happen.

And I don't remember THAT many people not wanting to hide Big Luck. The majority of people said it looked dumb, if I recall.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 04-21-2011 at 09:05 AM.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    Some people should have a hammer spring out of their keyboard and whack them between the eyes for some of their posts, but we will have to wait for that to happen.

And I don't remember THAT many people not wanting to hide Big Luck. The majority of people said it looked dumb.
    Whether they thought it was dumb or not, they felt the effects were worth it to wear a clover on their heads, and said it's ok bc they'll only wear it for bosses.
    I just wish people would stand by the choices they make and not keep expecting everything to change for them because they didn't think it through when they first "voted" on something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Who cares? If someone wants to hide their vanity, let them if the devs add a feature for it. I could give a rat's *** less if someone initially said "no don't hide it" and then later changed their mind. Doesn't affect me personally or my game.

As far as adding stats for vanity items, as in skill attributes like str, armor, etc, I say keep it as 0/1 armor like I think you have implied the whole time. If they want to release items like Big Luck that have a slight elixir-type boost, make them fairly pricey (like they did for Big Luck)...but I don't know if we will see anything like that again after the uproar that caused.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 04-21-2011 at 09:12 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    Who cares? If someone wants to hide their vanity, let them if the devs add a feature for it. I could give a rat's *** less if someone initially said "no don't hide it" and then later changed their mind. Doesn't affect me personally or my game.

As far as adding stats for vanity items, as in skill attributes like str, armor, etc, I say keep it as 0/1 armor. If they want to release items like Big Luck that have a slight elixir-type boost, make them fairly pricey (like they did for Big Luck)...but I don't know if we will see anything like that again after the uproar that caused.
    Isn't the Founder's helm a vanity with bonus stats? I can't seem to get a clear answer from anyone.
    If it is, then they're already headed further in that direction.
    I just think it's silly to be able to hide your vanity helm as well. If you want the extra stats from it, live with how it looks. Otherwise just wear a ring.
    I feel like we're gonna end up with a new set of equipment -- soon people will be wearing three helms/shields, etc at a time -- the regular one, one for extra stats, and one for looks. It's all getting pretty silly. I wish vanity had been left as vanity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Yes founders helm is +5 for armor, but let's not forget they "deserve" it. And if you happen to forget there will be hordes of them reminding you because don't you know they are entitled to it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kallima View Post
    Yes founders helm is +5 for armor, but let's not forget they "deserve" it. And if you happen to forget there will be hordes of them reminding you because don't you know they are entitled to it.
    +5 damage AND +5 armor.
    So of course more vanity items with bonus stats will be coming out to appease the rest of us who didn't get the Founder's Helm. And then everyone will want to hide their helms because they don't like the look of it but still want the bonus stats.
    And so it begins.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

immagine lvl 15 dex bear with dmg ring and this hat
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Oh btw, I still sport my big luck! Do I like the look post St. Party's day? No, but do I like the chance at a re-roll? You betcha so it's staying on me head for a LONG time and I don't want it hidden, I really don't get why anyone would want something hidden they purchased. Only reason I can think of is so they look like other players but with boosters that give them an advantage. So when they PVP and kill a noob, the noob attributes the kill to skill versus advantage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Riccits View Post
    immagine lvl 15 dex bear with dmg ring and this hat
    That's me, except leveel 10. Yeah the main reason I asked this question is because of the founders helm. I want to keep the bonuses but it makes me look kind of goofy. If its such a big deal though I can live with it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

And for those who think +5 doesn't make a big difference, I'll remind you of Phys's equations after the GCD -- The devs thought +5 damage was a big enough change to make the GCD runs faster.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Isn't the Founder's helm a vanity with bonus stats? I can't seem to get a clear answer from anyone.
    If it is, then they're already headed further in that direction.
    I just think it's silly to be able to hide your vanity helm as well. If you want the extra stats from it, live with how it looks. Otherwise just wear a ring.
    I feel like we're gonna end up with a new set of equipment -- soon people will be wearing three helms/shields, etc at a time -- the regular one, one for extra stats, and one for looks. It's all getting pretty silly. I wish vanity had been left as vanity.
    Once again, that's just your opinion....I could care less if someone wants to hide their vanity. It doesn't affect my game whatsoever. Nor if they have different sets for looks, etc.

+5 armor is chump change in PvE. I can't/won't speak for PvP or twinking. If it is a huge deal, simply disable the +5 in PvP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It is getting out of hand. As far as hiding the looks... I say no way. You choose to wear it or not. If you don't like the looks, don't wear it. That should just be the way it is.

As for the added stats. I think this is total garbage. I received the shield, but I think it is pretty close to cheating in pvp. Add on a helm with added bonuses..... just plain weak. I was just getting into pvp before all of this happened. Now I really don't want to continue with pvp due to all of the added bonuses that only a portion of people are able to obtain. Just because people were some of the first to play does not mean that they should receive a permanent edge over all other players.

As les stated, this is setting a bad presedence. Heading down the wrong road IMO.
    - OlliWalli: Level 56 Dual Stat Int/Str Mage [ ] OlliDaWalli: Level 55 Pure Dex Bird
    - OliTwinkNWali: Level 15 PvP Dex Bear

* Guild Member of AEO