Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: why did the shield lose its stats?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nightarcher View Post
    Well honestly, we bought the campaigns for the content, not hoping to get some sort of reimbursement. Accept it, it's a nice little vanity shield.
    Ditto..........................

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Shield as vanity is better then shield with stats that can only be equipped on twinks. Good move IMO. I have a feel we will see more shields in months to come.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

shields no stats but founders helm boots +5 armor and +5 dmg. thats a lot for my pvp bear
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I love this sheild being vanity as I can actually wear it on my main account. Also if I equip it on top of a bow my archer holds it like a bow and the sheild shoots arrows which is AWESOME.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

good gift! i like the way it looks on my bow mage=)
    Lvl 50 Mage - Jennave
    Lvl 22 Mage - Ibowtress

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In my opinion, none of the vanity items should have any stats, ever.

New players will always feel a step behind and will always be unable to be as good as those who have been playing the longest. Unique looks are cool, but even the smallest combat advantage just isn't fair. What if they limited the best shield in game to X amount? how would you feel knowing you could never get one? you'd feel punished for being the new guy, the second class citizen.

Just make it looks only, it caters to everyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree that this was the right decision. However, may I ask how many of you will now wear the shield?? =)

Pretty much this will just be an item that will sit on an alt char or in stash collecting dust. I know that I will probably never wear this as it really does not look good enough that I would choose it over my regular shield.

If they are going to take away the effects (which they should) atleast make the shield look good........
    - OlliWalli: Level 56 Dual Stat Int/Str Mage [ ] OlliDaWalli: Level 55 Pure Dex Bird
    - OliTwinkNWali: Level 15 PvP Dex Bear

* Guild Member of AEO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

new player will allways be in advantage, they cant buy any holiday set, big luck, missed winter and halloween festival, missed droid antennae and all contests, 100% loot rate of caves and 50% rate of vyxxnar 50 any many older glitches and events....
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Riccits View Post
    new player will allways be in advantage, they cant buy any holiday set, big luck, missed winter and halloween festival, missed droid antennae and all contests, 100% loot rate of caves and 50% rate of vyxxnar 50 any many older glitches and events....
    Just how it is. Ricci is right. And this is coming from a guy who missed the winter, halloween and Valentines day stuff.
    Duped - Lvl 65 Mage
    Conanursan - Lvl 65 Bear
    Isniped - Lvl 65 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is all true. But something tells me the holiday items will be sold at various times every year, just as the holidays happen every year, lol. They just have to wait. But it's still obtainable. That was my point. Besides, collecting junk doesn't really have a social status associated with it, nor does it make your character more powerful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Asgaut View Post
    This is all true. But something tells me the holiday items will be sold at various times every year, just as the holidays happen every year, lol. They just have to wait. But it's still obtainable. That was my point. Besides, collecting junk doesn't really have a social status associated with it, nor does it make your character more powerful.
    Except the Founder's Helm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Makes perfect sense why shield lost its stats

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Frankly, I have not been all that impressed with STS since they moved to this new payment vector. Seems to me that they're jerking us all around with very little gratitude for our contributions to their success to this date.

I don't expect much, but an absolutely worthless shield with a bad color scheme isn't a "thank you", it's a... Well, it's something else.

in game name: GIMBOID lvl 66 Archer Yeah, I'm SRINGY, Get over it!
    Totally indifferent member of FAIL
    INHALE RAGE EXHALE VENGEANCE...THERE IS NO FNORD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I agree with Gaddy on this one. Why give an item and then make it a vanity item with no stats. I'm grateful to have been given one. But not so happy to find out that it's been stripped and given a vanity stat. I'm one who won't be wearing it very much now. Why not give all items like this status?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apostar View Post
    I agree with Gaddy on this one. Why give an item and then make it a vanity item with no stats. I'm grateful to have been given one. But not so happy to find out that it's been stripped and given a vanity stat. I'm one who won't be wearing it very much now. Why not give all items like this status?
    Because as evidenced by several threads with tons of comments, the people without them scream "not fair!" if they weren't around to get them or qualify for them. Not saying either way if it is fair or not, but it has been what's said in some way, shape or form.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

You know Moogerfooger, I can understand to a degree on this, but they weren't here for these unvielings. But those of us who were; should get someting for this now that; that door has been opened. When I found out that I wasn't getting the founders helmet, I was okay with it; mainly because I had my shield of gratitude with it's specs. Not a bad thank you. Sometimes things like this need to be an Oh Well!, can't take it back; or shouldn't. I realize I'm the voice of the minority on this one; I can live with that too. But why make it a pink; if your just going to make it a vanity item? Thank you for your answer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Asgaut View Post
    wich junk u mean? i would need the candy cane (winter festival pack)) for my lvl 10 mage.. i cant buy it anymore.. so all wich have it have an advantage i missed.. and i never complained..
    dunno if the same festivals with the same items will return...
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

wich junk u mean? i would need the candy cane (winter festival pack)) for my lvl 10 mage.. i cant buy it anymore.. so all wich have it have an advantage i missed.. and i never complained..
    dunno if the same festivals with the same items will return...
    Is the candy cane a vanity item with stats that you can equip on top of all other slots? I think its a weapon right? Not vanity, so totally different from vanity items.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jaggedlilpill View Post
    Is the candy cane a vanity item with stats that you can equip on top of all other slots? I think its a weapon right? Not vanity, so totally different from vanity items.
    yep it is a weapon... i didnt speak about a vanity item but a item in general wich i cant buy anymore even i would really like to have. all ppl wich bought for theyr twink have the this advantage
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If it's a vanity does that mean if we wear the shield we can't wear Big Luck even though it's a shield vanity??? I wasn't in game when it lost its stats and now the servers are down so I have no clue about this. But that would make me not want to wear it at least.
    Brotherhood / 兄弟盟 - A guild for 1337 players
    Doapsaint Level 55 Pure Dex Birdie | Supahsaint Level 15 Str/Dex Bear
    Progress to 56 |▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓|