Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Game Outage - 4/21 Please click here for info before posting, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I believe they will post it here and on FB.
    Brotherhood / 兄弟盟 - A guild for 1337 players
    Doapsaint Level 55 Pure Dex Birdie | Supahsaint Level 15 Str/Dex Bear
    Progress to 56 |▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓|

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think after 48 pages of posts, numerous Facebook posts, and other threads with more posts all that was said is enough. Blaming anyone at this point is not being helpful. For the most part this game is free so no one should be complaining. Nobody knows when servers will be fixed so we just have to wait.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DOAPSaint View Post
    hmmm...?

Why would he say that at all then?
    Also, he edited his post a few times to make it sound less like an accusation...
    it is true that sts shares responsibilities for our inability to access the game. take for example in a family you are a father to a kid. you are supporting your kid on his education fees by working in company XXX. one day company XXX encountered financial problem and have to close down, you became jobless, and eventually may encounter a hard time supporting your kid on his education fee. will you tell your kid its all company XXX fault and i am not responsible for it? and then who can be blamed? i think for all those who are already parents will understand this.

for the last quote you made, the above case study also relative to it.

as for why he post it, i have no idea.

for my point of view, blaming is not a very good thing to do.

i can even admit that i do have some grudges about their recent updates on pl and some of my post is kinda harsh and rude. but i continue to play (even though i did have plan to quit). why did i choose to play you may ask. its because i came to know that sts is responsible and responsive which i don't always see in other games' site/server.
    Last edited by Skyler84; 04-22-2011 at 04:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Look at the comments down the page. There a Sys Admin writing something. Can anybody translate it for me in understandable easy words?

http://eu.techcrunch.com/2011/04/21/...are-and-quora/
    Kulangath - 56 Evil Sorcerer -
    Gear: Ench Staff Set ** PvP rocks! Beginners are welcome **
    Max Potions: 9999 / 9999

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler84 View Post
    for my point of view, blaming is not a very good thing to do.
    I think we can at least blame them for creating such an awesome game =D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My little animals in the wild forests are missing me i hope my elf is taking good care of them!!! Pl i miss you!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They can't be responsible if it was out of their control, which it was.
    Doapsaint Level 55 Pure Dex Birdie | Supahsaint Level 15 Str/Dex Bear
    Progress to 56 |▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓|

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Some days i would be on pl till like 6 am and i though it got boring but now i never realized how much i could miss such a great game, spacetime ill wait this out patiently like you guys are thanks for making a great game!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've only seen a few blame STS probably because they did not read anything. These people need someone to blame, why not Amazon? That is the most logical choice, and it is their fault no matter what way you look at it. Just because it wasn't intentional does not mean they aren't to be blames. Man buys gun, child finds gun in his fathers closet, kid shoots himself. Who's fault is it? Man drives car, kid gets hit by car on accident, who's fault is it? Your iphone blows up in your face and you are now blind in both eyes and horribly disfigured, who's fault is it?
    Last edited by Yoshura; 04-22-2011 at 05:01 AM.

Yosharu 56 Bear, Yoshura 56 Bird, Aeryol 56 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Guys, I am not blaming anyone. I am talking about responsibility. I currently work for a company that is in the midst of deciding whether to use cloud computing, or to manage our own servers. Our customers won't care whether we're using Amazon cloud, or Microsoft cloud, or Google cloud, or Rackspace, or running servers in our basement. What they care about is 99.9% uptime of _our_ product, and it's our responsibility to deliver it. So I am just projecting some of my experience. Maybe it's not a fair comparison.

Whatever the case, I have no interest in casting blame. My goal was simply to contemplate the issues at hand, because they are interesting to me (and I hope I am not alone in this, otherwise I just bothered everyone for no good reason.)
    Last edited by mclark; 04-22-2011 at 05:19 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If they would have paid to spread info accross east cost and west cost servers , the crash wouldn't have happen. I understand why they didn't but that would have been the safe thing to do . As far as this being a "free" game. It has buyable content and there are ALOT of people who spend cash on it . Plat is not free after all lol . Before birthday all the maps cost as well with All the extras . I am just worried that the char info isn't backed up and alot of toons will be unleveled . Guess I'll just keep fingers crossed .... Lol .... Hope we are live soon . Gameing is a ruff addiction to break hahahaha.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

personally i will not blame sts and amazon for such thing to happen.

Reasons:
    Without amazon, a lot web service will not work. amazon is providing services for "companies" and we should always appreciate things like that. things will always happen no matter good or bad. when something bad happens, its not going to help by blaming them. we definitely have no power or knowledge to help them. so at the very least be supportive to them.

And for sts, they provide a game service like in this case Pocket Legends for us to play and enjoy. i don't blame them for this to happen because its not sts having the problem to the inaccessibility to server.

But as responsibilities:
    amazon held the bigger part of the responsibilities because they are the only one who can resolve the problem and they are trying very hard to do so.

while sts held the smaller part of the responsibilities because they are the provider of the game service and will have the most latest news well ahead of us. so at the very least, sts can keep us informed and which they did.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Economic issues could suggest STS to tie up servers in one zone only - Of course STS got enough assurances about the robustness of a cloud environment even in a single zone. Maybe this event will force Amazon to strenght its systems redundancy and recovery procedures, or to reduce the cost of a (proven) not enough reliable single zone service.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My friend just told me a very good statement. For all those who want to blame, don't blame sts or amazon but yourself. Because its your choice of choosing to play pl.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

What's wrong with Pocket Legends? Nothing. What's wrong with Amazon? A lot.
    Hello peeps

16.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #496
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Update 6:00 AM Central on 4/22 - Happy Earth Day! We've monitored through the night, but Pocket Legends remains down. We will let you know as soon as we have more input. In the meantime, here's some reading if you are interested: What We Can Learn From Amazon’s Cloud Collapse

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler84 View Post
    My friend just told me a very good statement. For all those who want to blame, don't blame sts or amazon but yourself. Because its your choice of choosing to play pl.
    Sorry to say, but you as well as your friend are just too naive and stupid. Guess that's how you two could be friend. LOL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@burgerdeel They did what?!?! Those dirty little....

@kaotiicxDream Strong statement. Care to provide support for it? Not to say PL isn't a great game, but I've seen plenty of people on here saying how they havent spent time with their family in a long time or have been neglecting their daily responsibilities until today because they're so addicted. Amazon gives me free 2 day shipping, and generally lists products cheaper than Wal-Mart. I can't really think of anything negative that has come my way from them before today.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts