Thread: Shed thee some light!!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Warriors damage sucks, (im warrior class) so solo warrior can be soooo slow in higher levels .... and as capeo says i focus on protecting the team and creating/controlling pulls rather than damage ... my focus is to look after the team ..... i never use the heal horn of renew for my own health, im using it to protect the team, whos little health bars i am watching equally as my own.
    If you got a team leader running ahead creating the pulls, then you shadow that player as close as you can and when they stop to set traps, charge proc, or whatever they plan to do, its at that precise moment you bubble em up and taunt mobs so they can do what the hell ever they are planning to do while protected. .

I use pots to heal myself, and pots for mana .... because i use pots for mana i put zero skill points in knowledge, and non of my gear has intelligence boosts ... every item of armour belts etc etc is strength and dexterity biased. IMHO warriors have no need for intelligence points at all, all intelligence gives is a mana boost ... and i can pot that .... so why waste skill points and armour boosts on it?

Skills .. Taunt is important in order to keep the mobs attention off mages and rogues so they can do the damage while you take the mobs hits. Your armour and health is the highest, so you can take the heat.
    So skills choice should be based on strength, health and taunt. So i use horn of renew with a taunt .. and Juggernaut for taunt and health armour boost. Remember you dont have to upgrade ALL 5 skills within each skill ... ie you could train Horn of review 1,3,4 and 5 only, and Juggernaut 1,2,4,5 etc etc until you have more skill points to allocate across different areas.

I use Skyward Smash (a must) as first aggressive skill .... but then it gets a bit cloudy. The other skills have booth positive and negative nuances:

Chest Splitter is a good second choice for all levels up to mausoleum, .. BUT in Mausloeum 5/6 that Chest Splitter skill is gonna push apart that carefully created mob pull ... ( we all know how important it is to keep that mob close and tight together right?, and the last thing you wanna do is push em all apart?!?!?!) so its not so good in the Mausoleum and Somberholt. So until you hit the mossy graveyard thingy id second choice Chest Splitter.

Axe pull is fantastic for getting the Boss's where you want em ... and this is really important in m5/6, BUT then Axe is absolute rubbish skill for large mob kills ... and in my opinion its better to have another skill at mobs and control boss position in other ways .. of which there are many.

So my second choice of aggressive skill in mausoleum is Windmill ... which is ok other than its cooldown is kinda slow and interferes with the use of other skills, like horn juggernaut etc ... it delays the use of the other skills, unlike the chest splitter which has a lot faster cooldown period. So you can find yourself desperately trying to bubble your team, but unable to because the friggin windmill is still in cooldown blocking all other skill use?!?!?
    Thus combination of skill use is important .... in mausoleum i will only use pots as i gather a nice big mob pull, then first charged horn of renew bubble the team when in position, then Juggernaut taunt, then finally use my aggressive skills as first point of mob contact.

So i run Skyward Smash, Windmill, Juggernaut, Horn of renew in Mausoleum.
    And Skyward Smash, Chest Splitter, Juggernaut, Horn of renew all other maps

As far as passives are concerned, my order of priority for warrior is:
    Might
    Agility
    Durable
    Damage
    Knowledge
    then anything.
    Theres been a fair amount of experimentation over these passive skills ... and for warrior critical shot, quickness and knowledge, are very low down on the list of necessity ... even the durable and damage skills seem to increase stats very minimally ...

So id fill Might 5 Agility 5 Durable 5 as priority .. then over to the skills section to allocate points, and return to the other passives later ... but then i am level 66 so all skills and passives are full.

Masteries seem to baffle the hell out of me and i think they are pretty useless for a warrior, so dont worry about training those till the very last

So ... final recap of point allocation priority for PVE warrior:

Might 5
    Agility 5
    Durable 5
    Skyward Smash 1,2,3
    Horn of Renew 1,2,3,4,5
    Windmill 1,2,3,4
    Juggernaut 1,2,5

Then fill out all the Skill points .... then go back to passives and fill out all the points .... and then fiddle with masteries ....

Of course if you are running the low level 1k elite boss kill aps mainly solo, you probably dont need Juggernaught, or Horn of renew for that matter, if you are high level and comfortable using pots for health .... so you could allocate all four aggressive skills to your thingy. And respec depending on what you are doing when ...

PVP build is not my bag ... i know nothing about it?!?!?

My low level pet knowledge is zero im afraid ... Nekro is king of pets for me .... or Glowstik .... or Magma depending on which maps i am running.
    Bestest weapon for warrior is still Glint Aegis 46 as far as im concerned .. that proc chews huge mob pulls. Specifically when combined with Magma pets AA ... when you time it right, and pull all the mobs into a little group, set Magma aa off and BOOOM the mobs explode ... great fun to watch. Though on a very important side line, Magma with Glint Aegis should NOT be used in the Mausoleum, as Magma aa gives you and your team damage from mobs, even if you have carefully use a taunt skill, then Magma ... which means if a little curse mage gets his chance to curse everyone its an instant whole team wipeout ... lol .... all dead @_@

Avaree in my opinion is one of the nicest, most helpful, most respected, and most well connected player in game ... so rattle her cage for info @_@ he he

Ermmmm .... yes a good, friendly, non drama guild is a must ... and youll find players to run maps within the guild a lot easier than if you are homeless ronin?!?!?!
    Dont worry about the maps all being a bit quiet at the moment, its just that everyone is focused on the event.

Other things to do is just run all the low level maps solo elite and start working on all the aps ... you can comfortably solo all those up to tindrin ... get all the boss kill aps both normal and elite.

If you having trouble finding a specific boss in a map ... or wanna have a spoiler on map layouts you can sneak peek at my thread on maps here:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...r-Cartographer

If you wanna see all the different armours for warrior then have a look at my armour thread:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-Arlor-Armoury

brp
    Last edited by Greoatef; 08-31-2017 at 10:11 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Greoatef For This Useful Post: