The easiest way to make or lose money is an sts nerf.

Back when awakening were introduced to belts, sts refunded all the awakening gems used by people who tried to awaken within the first couple hours or so of the release. Even though on forums it cleary said the correct awakens possible, sts felt like they owed people for incorrectly displaying possible awakens in the game itself. This outraged me, as many people who spent millions on awakening items and were able to get good awakens were able to sell there newly awakened items as well as get refunded all the elite awakening gems, giving them a huge profit. For the rest of us who chose not to awaken items or were unable to in the first couple hours, we got nothing.

This example of the lvl 2 arcane artifact, however, is much different. There was no comunication on the devs part that it was not supposed to be arcane. People spent and lost millions because of this, so where is the compensation now? Unlike the belt awakening example, I feel like some form of refund is deserved by the people who lost so much gold. Unfortunantly Im unsure what a "fair" amount would be without upsetting everyone. I know the sts team is busy but I feel like there needs to be a little more attention to detail when releasing new content. This event started off looking like it would be very fun but now I am just very disappointed.