Thread: Remove speed boost for samhain in pvp

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    Although you haven't said but these 'glitches' didn't come with new speed ring, those so called range glitches WERE ALWAYS THERE speed boost just AMPLIFIED those things. Some of those glitches aren't even glitch because they've been and can be used as tactical ways because of their precise nature.

Whereas some are actually glitches & annoying, for example sometime while get freezes / rooted you can see that the opponent & you both still can attack from whooping 20m+ distances and when you saw you successfully kitted a bear and safe on tree but next moment you noticed you teleported next to the bear the way if you was got pulled.

Now lets come to the example that you provided, It was absolutely always there and I know I've to deal with all the time on pvp specially because I'm on higher ping, ANYTIME i'm about to get iced/rooted/stunned but successfully kitted it or gone to tree successfully, next time I get teleported back in time and get freezed at the place I was like 2 sec ago or like 2-3m behind, that the example you provided, and it was since always. If somebody do tree hugging (circling the tree) with 50 ping and I try to catch him with significant higher ping, he is gonna have significant advantage because he is like few millisecond ahead in time than me, and that's everywhere, tree, ctf walls etc & not just tree & walls it's everywhere. Dealing with facts and act according with your limitation is and always was necessary.

THAT'S WHY I SAID, EVERY RANGE 'GLITCH' YOU SEE IS ACTUALLY GOT AMPLIFIED not was arrived for the first time, most of em are not glitch BECAUSE they can't be fixed, devs can't fixed em because it don't happen in realtime, It would happen only if everyone would be on server with literally zero ping and even more important due to their precise nature it always have been used as range tactic not as range glitch.

Speed ring comes with higher damage and cut off on HP and armor, much needed damage boost for 4pc set fights, The main point is, mostly we can deal with it, no problem if somebody don't know the reasons but experience teaches things. Turtle speed is boring this is fast paced, intense, I like it. I know few guys like chao always complaining but when he not, he complained about speed with rhino against my 4pc talon set bird, complains in 3-3 even his team get all the far more op class team format than opponent and blah blah.

Please Learn to deal with it, experience it learn it, next time act accordingly. It's possible and better for good ping guys, if ofc they know how to use it.
    I understand your thinking, however I respectfully disagree. My ping is typically 100-150, which is within the "green" ping range. Thus, I would assume that my ping indicates that I have a fairly good connection. This speed ring "amplifies" the effects of the range glitch so drastically that I am oftentimes over 18-20m away, and abilities that should not hit me based on what my screen indicates, are hitting.

With the game in this state, I would almost come to argue that it is almost unplayable. Being able to understand ranges is gone, and with dodge being a major factor in pvp due to the massive burst damage we are seeing from the new weapons, PvP has become a complete coin toss as to who wins. Typically, whoever dodges the first attack wins, which is not an environment where I could reasonably envision players "learning to deal with it, experience it, [and] next time act accordingly."

With this being said, I would presume that it is fair to assert that the speed ring is unbalanced due to the inability for the game to be played the way its design demands players to play. Additionally, I find it extremely hard to find a way to adapt to this situation given that my ping is not in serious need of improvement. Thus, I would propose that the game cannot be played properly, while even at a reasonable ping, with the speed ring available in PvP.

P.S. As for your argument about 4pc needing more damage, if anything, I would argue that the 4pc sets need a way to survive the burst of the Pure.Stat and Hemi weapons, not a way to try to do what the plat weapons do better.

As a brief side note, I am trying my best to make my point without being disrespectful, if at any point it comes across that way, I am sorry, as it was not my intent to be so.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Congeniality For This Useful Post: