Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Court of Alterra Launched!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

I know what a mediation service is? I suspect many people playing PL would too, and mediation better describes what your doing IMHO.

Is there a detailed process or any adherence guidelines for members? Or will this be on the web page. I'm just wondering what mandate amongst all guardians this service has, how many have signed up for this, how many members would look at each case, what possible outcomes could be expected from 'cases' heard by the court and who would have an overall say? Or is it less formal than this.

For the record up not be awkward but am thinking the court would need to explain much more for it to be fully respected amongst the community. The idea that the guardians are involved in this is amazing, but are they all involved and in what capacity?

Really looking forward to seeing how this, potentially, great service develops. A fantastic idea.

Well done.
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

So... how much to bribe the judge/mediator?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Depends on the situation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I'll play devil's advocate. Sorry, don't see the purpose of this unless you have the power to enforce a decision; until then most of the types of people involved in disputes like potential scammers and troublemakers don't care if they get judged against/scolded/pimpslapped by a Guardian or the community in the first place.

Anything that happens against the ToS or is illegal would be addressed by the devs anyway, like scams and whatnot.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 04-08-2011 at 11:42 AM.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I believe this is for things that happen between people that 1. are not against the TOS, but 2. both parties want an independent judge to review. It would then be a matter of seeking mutually accepted outcomes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Good point, Snake.

However, I think it seems kind of elitist that the GoA deem themselves worthy of settling a dispute, moreso than any other level-headed player. I have nothing against GoA, I know most of you guys and mad props to all of you...but that is the very first thing I thought of.

I'll just settle any differences/disputes on my own mano-a-mano, which is my style

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    However, I think it seems kind of elitist that the GoA deem themselves worthy of settling a dispute, moreso than any other level-headed player. I have nothing against GoA, I know most of you guys and mad props to all of you...but that is the very first thing I thought of.

I'll just settle any differences/disputes on my own mano-a-mano, which is my style
    That's actually what I thought too, which is why I suggested calling it mediation instead. I know if someone came up to me and said, "I'll be judge over this dispute," I'd tell him to take it elsewhere. But I might react a lot better if the message was, "let me act as an intermediary and see if I can get you and the other guy to talk out your differences."

Nobody is claiming that the Guardians are the only ones who can do this. In fact I'm sure we've all done it before for friends who were too upset with each other to even sit down and talk (and if you haven't, please tell me where this drama-free PL universe that you live in can be found - I'd like to move there )). Daniel was just offering to do it for people who might not have someone else willing to get involved into the dispute.
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Excellent points, Kalliele. However, if someone unasked for interceded into a dispute suggesting they should/could be a mediator/judge/whatever semantics you want to use, I would tell them where a short pier and a deep lake were It's one thing, however, if the service were there and people could voluntarily go there if they chose, that is a good way of looking at it. Many would choose not to, however....myself included.

OP could be re-worded to be a little less elitist-sounding (for lack of a better term that I can think of). I can think of several players right off the top of my head I would rather trust with a decision than some of the GoA who I don't know well, and it is implied (just my opinion) that the GoA are best equipped for mediation, when that is not necessarily always the case.

And on that note, at the risk of taking it too seriously and sounding pompus myself, I am shutting up with no further comment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Hey guys

Ok, let me address a some of the points:
    The "court" really is a mediation service, but I think the name "Court of Alterra" sound alot better than "Mediation Service of Alterra" lol

Ok, second. The court will not only be run by GoA's, I have already asked some people I know (and a couple of real life lawers) to be in the court.

Third. We don't have power over players, but we can help players solve their problems with each other, any cases that we recieve that are against the ToS, we will report imediatly to the devs.

And yes, I will work out te details and have the site out ASAP, I understand that this will not be respected until the court hears and solves some cases successfully, but I do believ that this has great potential.

Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

I'm neither a Guardian, nor a lawer. Dangit! However, I'm sure it would still be quite entertaining.
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Check out my case and give me your feedback.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Whirlzp read the first post for correct instructions.....

DanielRH/Guardians, if you're reading the above post, he is referring to...http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...one-ever-again...
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

I did read the instructions, however it is all on that other thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No offense to you..but we the people must also have confidence that said judge and jury are impartial also ;P
    *NOT IMPLYINGBTHEY AREN'T. Just satin*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DanielRH View Post
    I will be developing a site for people to submit their disputes, but until then, please private message me with the following details:

In game name:
    In game name of other party:
    Dispute description:

We will try to hear all cases ASAP!
    I would PM DanielRH directly, to remove this from any further public discussion. Continuing this in private would be the grown up and proper thing to do, and they would prob appreciate you follow the instructions.

Good Luck with it all....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice idea sounds great! Drama time.
    In game name: DarkElfX
    Class: Pure Int Mage
    Level: 26
    Guild: Brotherhood

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    I would PM DanielRH directly, to remove this from any further public discussion. Continuing this in private would be the grown up and proper thing to do, and they would prob appreciate you follow the instructions.

Good Luck with it all....
    Aww but I wanna watch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Aww but I wanna watch
    Just woke up to see this.... Made me chuckle.... lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

good idea thats why your a gaurdian

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Sounds like a valid case for this court IMO. I read all about it in the other threads. It feels a lot like taking the fun away from someone by being greedy. But, then again, there are always 2 sides to a story. I just think the court member should wake up and handle it

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!