Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I swear....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I completely agree that politeness goes a LONG WAY!
    Mages do sometimes get caught up in their own combos and miss a heal opportunity. A FRIENDLY reminder is never offensive, just keep it non demanding or you will likely notice even less healing than before the offensive demand.
    Friends list....stick to it and edit as needed....alleviates the problem!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I can understand this post very well, i too am a spam healer, what makes me want to tweek is when i spam heal and rez... The player does not fill their health upon rez, and is ignorant to the mages, i somtimes tell bears and birds heal! Lol lol, with the gcd the balance is off, i somtimes have to chhose heal vs a buff to live. I also have been in rooms where a tank or bird running with all mages starts in with spam heal.... Ummm... Out of all the charecters mages receive flack the most from players. Our job is not to play the game for others but support your play. To top this all off i have been in countless maps where the tank and bird wait for the mage to go before them into a room, and still holler spam... I can not tank, take out mobs spam heal and live lol... ( well we used to)

oh well some days being Super mage ....is fornthe bears.. Or birds.....
    IF YOU BELIEVE YOU WILL ACHIEVE.....
    Just lady..tigerizstar..mivida..ladyhadazza..ladyhadasa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LADYHADASSA View Post
    Out of all the charecters mages receive flack the most from players.
    Weeeeelllll....I don't know. I see tanks get a lot of flack and not much credit for what they do. My bird gets off easy--people just assume, "Bird. Crazy." and let it go at that (not that they're wrong, mind you). Mages seem to get more of it "in the moment" and tanks get it on the forum. :/
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi View Post
    Weeeeelllll....I don't know. I see tanks get a lot of flack and not much credit for what they do. My bird gets off easy--people just assume, "Bird. Crazy." and let it go at that (not that they're wrong, mind you). Mages seem to get more of it "in the moment" and tanks get it on the forum. :/
    I was under the impression bears got the most due to poor pulling and stomping seen especially at lower levels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i get told to "keep heal plz" so i just say pot and stand there, if someones gunna be rude and useless ill make thier deaths go up ZZZ.
    Icantspel - 55 Fury ;-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi View Post
    No, not as in "spouting obscenities"; as in, "making a solemn vow". The very next bear or bird who says the words "spam heal" at my mage.....grrrr. And it's only when we've gotten to the boss. Run an entire level, they haven't had to touch a heal pot because I've freaking *been* spamming heal all along and...."spam heal". I swear I'm gonna tell them in all seriousness, "And you make sure you smack (or shoot, for birds) the bad guy, okay? Because having survived this whole level doing just that, I know you're not smart enough to do it when we get to the boss unless I remind you."

Sort of like the mage the other day that told my bird very seriously, "You should use Thorn Wall so I can combo with it.". I'd *been* using TW; in fact it had just worn off from my last use of it when he told me that. Arrrgh. Anyone else being told the obvious? Or told to do something you're already doing?

Simple answer: You have heal button.. they dont. lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

I love bossy players. I find them hilarious. That's the part where I totally leave them behind. Like this one guy that kept yelling at me to resurrect him... while I was on my BIRD.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ladylove View Post
    I love bossy players. I find them hilarious. That's the part where I totally leave them behind. Like this one guy that kept yelling at me to resurrect him... while I was on my BIRD.
    lol. Last night Echelong and I were in a PUG where the party was 3 bears (one was my alt), a bird (Ech's alt) and a mage. Mage dies 2/3 of way through the board on a fire trap. Demands that we revive him. Gets mad and leaves when we "don't" revive him. I am still looking for that Bear and Bird revive button.

The players that are fussing about healing are the ones that are typically too cheap to buy health pots. On a typical night using my bird with a party made up of friends (meaning all are very experienced 55/56 level players) we may play for a couple hours and I can use 100-150 health pots. Some nights more if I am particularly reckless. I don't rely on the mage for my health boosts because it is nearly impossible for a mage to heal, buff, debuff, and combo effectively all at the same time. It costs me a tiny little amount of 1500-3000 in gold for those health pots (assuming I am too lazy to farm them for free). Don't get me wrong, the mages all heal non-stop most of the time, but that is the bonus, not the expectation. Too many players think that health pots are to be used as a last resort instead of a first line of defense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ladylove View Post
    Lol! Love that--do most of a run with 2 bears and 3 birds, one char dies and screams, "REZ ME!!!". Tell him, "Um...no mage." And he starts screaming that there is. INT birds, while fine, upstanding characters, do not magically get a "Revive" icon just because they're carrying a staff.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm