Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Are you happy with the current game state?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

From what I'm seeing you all say, the state of the economy hasn't really changed at all, only the bottom line has changed.

Arcane Fossils costing 40m and you're rich for having 1 mil is the same as Arcane Fossils costing 400m and you're rich for having 10mil.

We are always keeping an eye on the game economy and the gold inflow and planning/adjusting features around this (though apparently having a proc that just takes away your gold if you're holding over 1mil is a bad idea ).

One of the solutions I've seen other games do (and I would like to avoid if we can) is to just drastically increase the amount of gold every player has.

For example:
    Let's say right now 250mil means you're rich, and the average player can get to 5mil. One way to correct the economy would be to increase the gold inflow so that the average player has 500mil. That rich person who used to have 250mil now has 750mil, but 750mil compared to 505mil is less of an impact than 250mil compared to 5mil. The balance could be even further shifted if I used 1bil instead of 500mil as an example.

Again I'd rather take this approach because it would also mean all costs in the game would have to be drastically increased, but I've seen it done in other games.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VROOMIGoRealFast For This Useful Post: