Thread: Guild Events

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

Default Guild Events

As an active guild master I think this feature could be of particular benefit to all of the guild across arlor. What I propose is that within the guild tab there should be an option for guild event where the master can input a description as well as guild leaderboard, where if the master chooses to do so, they can host a giveaway/contest for their guild. Then for each player in the guild there can be an up/down counter which the guild mater can use to increase a members score. And additionally for the leaderboard the guild master can input the prizes in prior so that when the event ends all the winners immediately get their prizes in their stash.

I know this seems like a miscellaneous train of thought, so i think an example explains better

For example:

Lets say I wanted to host a guild recruiting event.

I would input a start and end date. In an event summary box like:
    Attention fellow guild mates! we are hosting a guild recruiting event! The top recruiters in the guild will have opportunities to win fantastic prizes! Event Ends on XXX Date!

(Then there could be an option to end a guild event at a specific date)

Then the guild master could fill the leaderboard with prizes (like putting things into a stash where the master wont be able to retrieve them anymore)

For example, 1st place I could slot an egg so that when the event ends, whoever is in first place will immediately get the egg in their stash.
    2nd place could slot gold, and 3rd place I could slot an arcane ring or something. And the winners would receive their prizes immediately upon completion of the event

As the event progresses I could keep watch of who recruits how many people and respectively up the score of each player who recruits.

Lets say player bob recruits 5 members to the guild. I can up their counter by 5 points and this will update on the leaderboard

This is probably very confusing lol xD i hope everyone approves of this idea, cuz I think it has the chance to make guilds more fun!
    PS guild leaderboard would only probably need 5-10 slots on it because its a guild and not all of arlor, so 50 slots wouldnt be necessary and i doubt most guild masters would be able to provide prizes ppl would be willing to farm for to 50 members :P

HOWEVER STS, please focus on expansion first ^_^
    Last edited by Spheresome; 06-11-2018 at 11:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

asked for this many times n just ingnored lol, don't think sts want it
    YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/marsu4u

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by marsu4u View Post
    dang it, i didnt know that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

I don't think these types of events have been requested before. What I have seen being requested is STS-hosted guild vs. guild events.

I actually think this is a nice idea.
    Mage 71: Dalledalle Warrior 66: Dallemanden

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Based on the frequence they update the guild lb on forum (section guilds) that was lastly updated on december 2016.....they don’t care that much on guilds.
    Couple of years ago there was a thread with guilds improvement ideas with great suggestions from community, can’t find it atm....I don’t even remember if battleground were implemented at the time.
    Just to say that I don’t see a lot of focus on guilds from Sts. Hope will change
    If there would be a competition for stupidity, I would be second. Cause I’m stupid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

I even made one a while back with many guild improvement suggestions but it was removed even though there was no salt in it. I think the devs are just more focused on other aspects of the game atm, hopefully they will get to guilds too eventually

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

I know me as a guild master I can't afford to do guild events it's a -1 for me let's just focus on the expansion for now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scarysmerf View Post
    I know me as a guild master I can't afford to do guild events it's a -1 for me let's just focus on the expansion for now.
    What if the system compensated for the rewards and GMs could add to them optionally?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

What if the system compensated for the rewards and GMs could add to them optionally?

Good idea, would probably be abused by people tho to get free rewards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Would be better to use line or the contest section, rather than need the devs to write code.
    Besides its a good idea to have guild members be active on forums

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Some problems are that if it would be a recruiting event as an example its really pointless since other guilds already have most players and the rest just want to be guildless, and it has to be a certain event like intellect or something like that because all i can see is lb players running lb again but only for guild event, also this event would/could be useful for a guild with an active master, not every guild will have an active master, maybe include officers too, there are officers for a reason

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Captain critic View Post
    Some problems are that if it would be a recruiting event as an example its really pointless since other guilds already have most players and the rest just want to be guildless, and it has to be a certain event like intellect or something like that because all i can see is lb players running lb again but only for guild event, also this event would/could be useful for a guild with an active master, not every guild will have an active master, maybe include officers too, there are officers for a reason
    i guess so, Guess i'll stick to counting the number of new members joined by hand xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spheresome View Post
    As an active guild master I think this feature could be of particular benefit to all of the guild across arlor. What I propose is that within the guild tab there should be an option for guild event where the master can input a description as well as guild leaderboard, where if the master chooses to do so, they can host a giveaway/contest for their guild. Then for each player in the guild there can be an up/down counter which the guild mater can use to increase a members score. And additionally for the leaderboard the guild master can input the prizes in prior so that when the event ends all the winners immediately get their prizes in their stash.

I know this seems like a miscellaneous train of thought, so i think an example explains better

For example:

Lets say I wanted to host a guild recruiting event.

I would input a start and end date. In an event summary box like:
    Attention fellow guild mates! we are hosting a guild recruiting event! The top recruiters in the guild will have opportunities to win fantastic prizes! Event Ends on XXX Date!

(Then there could be an option to end a guild event at a specific date)

Then the guild master could fill the leaderboard with prizes (like putting things into a stash where the master wont be able to retrieve them anymore)

For example, 1st place I could slot an egg so that when the event ends, whoever is in first place will immediately get the egg in their stash.
    2nd place could slot gold, and 3rd place I could slot an arcane ring or something. And the winners would receive their prizes immediately upon completion of the event

As the event progresses I could keep watch of who recruits how many people and respectively up the score of each player who recruits.

Lets say player bob recruits 5 members to the guild. I can up their counter by 5 points and this will update on the leaderboard

This is probably very confusing lol xD i hope everyone approves of this idea, cuz I think it has the chance to make guilds more fun!
    PS guild leaderboard would only probably need 5-10 slots on it because its a guild and not all of arlor, so 50 slots wouldnt be necessary and i doubt most guild masters would be able to provide prizes ppl would be willing to farm for to 50 members :P

HOWEVER STS, please focus on expansion first ^_^
    The stuff highlighted in red seems like it could lead to certain "problems"........

Just my "thought".................

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment