Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Arena of Honor - Special Gear. No Gear-swapping. No Enchantments.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Here are the ideas, some might be overwhelming to implement but that doesn't stop the ideas, because they are just ideas & only cinco knows which is easy to implement and which is not and which one is to save for latter events.

First off, thanks for the event, even with flaws I'm sure this is gonna be one of the best thing pl ever got specially if the map remains open after the event. I personally know many players who lost interest and inactive due to the fact that they find it so hard to get a set for pvp, that's overwhelming and why not, in current situation when you can download a MOBA and get into the action instantly then for some it's really overwhelming.

As for the prizes, I think there should be 1st, 2nd, 3rd prizes of just slight color variants of the prize (vanity or whatever it is) and why not it's competition but there could be tier based gold farming as well to keep motivated those players who thinks that they can't make it to the top so why even try. We don't know if it's kill number based or 'number of win match' based, if kill based then maybe 2k kills for 1st tier gold, 1k for 2nd tier and 500 for 3rd tier, just en example.

The second catch is to provide prizes to each individual class top scorer as well, this is gonna encourage ppl to use different classes, specially non popular classes so that for some it's chance to get to LB with fox, rhinoes and bear other than if it's kill based, players gonna use high damaging classes to get most kills.

As for the rules, I've something different than what we see but I'm gonna give it a shot, if we need to counter exploitation I think we need 2 things, one is to randomize as much things as possible and 2nd thing is to implement a short term match making ban (maybe 5-10 minute) OR minus 1/few point(s) if players leave a match without finishing it, becasue players gonna remake if things doesn't get what they want or what they want to exploit, at the same time, if someone stays dead, that player should get auto kicked after some time as there won't be any boot option for players. To randomize things, there gonna be a portal to enter, that should lead to auto join red or blue team, I mean players can't choose a team but then it's gonna be tricky to distribute players properly eg 2 tanks cant join same team etc I think it's getting complicated to implement so anything that make players conduct successful FFA.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Waug For This Useful Post: