Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Festerfang Expansion Guide

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slamdk View Post
    Lol didn’t know there were so many mage heaters in the game, just curious to see how many of them never asked for ds before inviting mages to maus and to see if they will be happy to take 1 hour to complete 1 run in m6. Strange i didn’t read anyone disappointed in rogues running with full str build and dragon daggers.
    Just to be clear i always used full int build and full int equip, my real hope is that spirits weap will have a usefull proc cause tainted weap’s proc seems useless to me.

Wildfire was already nerfed and if as you said immo don’t have % health dmg what’s there to nerf? Having a dmg based on stats only means your items are already capped.
    Imho having new weap with better procs will automatically bring people to use new weap, if we are still full of rogues running with drag daggers and wars using drag sword or glint aegis it’s cause they don’t find new proc good enough or don’t have 30m to spend for a terror blade.
    This is why i like the farming system for new spirit weapons, so few lucky people who looted good items can’t inflate their prices as they wish and once again i hope spirit’s proc will be usefull.
    Just few days and we’ll finally discover it
    I am playing as a mage since the beginning. DS/Flame/immo actually degraded the skills of the mages. The full str build was the worst thing ever happened to mages. Its not hate but pity that less people are actually aware how to play a support class and expect it to do play as burst dps.
    The same set of notion drives warriors to go no taunt skill build where as their main role should be to agro and tank, not damage.

Have you used the level 66 arcane/mythic procs? Wildfire proc (level 51) surpasses Charm proc (level 66 arcane staff) and Banish proc of immo staff (level 47) surpases Banish proc of (level 66 arcane gun). So your theory that having new weapons with better procs bring people to use it already failed last cap.

The main issue is that nerfing these weapons on stats is pointless. Mages are simply going to put all points on str and use any weapon they want from any level because the procs does not take main stat into consideration. Hence the proc of the weapons needs to be nerfed.

Wildfire proc was changed as so the proc wont stack infinite, but then the the damage output from 2nd and 3rd stack was increased to double. Hence dealing around same or more damage. I wont call it a nerf.

I am already playing as mage without DS on full int, its not much different if you have a good party. I dont mind spending a minute or two more on a boss fight. If you know the boss mechanics and use apo bombs for m6 bosses it doesn't take much time. DS was a shortcut, so I am happy with its nerf people will learn better and play the content as it was suppose to be.
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PsychoNuke For This Useful Post: