Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
The increased basic attack damage, as some mentioned, was meant to be the counter to lower skill damage and armor. Previously bows were the king and no one used daggers unless they had broken procs. It sounds like you're saying the increased skill damage is greater than the increase in basic attack damage. We can look at this and keep it in mind, just want to verify a few things.

1) Is it just the Skill Damage increase compared to the Basic Attack increase that you feel isn't balanced?
2) Does the lack of armor contribute to this feeling of daggers being the best? (The armor is a counter to the lack of range, but maybe this needs to be tuned down some)
3) Is this a PvP only thing or does the feeling exist in PvE as well?
Firstly, the armor bonus attributed to daggers during that change was on the basis that you need to be up close to enemies at all times. This is simply untrue, you can use all ranged skills while wielding a dagger.

Regarding bows previously being the king, they were because they simply had more damage than daggers, which was a mistake from the start. They were the obvious choice. Daggers should have had more damage from the beginning but not such a difference in damage as today.

My opinion on question 1 is if the skill damage of both weapon types were the same, bows would be an option even with the lower armor. If you were to remove this auto attack bonus and just buff the damage stats to be close but not on par (150-ish damage between them), I believe there would be more diversity in weapon type usage. Some would prefer being tanky with a 500-ish more raw armor bonus from a dagger, while others would prefer being more ranged with damage that still counts.

You need to take into account that you can use ranged skills (aimed shot, shadow storm shot, noxus bolt and ultimate aimed shot) while wielding a dagger (logically doesn't make sense but its possible). So forcing auto attack on a bow with all stats lower than a dagger is really just killing a weapon type.

My opinion on question 2 is I believe the armor bonus daggers have is correct in response to their weapon type and function but once again, you need to remember that you can use ranged skills with a dagger.

My opinion on question 3 is I believe its a problem in both areas.