Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: About time to close the damage gap between bows and daggers?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    Ok so the general thought I'm hearing is:

- If Bows were equal (or closer) to daggers in terms of their contribution to Skill Damage, there would be higher diversity in Rogues for bow/dagger users

Argument for Equal:
    - The Rogues who are using daggers aren't really staying up close they're using ranged skills so they just have more damage and higher armor
    - Setting up extra Armor (daggers) vs a Basic Attack you can use (bows) would be enough of a tradeoff
    - But the bonus damage for basic attacks would need to be removed to remain equal

Argument for Closer but not Equal:
    - If Dagger Rogues are choosing not to get close and use basic attacks, they should suffer some type of penalty (proc chance, basic damage)
    - Bows could keep their harder hitting basic attack (which increases their boss DPS even further compared to daggers in PvE)
    If we continue allowing daggers to use bow skills (which is fine with me) we should remove the auto attack damage bonus on bows and go back to days where daggers only had (if I remember correctly): more health, more crit, more dodge, more armor and more DPS than bows.

If we were to start this for level 71+ weapons, there shouldn't be a better choice in terms of spirit weapons anyway, they have the same proc. It would just be what suits your style.

Let's say, you give bows the same damage as daggers, I wouldn't mind a dagger having bonus health.
    Last edited by Perceval; 07-09-2018 at 01:03 PM.