Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Total combinations for enchants

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jensmage View Post
    Armors: 50,116 <------Correct value
    Shields: 47905 <------Correct value

Should the enchant system be left as is because the previous players have enchanted and spent quite a lot?
    Should some players buy plat and invest in these weapons and PL? Some will say no.
    The odds of receiving a high stat during the enchant event was high. Extremely high.

I recommend to buy plat and enchant :P
    Your method of solution doesnt match 95% of the communities. You seem to be continuing on the basis that you spend so much in game and get to dictate what everyone else has to do. Just because you decided to waste well over $8,000 or maybe more on enchants, doesnt mean you dictate what happens. You wasted $2,500 on your 71/70 gear alone and now because everyone agrees there are flaws in the system, you want to disagree. People are more then willing to pay for something that actually gets them somewhere instead of just throwing plat/gold into a black hole that basically spits something random back out.

Enchants definitely define fights especially if the enchants are putting you armor unbuffed at 1700 or more vs unenchanted wand set at ~1350. Dont forget the damage that most people go for on weapons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    Your method of solution doesnt match 95% of the communities. You seem to be continuing on the basis that you spend so much in game and get to dictate what everyone else has to do. Just because you decided to waste well over $8,000 or maybe more on enchants, doesnt mean you dictate what happens. You wasted $2,500 on your 71/70 gear alone and now because everyone agrees there are flaws in the system, you want to disagree. People are more then willing to pay for something that actually gets them somewhere instead of just throwing plat/gold into a black hole that basically spits something random back out.

Enchants definitely define fights especially if the enchants are putting you armor unbuffed at 1700 or more vs unenchanted wand set at ~1350. Dont forget the damage that most people go for on weapons.
    Its nice that you estimated 95% of the community support you. I am sure majority of the players want 1B in gold for free also. Why not ask for that? Good thing gold and enchant requires some effort in the game. Start another thread and request all players to receive 1B in gold for free to help the community because 99% want the gold.

Hard to say if people are willing to pay for something that actually gets them somewhere. Some will not spend on $$ on the game no matter what.

Is there a flaw in the system and how so? should the chances of receiving op enchant require 100 rolls? Do people still enchant after the Enchant Event? No point in enchanting because alot of the players have armor 200 plus with wand dmg 110.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jensmage View Post
    Its nice that you estimated 95% of the community support you. I am sure majority of the players want 1B in gold for free also. Why not ask for that? Good thing gold and enchant requires some effort in the game. Start another thread and request all players to receive 1B in gold for free to help the community because 99% want the gold.

Hard to say if people are willing to pay for something that actually gets them somewhere. Some will not spend on $$ on the game no matter what.

Is there a flaw in the system and how so? should the chances of receiving op enchant require 100 rolls? Do people still enchant after the Enchant Event? No point in enchanting because alot of the players have armor 200 plus with wand dmg 110.
    Thats a false equivalency. People asking for a fix on a system that relies on nothing but RNG and not the amount players spend is not how it should be run. The RNG for it has too many combinations of numbers to choose from and still doesnt garuntee that you dont get the same one. So for all anyone knows, you could get the same enchants 20 times in a row just because of the way the system works now. Comparing suggestions for fixing a broken system to people asking for 1billion gold isnt even the same thing. Nor is it even productive. Give some productive feedback and actual solutions to this other then "buy more plat" or more less say people should continue to waste more gold or plat to put into a broken system thats stacked against them.

I didnt specify the amount of people, but my basis was around the people that bought plat. A good amount of those people havent bought plat for a while.

Some people didnt have time to waste 32+hrs grinding the last event in 3 days just to get 1k gold/1 plat enchants. The main group of people who did, were those who wanted to pvp. Some people in the future might want to pvp and will need enchants for it. So we should just forget about people who may end up playing the game and want to venture out into different aspects of the game? The flaw that you ask about, is the RNG is flawed beyond belife. The numbers tell you how many combinations including repeats which are not prevented after you get them once. As i stated above, you could possibly get the same enchants 20 times in a row with this system. Although its highly unlikely, the system is still stacked against you. There are also a majority of enchants that no one wants or goes for. People are mainly going for hp/dmg/arm/dodge/crit on all the pieces they can enchant. That leaves all the random base dex/int/str + the groups of them still there. They make up the majority. These are not necessary as they just make the RNG worse.

I even thought about suggesting one of the enchants that Arcane Legends has. An enchant that increases gold by 10/20/30/40/50% on what i saw as armor/shield. Why not switch out the ones people arent after with those?

4.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #24
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,198 Posts

From this thread I take away: add a gold bonus.

Definitely something to think about.

Closed.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com