Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crowns of Persistence should be pink vanity items

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Crowns of Persistence should be pink vanity items

I know this has been discussed elsewhere, at least partially, but I'd like to propose that the Crowns of Persistence be converted to vanity pink items. This would allow hybrid builds to use the helm all the time, allow sets bonuses to be in effect while the crowns are equipped, and perhaps add a little stat bonus on top of a regular set.

What do you think?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Amen brutha!!!!

I do like the Crown's stats, but I hate not wearing it as it breaks up set bonuses, and I'd rather it be vanity overlay like the Shield of Gratitude than just sitting in my inventory.

EDIT (cuz Skavengr is right): I forgot that I use it on my bear build...just give it a dang set bonus already
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 04-29-2011 at 03:53 PM.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I agree maybe have the crown give some stats that help out with your current gear. Or at least be a vanity item.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Eh, I would rather have crown bonuses. I feel id never use my crown if it were vanity and id only use founder helm for stats. Id really prefer it to be kept the way it is with bonuses, but just my preference. I wouldn't be encouraged to hit 56 anymore if it were vanity, because it'd just be another vanity helm that I don't benefit from. Just my opinion Nice suggestion though.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

If it were vanity and had stats similar (or even better) than founders' helm it would encourage people to level up to 56 and perhaps even shush some of the people outraged at the decision to make the founders' helm exclusive to actual "founders" so it seems like the best solution to me. I have never worn the helm after I got it (and made this suggestion way back then) glad to see that now there is a place for it in the discussion.

Edit: I have been waiting on the promised crown sets, so I may reserve judgement after that addition, but currently I am on board with this suggestion.
    Last edited by Gluttony; 04-29-2011 at 02:54 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    If it were vanity and had stats similar (or even better) than founders' helm it would encourage people to level up to 56 and perhaps even shush some of the people outraged at the decision to make the founders' helm exclusive to actual "founders" so it seems like the best solution to me. I have never worn the helm after I got it (and made this suggestion way back then) glad to see that now there is a place for it in the discussion.

I have been waiting on the promised crown sets, so I may reserve judgement after that addition, but currently I am on board with this suggestion.
    Well said. I would like to keep it stats, Les also had a suggestion to half its stats and turn it into vanity, or something to that effect.

I would prefer Crown bonuses myself, but I have kind of given up hope on that one, and as a last ditch resort, I would take them as a vanity if there are not gonna be bonuses for it (sad face). Again, Crown bonuses would be the way to go winkwinknudgenudgemrsommersandcrazycinco.

It just looks too pimp to be gathering dust in a stash or inventory, after the time/energy put into getting it.

p.s. Gluttony, I crack up every time I see the quotes in your sig, and your actual sig pic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Even while I'm not 56 yet (hoping to get there in the weekend), I agree that it'd be turned into a vanity item. It actually is a vanity item of some sorts already IMO. I'd only wear it to look cool A bonus would be even better of course, given all the effort and dedication it takes to lvl all the way up to 56.

I never saw a reason to level to 56, other than bragging rights. If they'd just given a bit more incentive to get there, in the form of a decent reward like suggested in this thread, I'd probably be working hard now to get all my toons maxed out.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree ! I totally agree ! Make it a vanity with 5 defence and 5 damage like the founders helmet ! Or 10 def and 10 dam ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@gluttony

Dude .. Your sig made me laugh, a lot !! Omg it's so awesome !!

LOL U MAD ? XD XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    Eh, I would rather have crown bonuses. I feel id never use my crown if it were vanity and id only use founder helm for stats. Id really prefer it to be kept the way it is with bonuses, but just my preference. I wouldn't be encouraged to hit 56 anymore if it were vanity, because it'd just be another vanity helm that I don't benefit from. Just my opinion Nice suggestion though.
    Yes, but if it was a level 56 vanity with 5-10 defence and 5-10 damage ( a little bit like the founders ) it would be cool . No ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hayabusaz View Post
    Yes, but if it was a level 56 vanity with 5-10 defence and 5-10 damage ( a little bit like the founders ) it would be cool . No ?
    Didn't you just say that two posts earlier?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Id still prefer the bonuses. Just my opinion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    Id still prefer the bonuses. Just my opinion
    Oh well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

If it isn't going to be part of a set bonus then definately should just be a vanity. Never wear it now.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    Didn't you just say that two posts earlier?
    Yes sir! One post to state opinion, one post to give props to another player's sig (off topic and should have just been added to previous post as an edit) and another to quote a player (from nearly 30 min prior) and overstate previous post; totaling 3 posts in less than 5 min. Congratulations, you're an epic over poster, I bet you're a pro at Craigslisting!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It could be a vanity that had bonuses depending on the helm you choose. For example Bird set could have 2 crit 4 damage mage set could have 6 damage 2 armor and something like that. Small stats nothing to big though
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    Yes sir! One post to state opinion, one post to give props to another player's sig (off topic and should have just been added to previous post as an edit) and another to quote a player (from nearly 30 min prior) and overstate previous post; totaling 3 posts in less than 5 min. Congratulations, you're an epic over poster, I bet you're a pro at Craigslisting!
    man, calm down. I said that I love your sig and your crying again. omg.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

+Infinity
    /woot!
    AL : Blewe | Corrvus | Urrsus
    PL : Anichelith | Corrvus | Urrsus | Rrhino
    Member of Average Joes and C.O.T.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

man, calm down. I said that I love your sig and your crying again. omg.
    If there's one thing Gluttony will never be accused of, it's crying. I will be waiting nearby with my body armor on to see if he replies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

No. the crown is an essential part of my bears build. if they make it vanity that would also probably mean removing the stats from it. They just need to make crowns give set bonuses when used with other sets.
    Skavengr - lvl56 dual spec tank/bow bear, Alameina - lvl56 full mega int mage, MegaDooomer - lvl56 full custom dex bird

Skavenger - commando, Skavengr - engineer, MegaDooomer - operative
    Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    Your Int is only 1. You should not even be able to form words in your mouth lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    They're noobs, what do you expect.