Thread: Tapjoy bug on android

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Tapjoy bug on android

Alright so, I just got a droid x about a week ago. Everything has been good and what not. I been abusing tapjoy. I've racked up about 30 plat. Starting about yesterday tapjoy has quit working. Im not sure if its my phone, the server, or if I need to reinstall PL.

This is the page I get everytime I try and open the "earn free platnium" page

I also have a 4th gen ipod touch, and tapjoy runs fine on that.
    Any ideas?

For those of you on an android, im on a rooted droid x with the stock factory rom. I run task killer but I made sure that it doesn't touch pl.

Ideas?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well its been a few days and no one has replied. If a dev could please /close

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Suggestion- would you happen to have installed any ad-kill programs or any specific firewall/antivirus type of program on your phone that you installed after rooting it? I have one called "Ads Free" (root only) takes down most in-app advertisements by redirecting them to a non-existent address. For whatever reason I suppose it considered tapjoy somewhat of an advertisement because clicking on it takes you to a new screen. I had that problem before until I figured out that it was Ads- Free as the cause of it- in which case you can just revert your systems and files so you can log back on (and then turn it back on to resume its function).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

As Braluk said, it's probably an ad blocker. Almost any will do it.