Thread: Why doesn't the Blizzard Stick get more respect and worth more?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Every opinion deserves respect; if some of you feel more confortable with a toothprick machine-gun, why not? For a mage I do prefer weapons with a medium number of hits/sec (1.0 is the best, imho) with a decent base damage, because of the impact to skill. The following are DMG figures with my L55 mage, Sewers Queen Robe and Cowl, Lowman's Bracer, for Lev 6 Firestorm and Lightning skills:

Bizzard Stick of Fate (lev 50): Lightning 205-320. Firestorm 215-314
    Laser Wand of The Cosmos (lev 50): Lightning 231-347. Firestorm 241-340
    Mega Mage's Gem Star Wand (lev 55, for comparison): Lightning 249-364. Firestorm 258-358

As you can see, skill DMG with Laser Wand is 10% better than Blizzard. As a comparison, Lev 55 Mega Mage Star Wand adds only a further 6% to skill damage.

For checking the weapon own damage I went in AO3 Captive Audience and recorded a number of shots to blue aliens there (unbuffed). With Blizzard the damage was 50-63 every 0.5 sec, with Laser Wand 99-121 ever 1.0 sec. Same test on BS Bandit Boys Hideout, Bear-like mobs; Blizzard damage 48-60, Laser Wand 78-116.

In conclusion, for base level mobs in AO3 and BS the DMG added by character skill and gears is enough to overrun enemies armor, so that Blizzard Stick and Laser Wand perform almost the same (maybe different figures with a real lev 50 character?). The skill damage with Laser Wand is still 10% better, so I suggest to use this weapon in preference to the Blizzard Stick even for killing base mobs.
    Last edited by Tamino; 05-04-2011 at 05:07 AM.