Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
Hey folks,

we are also taking a look at the early game.

From your perspective, what are the most challenging things for new players? What are the most frustrating parts of the game that you have run into?

Thanks, and have a great weekend!
Hummmm.....

Not to overload the thread but, I think I have more to post........... The following are some things that kind of "stood out"...... Not being "funny", just sharing "opinion".... LOL........

1. Map Captivity: The "pre-endgame" maps are holding players hostage for way too long.... You get certain quests (like armor fragments, shimmering crystal, volatile stones, ETC.) and you have to repeat the maps too many times just to complete a simple "kill 20, 25, ETC."....... I ran rockhorn summit to complete the "shimmering crystal" quest and I ran the entire map, slaying salamanders left and right and only 3 - 4 counted towards the quest.... I ran a shuyal map, killed 3 armored enemies at once, and "nothing" towards the quest.... You run southern gates (normal), complete the "habiscus research" quest from slaying worms, you complete the "secure glintstone" quest (kill 3 bosses), and you still have to come back to finish the "volatile stones" quest..... It's like "C'mon man..... What the BLEEP.... *double face palm*.... LOL.......

Those early maps are too "irrelevant" (in comparison to endgame) and it seems the goal should be to get players to endgame "easily" or "faster" so that they can get to a point where they have invested a certain amount of "time" and are ready to invest "further"........ Seeing as that "pre-endgame" is basically a "solitude" situation, there is no point in having people (new players) run those maps thousands of times... It's easier when you are at a point where you have ALTs but, gold and pots are very scarce early on for new players.... New people need an easier "begin path".... Those maps need calibration (because you run solo a lot), and the quests need to be less stingy seeing as that the new peeps do not have heavy map activity like yesterday when those maps were the "only" maps to run.... No point in keeping people in those irrelevant maps forever... It's discouraging.... Make every kill count towards the quest is my hypothesis (pre-endgame maps)......... It's just, irritating..... LOL...... Today's devices are way too expensive to "rage smash" the way we used to do SNES and NES controllers (Grrrrr Contra, UN squadron, street fighter when the computer beats you with Dhalsim or Zangeif)........ LOL......

2. Seems the level of difficulty (in those early maps) is a bit "too excessive" for new players: I mean..... You run those early maps (early maps are those before "Glintstone Caverns and Underhaul") and it's like you can't even move.... Stun, stun, slow, freeze, knock back, ETC........ Have mercy........ This adds to the time spent in those irrelevant maps (in addition to kills not counting towards the quest), which is irritating....... The shadowmancers in shuyal "stun stacks" you (yes, their stuns stack, GRRRRRRRRRR), the ghost pirates in the mines LV.1 (OMG, stun, stun, stun...... Someone pass me an NES controller.... LOL....), for some reason, with a mage, his fireball attack (which is supposed to knockback and stun for 3.5 seconds) never works on the southern gates beetles...... No matter how much distance is between us, when I fire my "charged fireball" at those southern gates beetles, I hit them first, stun them, and there is a clear distance between us but, I still get stunned (someone pass me an NES controller, LOL....).......... There is a difference between "a challenge" and "something irritating"....... If I were new, this might just be too "strenuous" for me..........

3. XP leveling: You can insta level to 65 for 500 platinum..... Then grind yourself to death to get to LV.71....... There should be an option to get to at least LV.70 for say, 1000 plat....... After a new player has reach a level around "50" on their own, they would have gained enough experience and know how to have more than just a LV.65 insta level option (they may be tired of leveling at this point), the LV.70 for 1000 plat should be an included option...

4. Retrieve/collect quests: Another thing that may "discourage" new players is the inability to collect/gather quest items from maps that other players have already began running (Hot, hot, hot, dead lights, whole grains, ETC.)..... Sometimes you enter a map, other players are already midway or are just running in all types of odd directions and breaking the party up, and you cannot collect the lava rocks or the dead lights because the other players have already gathered them..... Each player should be able to gather, no matter if someone else already gathered.... For a new player, with maps already being dead and difficult, the last thing I would want is to have to leave the map and wait for a reset just to complete a quest that I was already committed to..... We all need to be able to gather, no matter what.......

5. Arlor NPC quest helper: I already mentioned quests before, so I will not elaborate on that.... Just seems it would be helpful if there was like some sort of NPC quest guide included in the game for new "and" vet players (LOL) to interact with to let you know which is the next quest you have to complete 'before" you complete another, "like the under siege quest".... LOL........

Just opinion based on "observation/experience"....... LOL.......