Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: My Outlook on the Elixirs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i agree bring back the elixers to gold...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

i leveled my bird (56) and my mage(55 and 81k Xp) almost without xp pots. i dont want them back. everyone has enought time to grind to 55 and 56 should be just for hardcore players, its not a "must" to grind to 56.
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Strongly agree!!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DJMdivine View Post
    I will admit maybe I over exaggerated on the "most(but not all)" on accident, but to tell ya the truth I really don't approve of level 56's disapproving to bringing pots back for gold as they did have the chance so should everyone else. Not a fan of digging through other threads either just to find one comment to prove a point when it can be found in suggestions or discussion.
    Hey DJMdivine,

I don't disapprove and I'd be be happy to run BS laps yah again! It just takes A LOT of patience (I ran 50K on my bear post-GCD, and mostly pot-free with my other characters in the past; I peferred to save the money on better gear instead) but I do understand not everyone can devote as much time.
    AL : Blewe | Corrvus | Urrsus
    PL : Anichelith | Corrvus | Urrsus | Rrhino
    Member of Average Joes and C.O.T.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

@davidis - The reason people are making threads about it now is cause we havent heard anything or nothing has been done about it in 3 weeks. I for one want to reach 56 and claim a crown before the next campaign and its removed and I want to have the same treatment as everyone who reached 56 has gotten and everyone else should as well. Sitting here not saying anything for weeks does not solve any problems at all and i wouldnt mind putting elixirs in until the next campaign comes out then switching it back to platinum. - No I dont want to look as if im complaining to the devs all im asking is if they could make a more hasty decision or at least inform the community on whats on thiers minds about the subject that is all.
    It is likely that the removal of gold-for-elixers is to keep you from doing just that.
    You should take it personally.

Kidding about that last line...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bring back at least 2x elixirs for gold. I'd rather be at the level cap than use gold for a piece of gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If they do bring back one option of elixirs for gold, it should be the 2x and it should also cost relative to your level. Higher lvl using it= higher cost. The same model that is used in CS when you list an expensive item to sell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Hey yo , i cant understand u guys, the devs made the main spine free , which was their biggest income and now you want elexiers for free? Then everything what was main income is free ! That wouldnt work because the devs need the money to pay for the servers etc. So just leave it like it is

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

@Deadsoldiers - I bought every last campaign map since I started playing around the time of the release of the second campaign of Alien oasis. Ive completed every quest up until now excluding 56 quests, I have never been power leveled, as DJMdivine is my only real character I use, I have used 2x pots for 20k of my exp (have only used 2x pots) and I have grinded another 20k exp alone without which has been making it frustrating. If you want to bring up the main spine all I can say is it was NEVER MEANT to be free forever at all only for a short period of time, no I have never even thought of wanting any platinum refund back for it at all cause I WAS and still AM happy for purchasing each and every campaign.

@Neko - Yes, that would be nice, but I have school and some serious exams coming up as I tend to sleep more than play games. Though you don't disapprove I still get your drift as even though either way it takes a lot of time and patience.
    -Pocket Legends ~ DJMdivine - Level 74 Full Dex Bird.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

@Neko - Yes, that would be nice, but I have school and some serious exams coming up as I tend to sleep more than play games. Though you don't disapprove I still get your drift as even though either way it takes a lot of time and patience.
    Look me up in game when you're done! All the best with your exams!
    AL : Blewe | Corrvus | Urrsus
    PL : Anichelith | Corrvus | Urrsus | Rrhino
    Member of Average Joes and C.O.T.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I'll post the same thing here I post everywhere.

Leeching is gone. Having to boot lowbies is gone. Pay-to-run is gone. Being forced to use pots is gone.

A new player can get all the way to level cap without EVER spending plat. People are making friends of the same level. They will all level together and be friends for a long time. People are getting drops they can use. This is the way the game was meant to be played.

Elixirs are not necessary. Power levelling is a luxury. You already get 2 xp when the threat level is red. If you want four xp per kill, it costs plat. This seems fair to me. Same for tanking and damage pots. Theoretically you can beat the boss without them.

So a whole lot of good things come out of this change. What's the price? Who's counting? This is a good thing.

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #32
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post

Leeching is gone. Having to boot lowbies is gone. Pay-to-run is gone. Being forced to use pots is gone.

A new player can get all the way to level cap without EVER spending plat. People are making friends of the same level. They will all level together and be friends for a long time. People are getting drops they can use. This is the way the game was meant to be played.

Elixirs are not necessary. Power levelling is a luxury. You already get 2 xp when the threat level is red. If you want four xp per kill, it costs plat. This seems fair to me. Same for tanking and damage pots. Theoretically you can beat the boss without them.

So a whole lot of good things come out of this change. What's the price? Who's counting? This is a good thing.
    We like how you think, Snakespeare.

13.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #33
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Also, the team isn't done with elixir pricing and functionality. We know that, for example, the fact that an elixir goes away when you die or leave the dungeon is not the best. Changes to the system will be coming - but they can never come fast enough for everyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I leveled my 3 "mains" to 45 and 10+ alts, including a few 20s and a 30 (they're xp frozen) without elixirs. If there were elixirs back then, I did not notice them, but if I remember correctly, xp elixirs came about the time of Ao3?

I leveled my mains to 50 pretty much without elixirs. Yes, I tried the shield/damage ones because they became available, but xp elixirs -- nope, did not use them. Did not need them. Leveling was already so fast; xp elixirs would have meant I'd miss an area before I'd get a chance to play in it.

I leveled one character to 55, also pretty much without elixirs, because again, leveling was so fast, it wasn't necessary. I usually run in full groups and the xp just piles up.

Then I ran out of playing time :P but that still doesn't prevent me from leveling some alts (trying to reposition a few and level up some more alts), also without xp elixirs.

Wow, I could have sworn there was leveling BEFORE they came up with any elixirs at all.... or maybe I was just too cheap to use them? Find friends, get in full groups for the increased speed and the xp bonus.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

@Samhayne - Thanks for taking the time to reading and posting on my thread in giving me and the community an update or response. For now I think everyone can cool their jets and wait cause I for one don't want it to be a rushed update at all to the point everyone starts complaining again for no reason at all. *Suggestion* - Yes, we do want some of the elixirs to cost gold not all of them, that we already know and have decided on, but the ones that we want to cost gold can also cost platinum as well if people don't want to spend their gold so that can be put into thought to. Randomly ran into Justg to right after I got off forums and I am glad you guys are talking about it. ^.^

@Fyrce - I started playing around when Ao1 or Ao2 came out, but it took me a month or two before I hit 40 and that was around the time Ao3 came out and I started using 2x pots at around 46-47 for the first time doing crush the keeper. I never really had any friends up until Balefort Sewers either as I did not like to type as I am used to it now and never had a successful party to do fast runs. Yes, there was the occasional random team that did quite well, but rather than that I started using pots and stuck with it instead and back then I never knew a full team would bring in more exp either. Same with forums is that I had a forum account, but only came on to read up on stuff about the game and what others were thinking about the game never wanted to post cause I always thought that I would get rejected by the community in a way because of my in game level at the time and nobody knew me.
    Last edited by DJMdivine; 05-05-2011 at 07:16 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Can't wait to see how it's resolved

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Justg stated in game that some elixirs will be brought back, the cheaper, low end elixirs will be available for gold. The other higher end ones will remain plat purchasable but will have an upgraded time limit (I'm guessing like, one hour), and they will last your through a map/dungeon. Can't say if he said if they would last through deaths and whatnot. I find this way to be a lot better tbh. Makes everybody happy. REALLY looking forward to the long lasting elixirs. Definitely plat-justifiable.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel View Post
    Justg stated in game that some elixirs will be brought back, the cheaper, low end elixirs will be available for gold. The other higher end ones will remain plat purchasable but will have an upgraded time limit (I'm guessing like, one hour), and they will last your through a map/dungeon. Can't say if he said if they would last through deaths and whatnot. I find this way to be a lot better tbh. Makes everybody happy. REALLY looking forward to the long lasting elixirs. Definitely plat-justifiable.
    It'll certainly make teamwork even more important so plat doesn't go to waste.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel View Post
    Hey if the high end elixirs last long enough like what you have guessed range, that would not be a bad idea at all and I can see constant profit off of that no doubt. I like this aspect of the community when minds come together and make new ideas that none of us would have ever even thought of.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post

wow, full agree!
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....