Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: My Outlook on the Elixirs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

You don't need that many friends to join full-ish playing groups.

I figured out Join Group and always favored fuller groups to less full ones. This was also before portals. So I would join a group with 4 members before I'd joiin one with 3. I also favored higher level groups, so I'd join one with high level 30 before one with high level 20. This was also before drop scaling.

I did start getting invited to places I think about level 20s. I'm not sure about before.

I also noticed that other people like to join games and I'm guessing I must look inviting because most times, if it's just me or me and one other, others will join and before too long, we're a full group. I don't know if you have to talk that much to find friends. I mostly see "Yo" and "Hello" at join, but not much more. Obviosuly if the group is running a specific way (skip blah blah for example), then someone ought to say so. So far my experience with Sandstone Caves is the same: I start a game or join one and others join up. It's pretty quick.

I also favor polite groups to ones interested just in xp. So like last night, I left a group that was running quite well, but the host was booting low levels and then booting high levels to wait for a friend who took a long time to show up -- Actually never showed up while I was there. I joined a different random group and some people from the previous group joined me.

I then ran with that group until the maker left; then I ran with another group (again several of us ended up together again) before I had to quit.

At each random group, I'll do a few runs. If it goes well, I friend all members. Again, same experience with Sandstone Caves. Random PUGs always result in friends.

The end result is that unless I choose, it's almost always pretty easy to find a group that is either full or ends up full. And as a general rule, people stick to a game that's going well. They might leave for RL reasons, but they'll follow level to level if it's going well.

I'm sure I've also said I like polite groups better, so we'll wait for a late arrival before doing boss and gratz each other for pinks, etc. It's just friendlier and more fun. I think we also favor smarter players, so like ones that split to clean up trash mobs quicker, for example. Not too much split, not too far apart, and certainly not if you can't handle it in the split or solo, but where it helps the group.

So you can totally find quick xp in PUGs.
    Last edited by Fyrce; 05-06-2011 at 06:29 AM.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mejslll View Post
    if you get 30% more xp in full groups does the addition of elixer add on top of the full group bonus?

and has there been an up date on gold for witch elixers yet?

any body know any aswer to the first or second question

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yes

no

/devsneedtochangethetencharactersrule

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I've been using elixrs / spending money, because I'm afraid the new lvl cap update will take place before I get to 56 - this game has burned me more than once by "moving the goalposts back" before any reasonable player (ie: ME) can attain the goals...

If I just have to spend some cash, so be it - I DO NOT WANT TO MISS OUT THIS TIME...

in game name: GIMBOID lvl 66 Archer Yeah, I'm SRINGY, Get over it!
    Totally indifferent member of FAIL
    INHALE RAGE EXHALE VENGEANCE...THERE IS NO FNORD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

If u have little luck u can get in 55-56 a few pinks then you got your money back
    Daantjeh LVL 71 Bird | MageProdigy LVL 66 Mage | Prototypee LVL 65 Bear | Weapon Proc+Skill Combo's Guide | Guide When to use which emote! | All in one Guide for the Best PvE Ratio (Archer) |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daantjeh1 View Post
    If u have little luck u can get in 55-56 a few pinks then you got your money back
    Thanks! lol! I'm not sweating it. I don't play any other MMOs or console games, so the ¢a$h I spend on PL is money well spent, IMO. I just wish it more felt like the needs/desires of middle skilled/invested players, like myself, were better listened to by the devs.

in game name: GIMBOID lvl 66 Archer Yeah, I'm SRINGY, Get over it!
    Totally indifferent member of FAIL
    INHALE RAGE EXHALE VENGEANCE...THERE IS NO FNORD