Thread: being able to change your character type

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Default being able to change your character type

i just had an idea about being able to change the type of your character for a certain amount of platinum.
    i'm sure somebody has probably posted about this before but mine might be different.
    i think it would be a great idea to be able to change the type of character you are using for lets say 100 platinum.
    i think it would be fun for a lot of players and a chance for the devs to make a little extra money.
    yes i understand it is unrealistic but hey we are playing a game with magical elfs and other things that make make this game very unrealistic.
    please leave comments on what you think about this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grenadiers View Post
    i just had an idea about being able to change the type of your character for a certain amount of platinum.
    i'm sure somebody has probably posted about this before but mine might be different.
    i think it would be a great idea to be able to change the type of character you are using for lets say 100 platinum.
    i think it would be fun for a lot of players and a chance for the devs to make a little extra money.
    yes i understand it is unrealistic but hey we are playing a game with magical elfs and other things that make make this game very unrealistic.
    please leave comments on what you think about this.
    i like the idea grenade, but isnt this wat we have other toons for?

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

I can see it as an opportunity to make money, but don't really like the idea too much to be honest. Don't we have enough high lvl peeps who don't understand their char very well already? I only see it becoming waaaaay worse when this option would exist. This is just my opinion about it, of course

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy View Post
    i like the idea grenade, but isnt this wat we have other toons for?
    yeah but if someone didn't want to spend the time to level up that character it would be easier to just change character type of their main.
    it takes a lot longer to level up now that elixirs cost platinum and from what i here not a lot of people buy elixirs now due to that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

I like the idea. It's been suggested a good amount of time, but its not a bad idea. I think it'd be cool to have when and if they add a new class.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    I can see it as an opportunity to make money, but don't really like the idea too much to be honest. Don't we have enough high lvl peeps who don't understand their char very well already? I only see it becoming waaaaay worse when this option would exist. This is just my opinion about it, of course
    yeah there would probably be a lot of people that do not understand the role of their character, but it would also give a lot of people the opportunity to figure out which character they like the best.
    in my opinion they would get a way better feel for the toon if it was the same level as the toon they switched from.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Lol that is what rerolling is for......as you should know ou did it like 20 times today
    POCKET LEGENDS MEABEGITAG - LVL 36 HOTELOSCAR - LVL 21
    DARK LEGENDS THELONEVAMPIR - LVL 17

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Meabegitag View Post
    Lol that is what rerolling is for......as you should know ou did it like 20 times today
    lol yeah but you dont get the skills that come with the character when you respec your stats

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

no real point IMO

if you want to play another class, better off making another character. that way, you can go back and forth between both classes too.

as for if and when a new class comes out... why skip all the intro levels?? i dont want to be (for example) trying to figure out combos for the first time at goldfever...
    whole point of the leveling system and the slow introduction of skills is to get you accustomed to playing styles and new powers.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

If you're talking about changing from an elf to a bird or something like that then I'm against this. We'll just have even more people who are willing to spend real money instead of leveling the class properly to learn how to play it correctly. It'll be just as bad as power leveling. Good suggestion though.
    Stuck in the game? Don't know what to do? Try this new awesome section on the forums which contains guides created by players to address various game issues. Click HERE to go to it! You can also use the nifty SEARCH feature on these forums to find your answer as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrilana View Post
    It'll be just as bad as power leveling. Good suggestion though.
    BEFORE anyone says anything and we have confusion, it doesn't mean it is powerleveling, just that it gives the same outcome: a bird/bear/mage with no idea how to play
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    BEFORE anyone says anything and we have confusion, it doesn't mean it is powerleveling, just that it gives the same outcome: a bird/bear/mage with no idea how to play
    Yeah that's what I meant. Thanks for clarifying that
    Stuck in the game? Don't know what to do? Try this new awesome section on the forums which contains guides created by players to address various game issues. Click HERE to go to it! You can also use the nifty SEARCH feature on these forums to find your answer as well.