Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Lag is making the game non playable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Yeah today my ping was around 250 then i was disconnected! That happened 5 times , i was about stop playing (to see if it gets better in a few hours )it but then i didnt got disconnected only my ping raised from 250 to 32k and them back down them it raised again and so on.

2.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #22
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hey gang,

We're sorry to hear you're having trouble getting a stable connection. Usually, a high ping is indicative of an unstable internet connection. First, you can try just playing 3G. If you don't have a problem, and you do with Wifi, try another internet connection (friends house, coffee shop, etc.) to isolate the problem.

Also, check out this thread about lag and background apps with push notifications. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...isconnects-etc.

If you’re running on the iOS, you can kill background apps if you're running iOS 4.1 by double-tapping home, tap-hold on the app icon until the minus sign appears, and then tap the minus sign to turn it off. Tap home to return to the springboard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey gang,

We're sorry to hear you're having trouble getting a stable connection. Usually, a high ping is indicative of an unstable internet connection. First, you can try just playing 3G. If you don't have a problem, and you do with Wifi, try another internet connection (friends house, coffee shop, etc.) to isolate the problem.

Also, check out this thread about lag and background apps with push notifications. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...isconnects-etc.

If you’re running on the iOS, you can kill background apps if you're running iOS 4.1 by double-tapping home, tap-hold on the app icon until the minus sign appears, and then tap the minus sign to turn it off. Tap home to return to the springboard.
    Also on android you can kill background apps
    install astro this program has a task killer built in and you dont need root.
    i play on 3g with 2 bars signal with almost no lagg.
    i find that if my internet gets stuck turn airplane mode on then off to reset it.
    Tupaclegend lvl 62 Warrior
    proud member of C.O.T

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I still have ping spikes on occasion but I used to have them pretty bad. The fix I had was to disable the option "Auto WCDMA/GSM" under Mobile Network Band of my Network settings of my phone to just "WCDMA Only". Basically it forces your phone to never search for other bands (Edge specifically) so there is never any latency if your 3g dips slightly dips below a certain speed".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Sorry, I find this sort of humorous since the idea of limiting GCD was to prevent lag.....oh well, I run with no apps running on either of my iPads and am a network technician with all unnecessary traffic cut but still having lag issues. It seems as like it's reporting less than what it really is.....kinda wonder if icmp is what is being reported but the other communication are being metered/regulated.
    Last edited by Rusalio; 05-14-2011 at 12:43 AM.
    Rusalio~Lvl 75 Tank|Dexalio~Lvl 75 Archer|MaGalio~Lvl 76 Mage|[COLOR="red"]| plus 100 more...Minds are like parachutes, they only function when open.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

I've been experiencing lag too. I'm certain that I haven't enabled any background apps or the like over this period, as I haven't installed any new apps on my phone. Not sure about everyone else though. My home internet has been slower, but I've played on campus and the internet there has been rock solid, yet I still get lag. I think that the problem may be on the server end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im lucky to even get any lower than 700 ping.
    Jesma - LVL 53 Mage
    Tempestorz - LVL 51 Bird
    Gardestrike - LVL 35 Voodoo Mage
    Mezmizer - LVL 33 Bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thugimmortal View Post
    Also on android you can kill background apps
    install astro this program has a task killer built in and you dont need root.
    i play on 3g with 2 bars signal with almost no lagg.
    i find that if my internet gets stuck turn airplane mode on then off to reset it.
    You can actually do that without an additional app. On your home screen hit your menu button, then "settings". Go to "applications", at the top of the screen you should see four options, hit the one for "running apps". After hitting that, hit an app and there will be an option to force close.
    Skavengr - lvl56 dual spec tank/bow bear, Alameina - lvl56 full mega int mage, MegaDooomer - lvl56 full custom dex bird

Skavenger - commando, Skavengr - engineer, MegaDooomer - operative
    Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    Your Int is only 1. You should not even be able to form words in your mouth lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    They're noobs, what do you expect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a samsung epic and play on 4g and seem to have no problems, only when I play on 3g is there laf for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

on android, download and install juicedefender. use the widget and disable date (that is data on 3g only). use wifi, and I get a standard ping of 99 on my wifi, and half of the wifi bar is filled. Juicedefender works wonders

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

me too my ping was usually between 36-96 now its 120-500 my internet speed its 56 mbps, and on 4g network its worse!!!!! its between 306-1500
    Last edited by Cabezon8705; 05-14-2011 at 05:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Yes its been very bad for me as well especially in pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Best thing I did was disable push notifications, that made a noticeable difference, but I pretty well always assume when their is high ping it's my fault because of some connection issue of unknown origin
    Duped - Lvl 65 Mage
    Conanursan - Lvl 65 Bear
    Isniped - Lvl 65 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm happy someone started this thread; for a long time I thought that it was my connection too. But not now. I had terrible lag last night and it was random. My ping count got up to over 90k and then back down to 300k. Did not enjoy playing. Had to inform others and apologize that I was about to ping out. Later it just simple pinged me out when I reached a little over 100k; this happened 5 times. I had it after this time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My ping jumped to 40k when I could move again the party was way ahead of me. Last thing I did was cast lightning the mobs laid at my feet and everyone was gone.
    Timbabird lvl 55 Oldsillymage lvl 50+

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lag...

I was trying the get no deaths. I am still low level, 26, and as unrealistic of a goal as it is we humans will always try. Was at 3500 kills, no deaths. On my iPhone my left thumb covers the ping time when I am moving. I was going through a dungeon and wondering, "where are all the mobs? I've not cleared this area yet". I looked at my ping and it was 25K. I immediately selected the map to go back to town. I guess I was killed because I had one death. Haha, dead, but not dead yet. Gotta love it.

With these lag spikes attempting to get no deaths will take more skill, patiences, and work then you think

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No lag here. 90-100 ping always.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

my pinghas still been going pretty high its crazy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    Lag was really bad last night. I had to quit 3 or 4 runs because my ping climbed to over 50k.
    Mine Was just as bad is there some kinda of issue? it never goes below 1k now its unplayable plz any info or advice would help