Thread: Do you want Guild LB to continue?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Overgrown View Post
    Restrictions filters the disciplined and pro to the newbies, imagine what a stress of always being begged for gold and help, just leave alone the LB
    Having restrictions or recruitment policies on what kind of players you like to recruit has nothing to do with Guild LB, it has to do with what kind of guild you like to make. Also you are implying that all newbies beg for gold, which is not true.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalmony View Post
    I get what you're saying...
    "Pro"....
    ....But they'll be the only pro there and will have sacrifices the ability to put together a quality guild farming party with any regularity.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
    I know people being carried since the start of the game irrespective of which level cap and there are many threads on this forum to prove it. Understand carry doesn't only mean a old player helping a new player run a map, carry can be helping a non/under geared player to get the Timed run, helping a high latency player get arena LB or carrying a mages to Temple LB.

Also, "Pro" in a game is defined by the knowledge and ability of a player to play their class, "numbers" can help but they arent benchmark. It only takes a week to get 20k APs and 100k kills, which are the kind of players top guilds recruit, would you call them Pro? Similarly I (and I am sure you as well) know many warriors who been playing for 6 years but still don't know what Taunt means and how aggro works, what should we call them? I chose to ignore most of this because AL is a casual game

My point is really that it's not a failing if a GM want a to make a certain type of guild and entry is restricted to ensure that. Would you join a PVP guild where when you said J, nobody ever came? Or where the people join but are consistently bad PVPers?
    What you are saying happens in a guild where people are recruited based on numbers.

On the other hand Purge (Guild) is a good example of what happens when a GM wants to make a PvP guild with restricted entry (without thinking of LB) where most who joins like to PvP do go to PvP when someone says J. So you see even in the current game there are exceptions, people who are making the right kind of guilds.

Sure its a fail of a system but the above example means its a fail of a GM as well.

GMs do what they can to keep their guildies happy and the guild functioning to it's purpose.
    That's nothing to do with a guild lb however - that serves no purposes but people's ego. It's just that removing it won't, imho, remove these barriers for new players.
    Well, we will only know if change is good or bad once we have it. I agree, remove it, let new players have a new and good start.

(Wanted to +Rep for taking time to write such a long post but its saying I cant again. Ty.)
    Last edited by Genius; 09-27-2019 at 07:24 AM. Reason: ate few words xD I'm hungry