Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Client 1.7.2 has been approved!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

well i just dont see this 50 plat price. When we were told that you guys understood that a name represents who we are in a online community, i thought it would be a automatic system for whatever name you already had.

I myself cannot afford the 50 plat to reserve the 3 names i would like to keep to stay with my naming system.

If I find that when i log into B* and my name is taken, i can guarantee I will hound the owner of it. I'm not proud of it, but i do not want another Arterra doing things out there. I specifically made a facebook account called Arterra PL to fight against it when LL told me someone saying they where Arterra was on the PL FB page. currently, you can either pay 50 plat or you can make sure to be active on the community to not miss the debut and get your name in fast. guess what most people will be doing.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BirdBrainJr View Post
    Buddy list join button doesn't work. When u click the join button it tells me I have to buy dungeon. I have all dungeons. Weird.
    Yeah, same.

Sam, I am trying to join you and I am getting a popup like BirdBrain (nice!) saying I don't own the dungeon, but I do. Out of curiosity I hit the 'buy' button to see what would happen, and now I am totally frozen and had to force close.

iPhone 3GS running iOs 4.1
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Are you sure you are on version 1.7.2 ?

Also, which device are you on?

Yeah im pretty sure.
    I updated it on the android market first. Then signed in and had an in game update.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Sometimes when I go to my friends list and then click out of it using the arrow in the top left, it tells me I don't own a certain campaign - even though I'm not trying to join anyone. The campaign listed as missing is the the campaign in which the person who's at the top of my friends list happens to be in. The dialog asks me if I want to buy the campaign to join that person.

Many thanks to Amyxrose for testing this with me - she was the first person on my friends list.

I was in Oasis and when she was in the Balefort town and I just looked at my friends list, when I exited the friends list it sometimes told me I don't own Balefort, but other times it wasn't happening and we couldn't figure out what triggered it. Then I tried to join her in Balefort and it worked fine. Then we both went back to Oasis and when I looked at my friends list and exited it said I have to buy Oasis to join Amyxrose there. But then I clicked cancel and exited the dialog just fine and we were both still there in the Oasis town.
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Cant play. Multiple selections kick me off of server (e.g. elixirs, friends list, map). Going to uninstall and reinstall.

I play on a DroidX.

UPDATE: Uninstall and reinstalled app. Still does not work. If I select elixers or my friends list, I am automatically disconnected. Not good.
    Last edited by CrimsonTider; 05-19-2011 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Update

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TEPTEP View Post
    Guys i cant create/join AO3 maps with my 44 bear after updating
    also elixirs still cost platinum
    Click on the store icon, click on Elixirs, scroll down, scroll down, down some more, KEEP SCROLLING *gasps* there they are!
    It takes a while to get there, but they are there.

Edit: No more luck elixirs huh, I really should have purchased Big Luck I guess, to bad there wasn't a his/hers version (maybe a leprechaun hat), the antenna look just seemed a bit too fem for me. Maybe I should have sucked it up and paired it with the parakeet ftw.
    Last edited by Gluttony; 05-19-2011 at 05:08 PM.

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #47
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    Yeah, same.

Sam, I am trying to join you and I am getting a popup like BirdBrain (nice!) saying I don't own the dungeon, but I do. Out of curiosity I hit the 'buy' button to see what would happen, and now I am totally frozen and had to force close.

iPhone 3GS running iOs 4.1
    Thanks everyone for the bug reports. The team is working on a fix.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

50 plat to reserve is gross. youre taking long time, dedicated players who would continue to play and be long time dedicated players that will spend plat in your new game, and taxing them to keep their identity. why not like 5 plat for the first char and more for additionals, or something where we might feel less gouged.

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #49
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ixillicus View Post
    50 plat to reserve is gross. youre taking long time, dedicated players who would continue to play and be long time dedicated players that will spend plat in your new game, and taxing them to keep their identity. why not like 5 plat for the first char and more for additionals, or something where we might feel less gouged.
    50 Plat is the current price to re-name a character currently. That's where it comes from.

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #50
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    Edit: No more luck elixirs huh, I really should have purchased Big Luck I guess, to bad there wasn't a his/hers version (maybe a leprechaun hat), the antenna look just seemed a bit too fem for me. Maybe I should have sucked it up and paired it with the parakeet ftw.
    The combo elixirs have luck built into them along with run speed.

Check out the matrix in the patch notes: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/cont...-been-approved!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Talking to Farrow the Forger and then choosing to view the crafting items store from that dialog box crashes the game on my iPad.

Are crafting components going to be plat only from now on? If so that's a move away from PL's "the best items are always looted and not plat" tradition, since many good high-level items are crafted...
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

The combo elixirs have luck built into them along with run speed.
    Yes, I noticed that in the description. I mostly meant it's no longer a stand alone purchase. I noticed the combo elixir because it was 7k but there are only 3 elixirs that are stand alone purchases; my math kicked in like 3+2k = 6k... wha?! The description of the Trash can punch did set me straight, but wasn't the luck elixir a stand alone purchase at one point?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

50 Plat is the current price to re-name a character currently. That's where it comes from.
    I see where you guys are coming from, but this is not a "rename". G once said the rename is high (50) as in to keep people from constantly renaming and not 'keeping an identity' in-game, so to speak (I'm paraphrasing). This is just a reservation...if I or anyone got lucky on the first day the game came out, it would cost me nothing to "reserve" my identity. I could say that encouraging people to "reserve" their names in B* would be further encouraging people to promote/keep their PL "identity", but since it is technically not a 'rename', I don't see why you guys couldn't drop the price somewhat I know there are mouths to feed and billz to payz, but looks like the 50 is not a big hit initially (we all know the hubbub right after an update is loudest of course, but this one is pretty noticeable).
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

14.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #54
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kalielle View Post
    Talking to Farrow the Forger and then choosing to view the crafting items store from that dialog box crashes the game on my iPad.

Are crafting components going to be plat only from now on? If so that's a move away from PL's "the best items are always looted and not plat" tradition, since many good high-level items are crafted...
    Thanks lots for the bug report. We were able to reproduce it and working on a fix now. Sorry for the delay in your crafting craftiness!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I was wondering what the 'griping point' would be with this update.....guess it's going to be cost of B* name reservations.....*sigh*......suck it up and pay the price or stand guard for open selection and hope for the best. Those are your options....deal with it! Please

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I don't know about "suck it up". If it's no-drama feedback, it's good.

Can we get a ruling that stealing someone's PL name on Day 1 and holding it hostage, even extorting the person who has that name in PL, should be considered scamming and the offender's account would be deleted, freeing up the name? It seems this can so easily be abused. It has to be wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Requesting an emergency hotfix! Please! I can confirm some of the bugs. Android 2.2.1, My Touch 4g.

Immediately crashing if I choose anything on the logon screen, and seeing crafting items for plat only. Oh and potions in the shop all cost plat too? This has got to be a bug. As long as the shop in Forest Haven isn't taken away, this would just mean that nobody can buy emergency pots in a dungeon with gold anymore. But it is a bug right?

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

18.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #58
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    Oh and potions in the shop all cost plat too? This has got to be a bug. As long as the shop in Forest Haven isn't taken away, this would just mean that nobody can buy emergency pots in a dungeon with gold anymore. But it is a bug right?
    Regarding potions in the store - it is intentional that they are not longer purchasable via the store for gold. The intent is that potion purchase is a convenience that users would be willing to pay for. If you want them for gold, then yes, you would need to visit the NPC vendor.

Please! I can confirm some of the bugs. Android 2.2.1, My Touch 4g.

Immediately crashing if I choose anything on the logon screen
    As for crashing on your Android device, this is a common problem after a client update. Check out this thread for the common methods to fix:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...php?26812-Help!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Thanks for the info Sam. At least that clears up one oddity. Would be nice to have seen it in the patch notes, though. Please?

If all pots cost plat, the game would be excruciating without plat, so yea.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 05-19-2011 at 05:53 PM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Wont let me install? It says alreay installed but i havnt??? Plz help.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting