Quote Originally Posted by Regifter View Post
Nice opinion but nowadays even if people will say their price it is much likely that people will still pm you a price within the lowball/merch range. It is basically unavoidable for people to encounter these situations and it is very common, so it is better for people to ask "Offer?" and if they get a lowball/merch price they can simply just say "nty". Saying nty might also change the buyers offer and making them offer for higher which is a great advantage to the seller. But tbh everyone has their own marketing strategy so its nice of you giving advice but isn't really much of a help because lowballers/merchants are unavoidable and like I said, we have our own marketing strategy and you can't force us to use your strategy/change us.

In my observation, making the buyer offer will make it easier for a deal. For example, I am selling zhulong egg, this person asks how much, I say "Offer", He offers 30mil, I tell him I can't sell for lower than 35mil, he changes his offer to 34.5mil after seeing auction price is 37mil. Okay so my example proves that it can help the buyer understand more about prices and allows him to choose in not buying it or offering higher, while the seller can choose from not selling it to that person and continue searching for another buyer or he can lower the price if the auction price for his item is lower than what he wants. The buyer can also see what price of the certain item is outside the auction with the aid of his offers and if the seller wants a higher price or not with the aid of the auction.

Also, Based from a forum thread just recently, Shouting out the price in chat will decrease amount of buyers and will not improve their knowledge about the price changes of their item. For example, A guy is shouting in chat "Selling Nekro Egg 12mil" and he only gets offers 10mil but its not the price he wanted, he ends up not selling it at the end of the day so he decides to continue selling for 12mil because thats his original price wanted for his item. He doesn't check auction because he knows price for the egg is within 10-12mil because he has not been getting offers for less than what he wants (12mil). Then a guy offers him 8mil because that is the current price of the egg in the auction, Seller gets mad because he gets an offer which he thinks is merch/lowball so he starts making a fuss and insulting the buyer. The buyer also gets angry and also insults the seller because he "doesn't know about its real price".
You got a point there. Thanks for your time.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk