Thread: Problem Encountered - 50/50 Dex-Str Bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry Problem Encountered - 50/50 Dex-Str Bear

I've realized something after I started builing a 50-50 bear... I'm always lacking enough dex or str to wear the same level equips! Is this something I will have to grapple with throughout the levels (always wearing items a few levels down), or does it get better at the higher level? I have all these great same level stuff... but it breaks my heart I either don't have enough Str or Dex to equip them!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

At 50% your going to have the same issue now only worse later on. End game stats look roughly like this, 75% into main stat and 25% into whatever else. If I had some time I would put down some data but I've gotta jet out of here.
    Grimtigrex - "I like people who take time out of there life to help other people. Thank you!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

What level are you? Towards the later levels, going 50/50 Str/Dex will need booster items in order to put on the level appropriate gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

see this link its preatty much the bible for bow bears and includes Dual-Spec info.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Bow-Bear-Guide

Good Luck

EDIT: written by Ellyidol, but it appears you have him helping you in person, ur honoured...
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

You can, even if after a respec if you are not already divided the STR/DEX points equally. The trick is to boost the stat you want to use by wearing a set of low level pinks BEFORE changing them into the final gear. See Ellyidol Guide for details.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

My Fury Fighters set takes about 173 str to equip, so what I do IS, respec my stats to about 173 and save that build as "Pre-FF Set". Now with the added str bonuses that comes with the full FF set I get roughly +48 str (extra points that can be spent somewhere else)from the gear. Then is repsec my str stat to 173and remove -48 points, which gives me 144 to put into whatever I wish, then I save that build as "FF Set". Make sense? Ylou can do the same, just pick a main gear stat to invest and go from there.
    Last edited by Orcish; 05-20-2011 at 09:51 AM.
    Grimtigrex - "I like people who take time out of there life to help other people. Thank you!"