Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
Very creative! But to be clear: the effect of banning items at the Host level (as described) is another variation of 'remove Enchants,' but it comes with the added complexity of 'sometimes don't remove Enchants.' I have read and considered the proposal and know for certain that in order for this to be successful it would require a massive overhaul of the Hosting system... which for a game of PL's age and population doesn't sound like a wise use of resources.

All that said: maybe there is a way for us to get somewhere close to this by collaborating on a list of equipment sets for a particular level bracket that gives players access to a specific PvP zone (kinda like how Honor works but with non-Honor equipment items). Perhaps there is a set of gear that would be absolutely required in order to form the set - which could come from a variety of items - and a few slots left entirely open. I could see making a "Balanced Level-X Twink PvP Gear List" and allowing players into the zone only if they have a proper sub-set of these items, prevent gear-changes in the zone, etc. (gear would only be from one Level to start). This would be a lot of work and could take a while to implement but it is feasible whereas reworking the Hosting system is not.
I like this idea but I'll have to ask if the honor arena will revolve around a singular set of gear. The way i interpreted your solution is a honor arena dedicated to OG [B]SET[/B ]PvP. For example L.50-51 honor lobbies will require the players to have a full set like shotty 3pc while equipped with a ring and amulet under the name Sentinel Ring and Amulet. If what you meant was a singular set of gear then there will need to be a poll on what it should be. I believe L.56 Glyphic sets are the most balanced of them all to do this.

Quick input in this honor arena do you think it'll be possible to switch sets or equipments of the same name ingame as long as it's part of a set allowed in the lobby?