Page 110 of 204 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 4061

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: O&C IGN database

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    What happens if you are attacked? What do you lose, or is it just annoying?
    It is really annoying. First, there is the whole getting jumped by someone twenty lvls higher than you chicken****...you get interrupted in what you are doing and spawn in a cemetery, and in the Olande quest instance, you can't even beging the quest until an NPC spawns every several minutes and you have to race to be the first few to click on him to get the quest. If you get PKed along the way doing the Olande quests, you have to go back and wait all over again.

In Vega Square on the Whispering Islands, it is the worst. Tons of 50+ lurking around, some just PvPing each other, but I got ganked (while a lvl 31-32) by multiple 38+, usually 50+. Many of the Vega quests MAKE you spend a lot of time directly in the middle of the PvP area...at least the swamp ones there are only a couple, and the area is pretty open so you can run like hell and have a chance. In Vega, there is no where to really run, and the edges of the PvP area are impossible to avoid.

Then when you die in Vega, you respawn in a cemetery....right in middle of the PvP zone, and tons of loser low-life kids sit there and spawnkill. I had to log off for a while, couldn't get out of the cemetery.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Moog, I think the cemetery in Vega is in a neutral zone but bc of the timer you can be ganked for 5 min there. Hopefully the update will come soon with the graveyards being safe zones. That would at least allow you to break away to one if you're being ganked or just to let the timer wear off. Not a be-all, end-all solution to the problem, but it will help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool, I will give it a shot. Will be nice to grind outside pvp zone.

I don't plan on buying any runes soon. Leveled my warrior without any pots

Are you online now, Les?
    PL : Elar - 56 Bird | Jiabli - 55 Mage | Signos - 55 Bear | Nisrok - 21 Bear | Hedice - 21 Bird
    SL : Elar - 25 Operative | Formora - 25 Commando | Signos - 13 Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Moot point, because 99% of the time you die in Vega because you had a timer in the first place.

You can tele into Vega and be safe, but the quests take you into the Eristar PvP area immediately next to Vega Square itself which is where most of the problems begin with....

Btw, my Guardian build was a total failure, and Calm (skills cost 9% less) sucks, loss of Beserk is catastrophic to an offensive-minded player(s) like most of us. You can't start a combo from rest with Sonic Slash, you have to use Charge as your opening move from a semi-distance. And the Guardian and Counter stances, although cool in theory, drain morale while the stance is engaged rendering all other skills useless....it is a purely defensive move(s).

The only good thing out of the experiment was that I was surprised that Lacerate > Improved Lacerate is actually pretty damn good when upgraded, ala Sonic Slash. It bleeds a lot of HP off of mobs, and is low morale. I was using it early in my combos, immediately after Charge. It would take a significant amount of mob HP off over time. I can imagine SSlash > Charge > Lacerate would be an excellent combo opener.

Unfortunately it cost me 60g to respec and going to cost me another 60g to get back to my Battle build
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 05-31-2011 at 08:46 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    The fishfolk are lvl 26, but yeah, that's what I'm doing with my archer till I feel safe enough to attempt the dragontooth quest. Feel free to grind with me, Formora.
    The fishfolk immediately to the right/east of the Tele are not 26 if i recall, but 24-25. The ones a little further east where FishieKing spawns near the big boat are 26 and use ranged attacks and are annoying to a non-warrior at first.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    The fishfolk immediately to the right/east of the Tele are not 26 if i recall, but 24-25. The ones a little further east where FishieKing spawns near the big boat are 26 and use ranged attacks and are annoying to a non-warrior at first.
    Nope, there right now. One side is 26, other side is 27(-28?).

What made you respec as a Guardian?
    Interesing about Lacerate, though. I still have a few unused points on my warrior that I'm still debating how to use. I only have room for one more skill on my sidebar. I don't have Decapitate yet, and I hear it's a great skill when you have 0 morale. I doubt i'll take Ankle Slash, bc it will take more points. Decisions, decisions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I was really bored. Reeeeeallly bored. And I was POd at gankers, so I was gonna go in there and lay waste with a Guardian build.

Unfortunately, the lack of Beserk really sucks, and since I hate 1H/Shield, and some of the Guardian moves are things like Improved Block and Shield Slap, kinda pointless without a shield. I was hoping the stances were awesome or didn't drain morale like they do (fast).

Surprisingly, when I did manage to scrape up enough morale for a skill, my skill damage was better than expected....only marginally less than Battle build. Then again, if I was using a 1H/Shield, not so much.

I like Ankle Slash. Works great for when you need to knock them down (if it hits, it is 100% knockdown from what I have seen), which came in handy when I ganked some gankers the other day in the Swamps, and when I popped homedude stalking Formora near Olande. Not sure if the extra points for slowing enemies is really worth it, though.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

You don't lose anything when you get pked. Just shows your deaths under your stats.
    But if you're doing a quest (like Olande), you have to drop it and start all over if you die (or Olande dies). So ganking people while they're doing a quest like that is the ultimate low, IMO.

So Fluff, does that mean HunnySnipet is gone?
    HunnySnipet is my official Green Malt for now. Gonna stick with Asausagenate for now, figure if I get some money, can stock my mage with enough health and mana pots to continue. Thing is, the Assassin is actually really fun. Can easily kill a solo mob above my level, have a little trouble with multiples, but just need to practice that. Figure I need to cut one throat, then actually attack the other. That way the one I cut will be less once i get to it, and it can't cast spells on me

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Lol no matter what I play, I miss my warrior

Btw, guys, be very wary of scams. So many ppl scams being reported on the GL forums.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What kind of scams? I read one about GameloftHelp asking people to send him stuff saying there's a server maintainence. I don't think any of us will fall for something like that lol.
    PL : Elar - 56 Bird | Jiabli - 55 Mage | Signos - 55 Bear | Nisrok - 21 Bear | Hedice - 21 Bird
    SL : Elar - 25 Operative | Formora - 25 Commando | Signos - 13 Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Formora View Post
    What kind of scams? I read one about GameloftHelp asking people to send him stuff saying there's a server maintainence. I don't think any of us will fall for something like that lol.
    That's the one I'm talking about. But go back and look at the screenshots. The guy somehow managed to get it so his name wouldn't show up and it looks legit (albeit puzzling).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Formora View Post
    Yeah. Just be smart. The only items that are really better than the quest rewards are blues (that sell for a lot and no one is going to just give away) and some crafted gear. So there really isn't a reason to trade with people that you don't know or trust. If it sounds too good to be true -- it is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Is real money the only way to get a panda?

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Is real money the only way to get a panda?
    Not sure, cuz they're fairly cheap in the AH. Again, not sure why someone would buy one with real cash just to sell for a few gold :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Not sure, cuz they're fairly cheap in the AH. Again, not sure why someone would buy one with real cash just to sell for a few gold :/
    20 Gold = 15 dollar
    For 15 Dollars you can get 95 Runes
    For 95 Runes you can get 6 Pandas
    For Each Pandas you can get 12 Gold
    So for 15 dollars, you can get 20 Gold or 72 Gold.
    This is exactly the kind of thing I got worried about in PL when you could buy crafting recipes for plat and sell for gold because I care. Of course that was fixed on PL, but I could care less if that kinda thing goes on in O+-C.

BTW, I paid 5 bucks for 30 runes and shipped myself a panda

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

20 Gold = 15 dollar
    For 15 Dollars you can get 95 Runes
    For 95 Runes you can get 6 Pandas
    For Each Pandas you can get 12 Gold
    So for 15 dollars, you can get 20 Gold or 72 Gold.
    This is exactly the kind of thing I got worried about in PL when you could buy crafting recipes for plat and sell for gold because I care. Of course that was fixed on PL, but I could care less if that kinda thing goes on in O+-C.

BTW, I paid 5 bucks for 30 runes and shipped myself a panda
    20 gold only seems like a lot at lower lvls. Later in the game, it's so easy to make gold that the idea of buying it becomes laughable. In fact, if those gold sellers are actually getting business, they're making some pretty easy money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So I sent some of you warriors the best cape a master tailor can make. I checked the AH a bit later and the cape I made looked pathetic compared to random 50 ish greens. You all know crafting is flawed but daymn... What were they thinking?

Also any mages/monks who need gear just send me a mail, cause I always forget your levels and igns.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

20 gold only seems like a lot at lower lvls. Later in the game, it's so easy to make gold that the idea of buying it becomes laughable. In fact, if those gold sellers are actually getting business, they're making some pretty easy money.
    Good to know. Can you only have one pet? If not, I when I get some gold I will surround myself with pandas

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Good to know. Can you only have one pet? If not, I when I get some gold I will surround myself with pandas
    Yeah. One active pet at a time. Also remember, in the late 50 levels it is really easy to make gold. Most plate drops and weapon drops are worth close to 1g each or more. Also, the daily quests can net you 9-10g easy with minimal time. It wasn't unusual in the late levels for me to make 50g+ in a gaming session. So don't waste real money on buying gold. Save the runes for xp pots if you already purchased them. Those make grinding out the last few levels quicker when you run out of quests other than the dailys and repeatable ones. You can stack a 100% xp pot and a 50% xp pot for some mad xp if you want to spend an hour or two grinding elite mobs that already give pretty high xp.

The gold is really useful to expand your bag slots and stash slots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Question about stat points. Am I supposed to 'put points' into stats or do my stats increase with level?

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm