Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Do not give out your account email and password!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I find these threads very amusing and as comically as twink put it, funny enough to laugh myself out of bed to knock over the candle that caught the cat on fire who ran about the house setting it ablaze

On the serious side of the house, As an older player(father 40+) I work IT security for a large fortune 100 company, we even have adults doing this sort of crazyness. Granted this is a game, for you Kids and adults out there, an account that is shared, can often lead to someone taking over your email accounts and then exploiting other systems( facebook, utilities, banks acct...etc) that might happen email your account

Parents/adults - teach kids some cyberethics.
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/on...-practice.aspx

Kids - See the following
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/fa...-internet.aspx

This is coming from a security analyst thats been there done that. Be smart about playing and interacting with people you do NOT KNOW.

Last edited by Rusalio; 02-26-2013 at 02:28 PM.
    Rusalio~Lvl 75 Tank|Dexalio~Lvl 75 Archer|MaGalio~Lvl 76 Mage|[COLOR="red"]| plus 100 more...Minds are like parachutes, they only function when open.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rusalio For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

will selling/buying a account get u banned?

NoNxToxic- lvl 55 Mage | Unxtoxic- lvl 52 archer | Xkiilzx- lvl 55 warrior | Dinoxkillzx- lvl 15 dex bear (pvp bear) | Pvefarmer lvl 15 Str/Dex bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by NoNxToxic View Post
    will selling/buying a account get u banned?
    Emphatic, absolute, positively not playing YES.
    Join The Movement-- itgetsbetter.org
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7skPn...e_gdata_player

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Watchout guys there is someone saying "You Tube contest for 1000 Platinum!" I checked to see if it was real and he said "all you have to do is say hello in french" so I said it and then he said "Yay! you won! all I need now is your account password and E-mail so I can put the platinum onto your account!!! Yay!!" Sounds to me like a scam... his/her name was "Kausahandez"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

oh my oh my i got banned because i share my info with my family and they play on their devices one time

thanks ladylove zomgitznaynay level 51 str/dex bird, naynayizhere level 26 int mage,naynayftw level 18 str bear, my newest account which im racing to 56on is Xiizdexmagex feel free to add me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Speaking of banning, I got nailed because when I type like on my Droid incredible in a hurry, I hihit k not l Ike. The rracial.slur hasnt been used in 50 years, and they wanna imply im hating Jews. Really ticks me off. Allow for.spellimg issues with touch screens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

How are they trolling? Are you a scammer?
    ~Diaxos
    DeviantArt|Twitter|IGN: Diaxos|Facebook/Shop

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rusalio View Post

Parents/adults - teach kids some cyberethics.
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/on...-practice.aspx

Kids - See the following
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/fa...-internet.aspx

This is coming from a security analyst thats been there done that. Be smart about playing and interacting with people you do NOT KNOW.

Well said Rusalio! As a fellow infosec guy (I presume we are both (ISC)2 members? CISSP?) at the program level, I endorse the notion that the first $.40 of every dollar of security budget could best be used on awareness. Humans are the last line of defense, and the most intelligent security countermeasure in existence! Education is the key. Current events make a great conversation starter - e.g. the Hackerazzi thing in the news now. I can't believe celebrities these days would use such weak passwords or challenge questions - but thanks to them I have material for my next bulletin!!

A rep boost to you my colleague!

MimeRifle-Comm/40 | Radaroreilly-Eng/40
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing." G.B. Shaw

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MimeRifle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

i feel like this should be common sense for people lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Awsomus:316021
    Watchout guys there is someone saying "You Tube contest for 1000 Platinum!" I checked to see if it was real and he said "all you have to do is say hello in french" so I said it and then he said "Yay! you won! all I need now is your account password and E-mail so I can put the platinum onto your account!!! Yay!!" Sounds to me like a scam... his/her name was "Kausahandez"
    Yeah, I saw that too. There was another guy called: Onikanoa or something like that. I have to go find it again but he was saying he could get people unlimited platinum 5x a day....so yeah...
    ~Diaxos
    DeviantArt|Twitter|IGN: Diaxos|Facebook/Shop

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Diaxos View Post
    Yeah, I saw that too. There was another guy called: Onikanoa or something like that. I have to go find it again but he was saying he could get people unlimited platinum 5x a day....so yeah...
    Report, report, report. Help keep Alterra nice and clean!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Someone pretended he was a mod, then tried to trick me into telling him My details. He was BLOWN. I reported him, and never heard of him AGAIN... I wonder what happened?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Navygreen View Post
    Report, report, report. Help keep Alterra nice and clean!
    Yes, It must be kept Clean, That means no litter, and/or garbage. OK PEOPLE!!??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Unless ur quitting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by faoeskekie View Post
    Unless ur quitting
    Nope even if you're quitting... It's against the terms. Check out my reply to your original thread should hopefully clarify it all there.
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    Nope even if you're quitting... It's against the terms. Check out my reply to your original thread should hopefully clarify it all there.
    Yep it is still against the "PL laws".

Even if you let your friend use your account.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I have a question. Im not to clear on device bans? Cuz me, my cuzin, and my uncle enjoy PL. we have no intent on breaking the rules, but sumtimes ill let them use my phone, or vice versa ill use theirs. Can this result in us getting banned? Cuz he has his account logged in on my phone. Then i jst log bak in mine. Any help is appreciated

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Is using your dads tablet and gaining access to his unregistered acc to gain a few kills in pvp considered account hijacking? If so i wont do it again lol :P

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello,

I was playing pocket legends and heard a possible (or definite) scam. Someone named Spacetimeon (sounds official) said to get free platinum, go to this website www.pocketlegends.yolasite.com

Of course I checked it out, because they made it sound official. I went to the website and it says pocket legends free platinum, has Gameforge and Gameloft symbols pasted with no trademarks. It does not say Spacetime anywhere. It asks how much platinum you want 100, 300, or 600. Then it asks for your email and password. And nothing else. I just checked again and it changed. The logos are gone and the font and text has changed.

I just thought if this is a scam, which it seems to be, it may possibly fool many people. Best to report it. I tried to send him a friend request and report him personally, but he did not respond. If there is an easier way to report please let me know. Someone else tried to buy my account in pm chat, but I unfriended him and disappeared before i could report him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got the most fail scam. This lvl 1 came up to me and told me to change my face, becauz he was against ducks and wouldn't tell me why. Who hates ducks? Anyway I told him I didn't have 10 plat so he said his dad owns pl and he was gonna ban me frm the game I muted him and told him I was gonna report him. He left fast and he was gone frm my ignore list, so he probably deleted his character