Thread: Question regarding this upcoming game

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j46g629h View Post
    I just watched this game play video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuyCOdwtvdk

My question is, as it is similar to PL, why do I have to play this game if I'm currently playing PL. Or why do I have to continue playing PL if I decide to play this game? This might effect both games.

Anyway, that's just my question because we don't see much information about this game at the moment and I thought this would be a completely new game experience.
    I'm disappointed the art style has changed from this:

to the above tbh... really liked the above^.

I guess it will be cool if the customization is loads tho??

RE: OP

Both games use the Spacetime Engine so going to be similarities and it's sorta advantageous to the devs because they can add new things in SL that PL does not have then put those back into PL and so on with future titles. That's the reason why the devs are doing this.

However as a player is that ok?

It's good because you are familiar with the general way these games play so easy to get into. But could be bad if not enough differences ie just a reskin is going to fool no-body.

So, I think great question from OP.

We have been told that the big differences will be:

1. MUCH more story (already planned 1.5yrs worth of content) ie BIGGER preproduction of the IP: lore, world, races etc...
    2. MORE customization of characters
    3. ADDED environmental gameplay: traps, puzzles, class-specific interactions eg doors, turrets, console-hacking etc
    4. BETTER PvP because it is designed straight-away.
    5. Potentially ground combat & space combat although no guarantees
    6. DIFFERENT skills: Combat is still touch-tap but it is different mechanics eg GCD on skill-sets.

eg cinco on combat and droidgamers:

While the user interface is different from that of Pocket Legends, it is really easy to pick up and get the hang of.
    So I think B* will deliver in several ways, but also will be very similar nonetheless.

But as above gutted the art direction has changed. Although the footage is pre-beta build so..........
    Last edited by ratava; 06-12-2011 at 02:05 PM.