Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: founder helm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    LOL, the spark has hit the HAY!
    Flame WARRRR!'
    I can feel a thread lock coming in the air tonight oh forum.

we need to chill out and have a good constructive debate.

Sent from my GT540 using Tapatalk
    Tupaclegend lvl 62 Warrior
    proud member of C.O.T

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thugimmortal View Post
    I can feel a thread lock coming in the air tonight oh forum.

we need to chill out and have a good constructive debate.

Sent from my GT540 using Tapatalk
    Yeh, luckily, no flame war yet.
    I was just kidding.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Does the shield even have +1 armor? (I'm not logging on to check.)
    Yeh. I think.

EDIT: AGH a Double. Soz...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Yeh. I think.

EDIT: AGH a Double. Soz...
    It doesn't.

and riiight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otukura View Post
    It doesn't.

and riiight.
    Biing serious.
    Srsly!
    Trust me on this one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Biing serious.
    Srsly!
    Trust me on this one.
    Lol. Fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kraze View Post
    The founder helm adds an advantage that diminishes as you approach level cap it's less noticeable. It really is no different than a ring and was a nice gesture by the devs. IMO it's not game breaking or world ending. On the bright side droid users in a year or so (give or take a few weeks) you could have a SL founders helm and may have a different opinion
    Nobody is saying that it is a big deal at the level cap nor are the majority of posters complaining that people who came here early on deserve some recognition. It is however a big deal if you twink at below level 20.

On the contrary, I would never want something that gave an unfair advantage simply because I joined earlier, although I would have no issues at high level PvP for anybody wearing one. It is for this reason that I advocate that the founder's helm should give no stat bonus for PvP only (or just 1 armor, like any other vanity item).
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 06-14-2011 at 08:35 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

on topic of helms... anyone ever get a veteran helm? I have had a few ask me this in past few days. these where mentioned after the founders helms where going to be given to those in first 6 months of game then brought back to the first 2 months.. then these other helms...
    IF YOU BELIEVE YOU WILL ACHIEVE.....
    Just lady..tigerizstar..mivida..ladyhadazza..ladyhadasa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

The true nature of this thread should be obvious to all Envy and jealousy. We have an item you can't have. Whine. Whine.

All the founders are leaving for b* in a month and most of us are just flat out bored of the game. The founders helm is limited edition an item that in the years to come will probably end up as rare the shield guardians receive. They are select and they are few. I understand how unfair that must seem to all but it really isn't. We were the first wave. There will never be another.

We have accumulated intelligence on in-game mechanics and strategies before anyone else. Contributed in working out bugs communicated and supplied initial feedback to the devs. Created the wealth of knowledge you find here today. (Most of which was non-existant at one time). The founders guided the new players. There was a time when everyone in the game knew everything and everyone worked effectively as a team. Now it seems like the game has buried itself to the in uneducated fools.

We were compensated for our contribution to the game and to the developer's. It is a sign of appreciation. So YES WE EARNED IT! I'm not saying we deserve it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aculeas View Post
    The true nature of this thread should be obvious to all Envy and jealousy. We have an item you can't have. Whine. Whine.

All the founders are leaving for b* in a month and most of us are just flat out bored of the game. The founders helm is limited edition an item that in the years to come will probably end up as rare the shield guardians receive. They are select and they are few. I understand how unfair that must seem to all but it really isn't. We were the first wave. There will never be another.

We have accumulated intelligence on in-game mechanics and strategies before anyone else. Contributed in working out bugs communicated and supplied initial feedback to the devs. Created the wealth of knowledge you find here today. (Most of which was non-existant at one time). The founders guided the new players. There was a time when everyone in the game knew everything and everyone worked effectively as a team. Now it seems like the game has buried itself to the in uneducated fools.

We were compensated for our contribution to the game and to the developer's. It is a sign of appreciation. So YES WE EARNED IT! I'm not saying we deserve it.
    This is true, but PL shield and Guardian Shield Stats were nerfed, no? I don't see why the same philosophy is put out onto the Founder's Helm. Each one contributed to the community in one way or another.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And there's that attitude...I can say I joined in November and did the same...its not the token, its the stats of the token of appreciation. They removed all the other "special" vanities stats...yet they left them on the helm...makes absolutely zero sense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sun View Post
    If I were a dev, I'd double it's stats just because of that attitude
    yeah!
    its all soooooo unfair *whiiiiiiine*
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

I don't want to turn this into a flame war, but I'll say this much. To date, no guardian of alterra has behaved so arrogantly as to believe that they are somehow "superior". If they did, I'm sure they'd lose their GoA status pretty quickly. Can you imagine any of the guardians putting in their signatures "I'm Guardian of Alterra. I have a cool shield. Aren't you jealous?" or telling us how they "earned" their guardian status? There are a couple of founders with such inflammatory signatures around the forums. Most of the guardians are quite modest about their achievements. In fact, many deliberately choose not to use a guardian avatar.

There are 2 issues at stake here:

1. The helm is a potential problem in low level twinking. High level PvP will be almost unaffected.

2. There is now a growing sense of resentment between the founders (many of whom do their fellow players a discourtesy by dismissing the concerns of other as plain whining), and the non-founders (who feel that the founders have an unfair advantage and are resentful about it).

I would also advance that if anybody should be given an advantage, it should be the Guardians, any of whom did much more for the community than the founders (unless of course, you are both a founder and a guardian). Furthermore, the rarity of the guardian shield would mean that it would have a negligible impact on game balance.
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 06-15-2011 at 05:30 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    I don't want to turn this into a flame war, but I'll say this much. To date, no guardian of alterra has behaved so arrogantly as to believe that they are somehow "superior". If they did, I'm sure they'd lose their GoA status pretty quickly. Can you imagine any of the guardians putting in their signatures "I'm Guardian of Alterra. I have a cool shield. Aren't you jealous?" or telling us how they "earned" their guardian status? There are a couple of founders with such inflammatory signatures around the forums. Most of the guardians are quite modest about their achievements. In fact, many deliberately choose not to use a guardian avatar.

There are 2 issues at stake here:

1. The helm is a potential problem in low level twinking. High level PvP will be almost unaffected.

2. There is now a growing sense of resentment between the founders (many of whom do their fellow players a discourtesy by dismissing the concerns of other as plain whining), and the non-founders (who feel that the founders have an unfair advantage and are resentful about it).

I would also advance that if anybody should be given an advantage, it should be the Guardians, any of whom did much more for the community than the founders (unless of course, you are both a founder and a guardian). Furthermore, the rarity of the guardian shield would mean that it would have a negligible impact on game balance.
    I have a founders helm...and I may be biased but I have never given it to my other lower level characters...I have always kept the helm on my "founding" mage and as much as I would love to keep the stats according to all the debating the best thing to do is get rid of them or bring back the other vanity stats...I agree completely that GoA espacially GoAshould be honored and have a shield with stats but why not the founders they did help the game get its start after all...I do admit when the game came out I loved it but was poor and once I got bored of being stuck on 12 I stopped playing till dark forest came out...luckily it was ONLY a month that I was off but afterward I used my money...and also all founders ended up having the sheild of gratitude anyway...whether they used free plat to get main spine or they acually spent money in game, I am positive that all founders who play the game up to today have a sheild of gratitude

I think the best thing to do is (I can't believe I'm saying this) get rid of the stats (I only agree if they make it look cooler...the crown it is now on my mage is only founding worth, in my opinion, because of the stats. A cooler looking founder helm with no stats I think would be fine with me)

What the SHOULD have done is given the founders helm th the "founding" character (or the highest level if they may have deleted their main) and made it non tradeable or non stashable

THIS IS NOT MY FINAL OPINION I HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHANGE MY MIND

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    rage is only meant for bears in-game and not in the forum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i have the founders helm and I really like it, not for the stats (I dont play pvp a lot) but for the awesomeness (warrior type looks awesome). I actually don't deserve it because i have been out for a few months and I never really payed for it till december i think. But I just got lucky i guess. I think low lvl pvp is not fair with it but i have seen great solutions (making contests without them, leave when someone has one and asking to let them put it of for a nice fight). So don't make a big deal out of this one, it's not that much of a problem
    Enchantress Ogden lvl 45, Bear Beerwarrior lvl 51, Bird Kidicraus lvl 54

NorthEast Ohio on the #1 Trout River next to Lake Erie
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Dont make a big deal about something that a select group of people have a advantage.(((bonus stats no one can get.)))
    It is a big deal in twink pvp. Im sure it does effects high level pvp but its harder to see the advantage.

They take bonus stats away from shields. Then add a helm that goes against why they took the shields bonus stats away. I dont get it.

With some of the attitudes I see on here. No wonder there is so many complaint threads on how people are treated.((These posts are brushed off as stupid posts. ??? ))

Fix your game and stop saying you will take one bonus away for a reason. Then you make items that go against why you changed items in the first place.
    There is to many games comeing out for me to care anymore. Im done posting on this.

I get my pvp outside of this game anyways. It is no skin off my back.... I will just pve.. Happy Happy Joy Joy

add items or take stats away. Thats my idea to fix this problem.
    Last edited by Diodge; 06-16-2011 at 04:28 PM.
    """""""""There's a sucker born every minute" P. T. Barnum"""""""""

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I too would have loved this helm... not only does it look ace but the stats are awesome for a vanity item. Just wish i had started playing PL from an earlier date.

Who knows what the future holds... maybe the Devs will actually start to feel sorry for us and release a sympathy/crybaby vanity helm for those of us who keep complaining about not having a Founders helm :-)

PL : xBearSpiritx (Lvl 66 Tank Bear) | xPallax (Lvl 60 Pure Int Elf) | xDarkWraithx (Lvl 61 Pure Dex Bird)
    SL: Crusader (Lvl 26 Commando) | Contra (Lvl 26 Operative) | xPallax (Lvl 26 Engineer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default not sick

I think people should accept that thats the way the game is run and be prowd everytime they got slayned by a superiarly armored fighter. Knowing they managed to stay alive so long after all. They are better!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

i kill people that have the founders helm....not much of an advantage...
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Wow this thread isnt locked yet even if it seems to turn into a flame war, i am a level 16 and didnt get founders, i see both points on the one hand its not really fair for pvp (lower levels) and only it still have its stats on the other hand it is a reward for those who supported the game that long. My solution would be to turn it into a normal vanity with no stats whenever you enter pvp. AND NO FLAME WAR lets Discuss Fair
    Characters:
    Deadfarmers Level 76 Mage Deadsoldiers Level 36 Bear Deadfighters Level 15 Twink Deadmerchant Level 33 Merchant