Thread: In game chatting/requests suggestion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Lightbulb In game chatting/requests suggestion

I have no idea how others find the experience of chatting in game so can't comment so I'm just going off of with my experience with my HTC Desire & ipod touch. Playability is far superior on my HTC compared to my ipod so I tend to game predominantly with the phone. The only 2 major issues I have with the android version of PL is the fact that chatting while gaming pretty much sucks, pardon my french, as the keyboard/text area takes up the majority of the screen and an issue with the game requests from friends filling the whole screen.

If someone asks me a question I can't even think of replying until the area is clear of attackers or else I'll lose all abilities to defend myself while replying let alone even see if something is coming my way. The kyboard takes up half of the panoramic screen while the text box takes up the rest. Whereas on my ipod the keyboard takes up only a thrid and disappears immediatelyt once I've sent a message. Way easier. Is there any way to make the ingame keyboard semi transparent? That way it can still occupy the space it needs to but allows the gamer to see beyond it anything important that might need theri immediate attention while chatting.

Not only that but when requests to join friends in another dungeon come up not only do they fill most of the screen but hang there for quite a while obscuring the view of what is behind the text - such as me trying to keep my grrl alive while being gangbanged by aliens. Is there any way of being able to set up an ignore function on requests only? I don't want to ignore my friends all together as mine range from lvl 10s to lvl 50+ so we are not always in the same dungeon but do chat over the servers while gaming. The only reason why this is an issue is the fact that I sometimes get a continual barrage of requests for a few minutes straight and this has truly hampered my playing, sometimes ending in my char's death.

Just some thoughts so far as I've only been playing for about 3 weeks now and am still figuring all of the ins & outs of PL.
    Grrls Got Game!!!
    AnRK L48 Mage . Rhyval L33 Bird . Myrddynus L30 Bear . Kharris L1 Twinkie
    Anarchy is more than a state of mind

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

You can hit the back button to minimize the keyboard and it'll still save your text, when ready to continue, tap the text.

My nexus one(very similar to the HTC desire) never has problems with the keyboard, it's about 1/3-1/2 the screen. Which keyboard are you using? there's a lot of ones in the market.

As for requests, I don't think there's any way, but you can still ask them not to, most will comply. At end game, I only have my friend's twinks and mains, so there's none of that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

you can still move around, at least on the ipod touch version, while typing. See if it works with Desire. You just hold on the joystick and press the chat button. Then still holding the joystick and moving it around for kiting, use your other thumb to type in the message! Its not effective when you have to type something large but if its "hi" or "Whats up" it works great because you can kite monsters and talk.
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Otukura View Post
    Which keyboard are you using? there's a lot of ones in the market.
    Use the Slide keyboard since it really makes typing so much quicker. Know of any keyboards out there that are much smaller when in landscape mode?
    Grrls Got Game!!!
    AnRK L48 Mage . Rhyval L33 Bird . Myrddynus L30 Bear . Kharris L1 Twinkie
    Anarchy is more than a state of mind

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

If you really want, you could connect a (big or small) Bluetooth keyboard, this way almost nothing of your screen gets covered.

What I think you see from time to time, is people who play on an iPad. I play on an iPad myself most of the times, and the joystick is still accessible while typing. So it's easy to walk around, and even autoattack while typing. On a phone you don't have the joystick anymore, and more of your screen seems to be covered too.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Well, about all of this not touch keyboard stuff, here is the advantage of a touch: run n type! Ya simply type with one hand and run with the other!

PokechmpLV53 AnubbydudeLV16
    To66: [||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||] | Proud leader of Zer0 | If you decide not to do the right thing, then you are deciding to do wrong -Pokechmp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

tap and attack. Always make sure that u r in auto attack before responding thats wat I do also if u want to move touch out of the keyboard space and tk easy as 1...2...3
    Nobody can screw up like americans